Thinking of returning my Audeze LCD-2
Sep 11, 2011 at 12:14 AM Post #17 of 32
I have to say I scratch my head in wonderment about the comfort of these headphones, or rather supposed lack of! I have owned many headphones over the years and these are some of the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. I can only assume folks have pencil necks or are kids as I just cannot see any normal sized male finding these uncomfortable, I just don't get it. I bet the problem lay in not taking time to fit them. I wear mine slightly looser than normal and have experienced both sonic and comfort bliss.

I can listen for hours with no discomfort.

Having said that i notice the complaints seem to be more about the leather band, another reason I am glad I have the foam.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:15 AM Post #19 of 32

Quote:
I have to say I scratch my head in wonderment about the comfort of these headphones, or rather supposed lack of! I have owned many headphones over the years and these are some of the most comfortable headphones I have ever worn. I can only assume folks have pencil necks or are kids as I just cannot see any normal sized male finding these uncomfortable, I just don't get it. I bet the problem lay in not taking time to fit them. I wear mine slightly looser than normal and have experienced both sonic and comfort bliss.

I can listen for hours with no discomfort.

Having said that i notice the complaints seem to be more about the leather band, another reason I am glad I have the foam.

It’s the pressure on the sides of the head. I had to expand the band quite a bit so the pressure on the head wasn’t uncomfortable. plus, like most of these large, leather padded headphones, there’s no air circulation around the ears so they get hot and sweaty.

the top of the head was not an issue at all.

Sep 11, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #20 of 32

It’s the pressure on the sides of the head. I had to expand the band quite a bit so the pressure on the head wasn’t uncomfortable. plus, like most of these large, leather padded headphones, there’s no air circulation around the ears so they get hot and sweaty.

the top of the head was not an issue at all.

Ah, I see, have you tried moving the vertical adjustment a little. I find that removes any trace of clamping. Also you may want to try pulling apart gently the metal band as that may help. The heat thing for me is not an issue as i live in a colder climate. This summer hottest day was only 26c

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #21 of 32
i had one audeze rev.1
in my opinion the best headphone in my house but i could not bear more than an hour(my head is small like my brain
biggrin.gif
)
a real shame because the lcd-2 is great

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #22 of 32
I've decided to return the headphones and shipped it out today.  It is ashame because the LCD-2 sound is simply wonderful. I would love to keep the headphones but it gave me a headache after every listening session.  If Audeze ever come up with a design to make the LCD-2 more comfortable, I will definitely buy it again.  For now I think I will look into the Hifiman headphones.  Still debating between the HE-6 ( and mess with speaker amps) and the HE-500 which I can simply drive with my Woo Audio WA6SE.  Thanks everyone for your input.

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #23 of 32

Quote:
I've decided to return the headphones and shipped it out today.  It is ashame because the LCD-2 sound is simply wonderful. I would love to keep the headphones but it gave me a headache after every listening session.  If Audeze ever come up with a design to make the LCD-2 more comfortable, I will definitely buy it again.  For now I think I will look into the Hifiman headphones.  Still debating between the HE-6 ( and mess with speaker amps) and the HE-500 which I can simply drive with my Woo Audio WA6SE.  Thanks everyone for your input.

If you found the LCD-2s uncomfortable, I'd pass on the HE-6s. I've actually got them (HE-6s) on right now as I write this and will my largish melon, the LCD-2s are more comfortable between the two. Weight wise, they are about the same, but I get more of a clamp with the HE-6s.

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #24 of 32
Is it the comfort aspect or maybe its just the weight of the orthos that are getting to you as the weight to me is more apparent than the clamping force. If its the weight I doubt Hifiman orthos would be much better as they are all similarly heavy.

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:29 PM Post #25 of 32

Quote:

I find the LCD-2s more comfortable than both the HE500 and HE-6. You really should have tried the foam headband first...

Sep 12, 2011 at 9:47 PM Post #26 of 32
I wish I can find a Hifiman locally to try out before the purchase.  I would feel bad if I have to return another pair of headphones to Headroom. Their service and 30-days return policy is really exceptional.  Anyone know of a dealer locally in the Houston, TX area that cary Hifiman?  Thanks.

Quote:
I find the LCD-2s more comfortable than both the HE500 and HE-6. You really should have tried the foam headband first...

Quote:
Is it the comfort aspect or maybe its just the weight of the orthos that are getting to you as the weight to me is more apparent than the clamping force. If its the weight I doubt Hifiman orthos would be much better as they are all similarly heavy.

Sep 12, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #27 of 32

Quote:
I wish I can find a Hifiman locally to try out before the purchase.  I would feel bad if I have to return another pair of headphones to Headroom. Their service and 30-days return policy is really exceptional.  Anyone know of a dealer locally in the Houston, TX area that cary Hifiman?  Thanks.

Nothing in Houston, I'm afraid, or any place in Texas AFAIK.  

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #28 of 32
Have you tried the Beyer T1? I tried them and liked them far more than the HD800's. I prefer the LCD's but if I could not have the LCD's (like for your reason) then I would get the T1's in a heartbeat Much lighter as well so you will have no comfort issues.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:08 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
Heya,

Not much you can do. It's why I didn't go with the LCD2, instead, went HifiMAN HE-500. Oh so soft velour, comfort level is better than even my Denon D2000. And the sound? Oh... the sound... *swoon*

Very best,

Wise choice my friend. And I'll agree with you on the sound. Although, one day I hope to try the LCD-2.

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:53 AM Post #30 of 32

Quote:
Have you tried the Beyer T1? I tried them and liked them far more than the HD800's. I prefer the LCD's but if I could not have the LCD's (like for your reason) then I would get the T1's in a heartbeat Much lighter as well so you will have no comfort issues.

I've tried the lower DT model (600 ohm) and didn't like it.  The T1 is on my radar though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back