THIEAUDIO Prestige Coming Soon
Apr 4, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #61 of 71
I've heard good things about Helios. I'll give it a try as well.
Ended up ordering the Symphonium Audio "Meteor" which arrives tomorrow from headphones.com (2 Day FedEx free shipping). I prefer it's tuning as per FR Graph and reviews confirm it's my kind of sound with the same super extended fatigue-free treble, better lower mid bass, easier fit due to smaller housing and way easier to drive vs Helios.

Will report back after giving it a good listen.

Apr 21, 2023 at 8:09 PM Post #62 of 71
Hi everyone, cant really find a reviews/impressions for these. Has anyone perhaps been able to compare these against the sennheiser ie900? looking for an endgame iem and the senns were on the top o fmy list till i stumbled on a comparative review by passionforsound with these. Comparison was rather brief and vague tough. Still really interested because pricewise they are on the same level. of course their driver design is totally different.
Any advice would be appreciated. Have been out of the iem game for a long time
Greetings, Anouk,

Apr 23, 2023 at 12:29 PM Post #63 of 71
db post. Sorry

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 2:24 PM Post #64 of 71
my Monarch MkII Sound is great but... I find them too big for my ears and thus uncomfortable.

--> I wonder if the Prestige is smaller ?

And, with "only" 95db can the prestige low-efficiency be a problem with some DAPs ? thanks

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 10:58 AM Post #65 of 71
Hello. I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a iem headphone for a long time. I would appreciate it if you could answer me because I'm very confused. I found 3 iem headphones on the market for the price of Sennheiser ie900 = 1000 dollars, Beyerdynamic xelento remote 2 = 715 dollars, Thieaudio prestige (not ltd) = 570 dollars. Which one do you think I should buy? I know all three are loved. Prestige winks at me because of its cheap price. Do you think it is worth paying more for xelento 2 or ie900? I usually listen to new age, classical music, Jazz, groove and Rock. I don't listen to hip hop

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:38 PM Post #66 of 71
Hello. I'm new to this site. I've been looking for a iem headphone for a long time. I would appreciate it if you could answer me because I'm very confused. I found 3 iem headphones on the market for the price of Sennheiser ie900 = 1000 dollars, Beyerdynamic xelento remote 2 = 715 dollars, Thieaudio prestige (not ltd) = 570 dollars. Which one do you think I should buy? I know all three are loved. Prestige winks at me because of its cheap price. Do you think it is worth paying more for xelento 2 or ie900? I usually listen to new age, classical music, Jazz, groove and Rock. I don't listen to hip hop
Auch! These are 3 iems with very different replay. IE900 is a master v-shaped iem and has great technicalities but has some minuses like vocals are always distant, has proprietory cables and has to be used only with its stock tips; xelento 2 should also be used only with its stock tips and has very pleasant replay but this replay is quite colored (too much bass, too warm) - tuned for volcals and enjoying music and not for being reference neutrality; Xelento 2 also, like IE900, have big soundstage but a bit less resolution. If this is your first not-budget iem then Thieaudio prestige is a good choice to start - these are the set with highest fidelity and do miss nothing in the frequency response; the replay is balanced and technicalities very good. If you gonna spend the money around $1000 than get the Thieaudio Monarch 2 (just I hope you do not have small ears)

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2024 at 2:47 PM Post #67 of 71
Auch! These are 3 iems with very different replay. IE900 is a master v-shaped iem and has great technicalities but has some minuses like vocals are always distant, has proprietory cables and has to be used only with its stock tips; xelento 2 should also be used only with its stock tips and has very pleasant replay but this replay is quite colored (too much bass, too warm) - tuned for volcals and enjoying music and not for being reference neutrality; Xelento 2 also, like IE900, have big soundstage but a bit less resolution. If this is you first not-budget iem then Thieaudio prestige is a good choice to start - these are the set with highest fidelity and do miss nothing in the frequency response; the replay is balanced and technicalities very good. If you gonna spend the money around $1000 than get the Thieaudio Monarch 2 (just I hope you do not have small ears)
Thank you for your answer. You have been very helpful. First of all, unfortunately my ears are small. This could be a problem for Thieaudio. I also heard that the sound intensity is lower in Thieaudio Prestige than in average iEMs. Is this true? I have ibasso dx300 dap. If I can adjust my budget, I want to buy ie900. If I can't adjust it, I will buy thieaudio prestige. It will be a blind buy.

Apr 21, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #68 of 71
Thank you for your answer. You have been very helpful. First of all, unfortunately my ears are small. This could be a problem for Thieaudio. I also heard that the sound intensity is lower in Thieaudio Prestige than in average iEMs. Is this true? I have ibasso dx300 dap. If I can adjust my budget, I want to buy ie900. If I can't adjust it, I will buy thieaudio prestige. It will be a blind buy.
I do not get what is 'sound intensity is lower'. Sound intensity is normal - it is not a bass-head iem, nor has piercing highs; it's good for long sessions listening.

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:04 PM Post #69 of 71
I do not get what is 'sound intensity is lower'. Sound intensity is normal - it is not a bass-head iem, nor has piercing highs; it's good for long sessions listening.
What I want to say is this: Although the sound is at the highest level on the DAP device, the sound as high as expected could not be heard in the Prestige. It makes less noise than other IEMs. That's what they say.

Apr 21, 2024 at 3:50 PM Post #70 of 71
What I want to say is this: Although the sound is at the highest level on the DAP device, the sound as high as expected could not be heard in the Prestige. It makes less noise than other IEMs. That's what they say.
It is not making less noise! It's playing at lower dB since the power from the source is not good enough.
dx300 has enough power to run any of the 3 iems but if someone wants to blow his ears and get fast deft that's another discussion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back