Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Nov 7, 2007 at 8:08 PM Post #1,981 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When I receive my Reference I will delete Xin's name from my address book and block his website on my firewall
tongue.gif

What if you have a customer service issue..... ?????
blink.gif
frown.gif
confused.gif

Personally, as I mentioned before, I hope like heck the amp works VERY well and without any flaws for quite a few years.

If it breaks or fails to perform as it should (quality of sound being somewhat subjective), I am going to be pretty upset. ..... But, I also DO hope it sounds incredible!

From what I have seen, Xin will likely take care of any issues "Eventually". But, I would still have to consider poor communication, unknown length of wait and extremely long wait times as poor customer service.
I don't look forward to any future waits and non-communication issues again.

However, if it breaks or fails, I don't have a choice other than to try to contact and send it back to Xin.
confused.gif
frown.gif

Who else would/could fix it?

Nov 8, 2007 at 10:55 AM Post #1,983 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His twin brother niX.
plainface.gif

LOL!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Nov 8, 2007 at 11:04 AM Post #1,984 of 3,962
Well after 7 months of waiting, I finally canceled my order for the Reference. It wasn't so much the fact that I was outraged by Xin's lack of communication or business practices, but more the fact that during the wait I had so much time to research other amps.

I've decided that I won't be using an amp for portable use, so I settled for a Meier Arietta (a few bucks cheaper too, which is nice) because of its favourable reviews and crossfeed feature, along with the fact that it'll be in my greedy palms within two weeks.

I hope I will get the opportunity to order a Reference some time in the future when things are more stable, and I hope everyone gets theirs soon. Best of luck to Xin!

Nov 9, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #1,988 of 3,962
Good news for those of you waiting for your Xin products. After 2 months of waiting and thinking, I canceled my orders for a reference and micro. My move is good enough for what I need... and at least Meier can be contacted for quick resolution of problems.

Thus ends my Xin saga (and I've enjoyed it!)

Nov 9, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #1,990 of 3,962
I'm still waiting
smily_headphones1.gif

I have done what most of you did: I bought a Tomahawk which should be there next week.

Nov 10, 2007 at 3:48 AM Post #1,991 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by omendelovitz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good news for those of you waiting for your Xin products. After 2 months of waiting and thinking, I canceled my orders for a reference and micro. My move is good enough for what I need... and at least Meier can be contacted for quick resolution of problems.

Thus ends my Xin saga (and I've enjoyed it!)

Hmm...I'm not sure how this can be construed as good news for prospective Xin owners.
Corda Move owners maybe...

The wait continues...

Nov 10, 2007 at 1:26 PM Post #1,995 of 3,962
I realized that if I want to get or keep Xin amps then I must have other amp(s) so that I can go on with this audio hobby. I consider buying a Xin amp as investing for a long haul. Since then (that was about 6 months ago) I got Mapletree tube home amp and Headsix. So I'll be pleasantly surprised when the Xin amps show up. In the mean time I am enjoying the music. I am used to very long waits, 3 to 9 months, for mods or custom made stuff.

Doing business with Xin is just different.

I have dealt with folks who provide quick turn around but the product is not satisfying - not reference level. Of course this is just my experience - because I have turned over my gear so many times over.

Days on earth are 24 hours and they get longer and longer as you move to other plants in our solar system away from the sun. It takes longer for Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto etc. to go around the sun.

His communication style is relatively and annoyingly slower. May be he's (unknowlingly) teaching us all a lesson patience (I know I could use it
wink.gif
). But his products are true reference level, has no peers, unique, reasonably priced, etc.

May we all have the resources to deal with Dr. Xin's slower communication and product life cycle time.

Wish you all a happy day.

Sunil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back