Those who waiting Xin amp, post and get your date of arrival !
Nov 5, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #1,951 of 3,962
DDW, why don't u purchase another amp to hold u through? if your budget permits, you can get a used hornet or tomahawk for around $250-300 on the FS forums here. if not, then you can probably get a PA2v2 or ibasso for under $100. that should hold u off and ease your miseries. then when the xin amp does come in, you can actually appreciate what different amps can do to your music.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:12 AM Post #1,952 of 3,962
aluren,

I have considered that, but I kept just thinking I would wait.

I was hoping to avoid a situation where I would have to do hours and hours of comparison and then have to choose.
I am a little afraid of myself and for my wallet.
If not careful, I could see myself spending thousands on all kinds of amps and more equipment.

Thanks to this forum, I already have about 25 pages of notes on a word document and a couple of files filled with pics of equipment to lust over.

I hope with any luck to just hit the nail on the head and be floored by the Reference, be satisfied and be done with my portable rig.

I have a lot of other fincial interests and obligations as well and I am tring to keep things in check.

I still want a good headphone amp as well.
But, I want to use my computer and not sure about the whole DAC thing yet.

I still have a lot to learn. Trying to pace myself.

Nov 6, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #1,953 of 3,962
yeah try to pace yourself. but for most of us, things always go downhill in terms of our wallets the more we get involved in head-fi!

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:14 AM Post #1,954 of 3,962
I have no idea what Reference was at the meet but I hope that Xin releases one like I have. To be honest I have used two Black Gate bypass caps but if the design was not excellent, the sound would not have improved. The sound is open, dynamic, natural and transparent. I hope he goes with this model because to be honest, I would enjoy knowing people were hearing this quality of sound.

Nov 6, 2007 at 5:55 AM Post #1,955 of 3,962
Just got an email from Xin telling me my amps are shipped on 5th Nov 2007 by EMS. A tracking number was provided as well.

This includes an SuperMacro IV (latest update plus new PSU) AND the Reference. The whole thing started in April this year so I am not too bad compared to those who waited even longer.

For what is worth, I paid using paypal upfront. Not sure if this makes any difference in Xin's queue.

Unfortunately as I am traveling I won't be able to see the amps in person until a week later. Too Bad.

F. Lo

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:21 AM Post #1,956 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by fkclo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just got an email from Xin telling me my amps are shipped on 5th Nov 2007 by EMS. A tracking number was provided as well.

This includes an SuperMacro IV (latest update plus new PSU) AND the Reference. The whole thing started in April this year so I am not too bad compared to those who waited even longer.

For what is worth, I paid using paypal upfront. Not sure if this makes any difference in Xin's queue.

Unfortunately as I am traveling I won't be able to see the amps in person until a week later. Too Bad.

F. Lo

nice. at least we know he is slowly but surely shipping them out!

Nov 6, 2007 at 6:26 AM Post #1,957 of 3,962
So I've had my order in since June and now, from the perspective of Christmas coming up, I could probably use that $200 I was ready to spend. Is cancelling my order as easy as sending an e-mail (I paid credit card, not paypal)?

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:34 AM Post #1,959 of 3,962
Its good that he slowly ships some amps. But his silence worries me a lot. If he had done with the final layout of the reference and other aMPs he would have surely announced that in his forum.
I think he is just shipping few amps to thin out the unrest. Buying time for more work? Or is he alright health wise or personally?

Nov 6, 2007 at 11:41 AM Post #1,960 of 3,962
Xin doesn't seem to have a queue, i'm affraid he just ships out orders randomly. i'm almost 8 months waiting, and paid upfront (Paypal)
frown.gif

Nov 6, 2007 at 11:59 AM Post #1,961 of 3,962
Pulled my order and requested the paypal refund. I'm outta here due to the lack of communication. The idea of waiting months should the amp break or having a 2nd amp handy to cover Xin's irregular service is ridiculous to ask of a customer (even though I have several).

No matter how 'good' the Reference may be before or after modifications the other high end amps are right up there too and don't have these insane drawbacks. It's not worth the bother or irritation.

Nov 6, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #1,962 of 3,962
Quote:

Originally Posted by itsborken /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pulled my order and requested the paypal refund. I'm outta here on due to the lack of communication. The idea of waiting months should the amp break or having a 2nd amp handy to cover Xin's irregular service is ridiculous to ask of a customer (even though I have several).

No matter how 'good' the Reference may be before or after modifications the other high end amps are right up there too and don't have these insane drawbacks. It's not worth the bother or irritation.

When you cancel your order you have a good chance that Xin will send you the amp by return.

Nov 6, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #1,963 of 3,962
I'm a new boy on the Xin block, but I was wondering whether the situation has got worse. He has a range of five products on offer and also people are sending amps back for repair or upgrade. Just in September he invited orders for the Reference by discounting it yet, looking at this thread, hardly anyone has been receiving anything for months. If he's waiting for parts, surely that wouldn't effect all of his models? Is he totally bogged down perfecting the reference? Have I got the wrong impression? I know about his development modes and production modes, but how long can he have a Web site up receiving orders, and hardly deliver anything? Maybe there are a lot of Xin customers who don't post an Head-Fi when they get a communication or receive their order, I don't know....

Nov 6, 2007 at 7:19 PM Post #1,965 of 3,962
I loooove.. the waiting..trust that this is not going to be a Diablo disaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back