Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Nov 6, 2007 at 7:27 PM Post #1,966 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickknutson /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't remember if I cancelled my order or not...hmmm, perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised in a month or two. I think I ordered it at the beginning of June. Oh well, we'll see!

Hehe, shopping with Xin; always an adventure!

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:26 AM Post #1,967 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loooove.. the waiting..trust that this is not going to be a Diablo disaster.

What, was this a project?
wink.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 7:33 AM Post #1,968 of 3,962
I just cancelled mine as I paid with paypal and tired of my money in someones elses pocket and they don't bother answering emails. I can somehow exist without a xin amp.
I did pass on, once the amps are available I may order one.
It's simple good manners to pay attention to a customer that has paid you money.

I sent one email friday and another monday asking for a ship date. No response. I don't need the aggrevation.

Nov 7, 2007 at 8:55 AM Post #1,969 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wotan1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I loooove.. the waiting..trust that this is not going to be a Diablo disaster.

You got me curious....

I just went and skimmed a few pages of the LaRocco Diablo thread.
blink.gif
frown.gif

I sure hope that doesn't happen here with the Xin Reference.

I didn't take the time to read the whole thread, but it sounds like a mess, poor communication, long waits and then a bunch of defective $500 amps and no or poor replies from maker and/or distributor (????).

I don't have the time or patience for that. It is bad enough to wait months for a product, but to then receive a product that goes bad after a few hours or so and not be able to contact the maker or distributor....
mad.gif
mad.gif

Again, I sure hope that doesn't happen here.

After all of this, I am expecting to be VERY pleased with my amp!

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:26 AM Post #1,970 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by DDW /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After all of this, I am expecting to be VERY pleased with my amp!

Well I hang on to those who are lucky enough to own a Reference and claim 'that it is worthwhile the wait'.
The wait for me is over 8 months now.
blink.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 9:39 AM Post #1,971 of 3,962
I ordered a SM IV March 26, switched to a reference 2 months ago. Still waiting.

Nov 7, 2007 at 12:51 PM Post #1,972 of 3,962
I find this thread turning increasingly interesting. Over on Xin's site, more and more people are getting fed up with this wait-period. Now here the same thing. and really all that's needed is ONE SHORT POST by Xin stating the circumstances and I'm sure many people who are now really POed would calm down. Really don't think taking three minutes out of life to post an update is too much to ask

Nov 7, 2007 at 2:25 PM Post #1,973 of 3,962
You are so right, and this has been discussed over and over again in this thread. Why Xin refuses to communicate with his customers, nobody knows. Fact is that he remains incommunicado no matter what.
It's up to you whether you can live with this or not. I really understand people who are canceling their orders because of the way Xin treats them.
Sure, I am anguish to receive my amp but stopped moaning and hoping. Every day I check this thread and Xin's forum for any news. Every now and then I shoot him an email asking for the status of my order. But after all these months I am no wiser then when I placed my order back in March, except for the fact that I am sure that this will be my first ánd last time I do business with the Dr. once bitten, twice shy.
When I receive my Reference I will delete Xin's name from my address book and block his website on my firewall
tongue.gif

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:08 PM Post #1,975 of 3,962
I wouldn't be annoyed except that I paid via paypal and he has my money.
blink.gif

Having been in small business since '78 I started laying out all the potential scenarios here including the Drs possible bad heath. I have no idea how old he is is but it's apparent he's gotten a lot of his knowledge over time so he's not an 18yo kid. That's the possible good excuse.

It's the inherent potential for abuse thats very apparent to me when someone prepays and has a limited time to act on any recovery options. There's not a whole lot of incentive for a vendor of any sort to perform. As potential customers we can't even look at an ebay feedback.
frown.gif

I own a video store and have for close to 30 years now. Once we have extended a lot of credit to a customer and a customer gets a high balance, their credit card usually doesn't work and we have a hard time getting our money. When my store extends a lot of credit, the customer often seems to act like he's too upside down in his car loan and the account often "goes south". The customer may eventually pay up but since we don't charge interest we are still out money plus aggrevation plus the loss of the customer. Prepaid customers, as a group, are like my store.

I should have given the site a credit card. I would have had no worries that way. I have to say, this is my fault.

I should slap myself for paying via paypal. By reading this thread beforehand I suppose I thought I might have an edge over charge card people when it came to communication and delivery. When a customer of mine has prepaid I take care of them first.

I sent a notice to him 10 hours ago requesting cancellation of my order as I mentioned earlier. I will also initiate a refund via paypal as well this morning.

If and when one is available and I'm interested I might buy one.

*slaps himself*

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:15 PM Post #1,976 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryVale /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wouldn't be annoyed except that I paid via paypal and he has my money.
blink.gif

Having been in small business since '78 I started laying out all the potential scenarios here including the Drs possible bad heath. I have no idea how old he is is but it's apparent he's gotten a lot of his knowledge over time so he's not an 18yo kid. That's the possible good excuse.

It's the inherent potential for abuse thats very apparent to me when someone prepays and has a limited time to act on any recovery options. There's not a whole lot of incentive for a vendor of any sort to perform. As potential customers we can't even look at an ebay feedback.
frown.gif

I own a video store and have for close to 30 years now. Once we have extended a lot of credit to a customer and a customer gets a high balance, their credit card usually doesn't work and we have a hard time getting our money. When my store extends a lot of credit, the customer often seems to act like he's too upside down in his car loan and the account often "goes south". The customer may eventually pay up but since we don't charge interest we are still out money plus aggrevation plus the loss of the customer. Prepaid customers, as a group, are like my store.

I should have given the site a credit card. I would have had no worries that way. I have to say, this is my fault.

I should slap myself for paying via paypal. By reading this thread beforehand I suppose I thought I might have an edge over charge card people when it came to communication and delivery. When a customer of mine has prepaid I take care of them first.

I sent a notice to him 10 hours ago requesting cancellation of my order as I mentioned earlier. I will also initiate a refund via paypal as well this morning.

If and when one is available and I'm interested I might buy one.

*slaps himself*

all fair and understandable comments/scenarios.

i just hope you didnt order this over 45 days, which seems to be the stupid paypal cut off point for invoking a paypal claim. that in itself seems bad practise. but thats a different story.

hope it all works out for you!

p.s. whilst i dont know xins age, from a photo i would hazard a guess at him being mid to late forties.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:54 PM Post #1,977 of 3,962
Quaddy:

Nope not that long ago. I just had to have the item or know that its been shipped or at least get a ship date as I'm leaving for 5 months right before turkey day. My patience ran out. I can't treat an ebay buyer that way if he buys a $20 item from me for gods sake.

Thanks!

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:33 PM Post #1,978 of 3,962
I'm in this too,gang, with a SM LE IV at his place for upgrades and order in for Reference. Only meant to say that all these pages upon pages both here and on his site could be totally eliminated by one simple update-type message.

Really don't think that's too much to ask

Nov 7, 2007 at 5:55 PM Post #1,979 of 3,962
Here's the man we all dreaming of.

Photo shot by jamato8 (Man, what a photographer he is!!! Don't forget to check his other galleries)

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:21 PM Post #1,980 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fl00r /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's the man we all dreaming of.

Photo shot by jamato8 (Man, what a photographer he is!!! Don't forget to check his other galleries)

hehe, that the photo i searched for and was 'referencing', i am not too hot at guessing ages.

i am relative newcomer at 3months wait for reference. i recently changed CC details. hope it gets through, i think it will do.

i will be letting this order stay till receipt of the ref amp as i simply want to hear it. simple as that. time and annoyance wont stifle that chance for me at least
basshead.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back