Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Jan 11, 2008 at 12:41 AM Post #2,236 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by willisv /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I received my reference in the mail today. (Mar 26 order) I installed some panasonic eneloops and hooked it up to my 5.5 imod and Er4p's. Without any break-in it sounds very very nice. Compared to my hornet m, which has about 200 hrs on it - the reference has it beat easily. It is a very warm and smooth sounding amp and much less fatiguing to listen to. The best way to describe the sound is very tight and controlled, it plays the music effortlessly. I will post more impressions once it breaks in.
icon10.gif

Was it worth the wait?

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #2,240 of 3,962
The wait didn't really bother me as much as the lack of communication, and I payed Xin with paypal which is the wrong way to do it. If you order with a credit card and try to forget about it then there's no worries, since he doesn't charge till he ships your amp. This amp is definitely worth the money paid, at $280 plus shipping I don't think you could get a higher quality portable for the price - never mind with free updates. I am listening to it right now through my alien dac, foobar2000, and playing flac files, I can honestly say that this amp is not over hyped... it does sound that good.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #2,241 of 3,962
almost forgot - for those having trouble getting through to Xin, make sure you follow the email format on his website to a T. This was noted by someone a few posts back and it really does help.

Jan 11, 2008 at 2:19 AM Post #2,242 of 3,962
Quote:

The wait didn't really bother me as much as the lack of communication, and I payed Xin with paypal which is the wrong way to do it. If you order with a credit card and try to forget about it then there's no worries, since he doesn't charge till he ships your amp. This amp is definitely worth the money paid, at $280 plus shipping I don't think you could get a higher quality portable for the price - never mind with free updates. I am listening to it right now through my alien dac, foobar2000, and playing flac files, I can honestly say that this amp is not over hyped... it does sound that good.

I ordered in Nov 2007,so I have a long wait.
Thanks for the info!

Jan 11, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #2,243 of 3,962
Quote:

almost forgot - for those having trouble getting through to Xin, make sure you follow the email format on his website to a T. This was noted by someone a few posts back and it really does help.

Iv been using Gmail, so im not sure if that casues any time synchronisation issues. But apart from that im sure I followed all other steps (just using a paypal referenc ein header, since I wasnt given a Xin order reference). And am receiving no replies.

Jan 11, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #2,244 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kabeer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Iv been using Gmail, so im not sure if that casues any time synchronisation issues. But apart from that im sure I followed all other steps (just using a paypal referenc ein header, since I wasnt given a Xin order reference). And am receiving no replies.

I used paypal to pay also and on the paypal receipt there should be an invoice ID (there was for me anyways) and this is the number that I put in the header as well as my order date and how many months had passed since I ordered. I also put which amp I ordered in the header. Make sure it is plain text and not html, after I did this I got an email a couple of days later. I think that if you follow this format you will hear from him eventually.

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:14 AM Post #2,245 of 3,962
Well folks, after more than 10 months of waiting my Xin Reference amp has finally arrived. Exterior is nothing to brag about--standard Hammond metal case used for the Mini3. The sound without any break-in is very impressive. I read that it needs 300-400 hours of break-in but it sounds great now! I will be putting my Mini3 up for sale because the Reference blows it away.
wink.gif

Jan 12, 2008 at 2:43 AM Post #2,246 of 3,962
Joined the 9 month club last week, so I'm hopeful that I'll soon be getting my prize. Here's the kicker though - I ordered a Supermicro IV. So far, it seems to be all Reference. So here's the 2 part question - do I try to change my order or will that move me to the back of the Reference line? Incidental to that, is the Reference a big improvement over the Supermicro?

Jan 12, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #2,247 of 3,962
It refines the Micro. The Micro for its size is excellent and a wonderful piece of work. It is worth having for its size and great sound quality but the Reference further refines it, adds a huge cap, smoothes the highs even more. Well the Reference is another dimension. Email Xin and ask him if you can change your order and to please not lose your place in line. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Jan 12, 2008 at 1:16 PM Post #2,248 of 3,962
Would someone be so kind as to provide a pic or a link show the size of the reference compared to the RSA Tomahawk - as i've changed my order from the Reference to the Supermicro as i was concern with the size issue.

I have the tomahawk and find it 'quite' easy to stick into my inside jacket pockets - i'd just like to know how much different having to carry a Reference would be to my Tomahawk.

If its not jacket pocket friendly - i'll stick with my supermicro order, if it is - well looks like id have to email Xin again and revert to my original order.

thanx for any help given.

Jan 12, 2008 at 5:06 PM Post #2,250 of 3,962
The reference is the best portable I have ever listened to. But my upgraded Supermini closely follows the performance of Reference. For its size it is a wonderful amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back