THIEAUDIO Prestige Coming Soon
Jan 7, 2023 at 10:44 PM Post #31 of 71
These are very early impressions and I need to play them over the next few days to let the drivers open up a bit: If the Monarch MKII (arguably) improved upon the original, then my early impressions are that the Prestige was meant to take the Clairvoyance and Oracle to the next level? I can see that. They are comfortable and very easy to listen to. A different presentation than the MMKII, so it’s not a replacement for me. The immediate difference is found above the sub bass shelf and the boost in this area impacts everything into the lower mid frequencies without bloating the frequency balance. They aren’t as revealing as the MMKII, but they are very easy to listen to.

Jan 7, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #32 of 71
Admittedly, I’m only a few hours in and need more time with them. I’ve spent the last month with the Trio and Monarch MKII.

Jan 7, 2023 at 10:47 PM Post #33 of 71
I like them. Definitely a top 3 Thieaudio monitor for me. Some of you may recall that I was an early adopter of the Monarch. Had the Clair and Oracle and love my Monarch MKII a whole lot.

Jan 7, 2023 at 11:00 PM Post #34 of 71
Are they gonna be inhumanly big like the monarch mk2? Ergonomics of mmk2 were pure garbage as well. More uncomfortable than z1r.
I was just telling a friend that (for my ears) both Monarchs and the Prestige can sit in my ears all night long. The Trio, however, no thanks.

Jan 7, 2023 at 11:37 PM Post #35 of 71
These are very early impressions and I need to play them over the next few days to let the drivers open up a bit: If the Monarch MKII (arguably) improved upon the original, then my early impressions are that the Prestige was meant to take the Clairvoyance and Oracle to the next level? I can see that. They are comfortable and very easy to listen to. A different presentation than the MMKII, so it’s not a replacement for me. The immediate difference is found above the sub bass shelf and the boost in this area impacts everything into the lower mid frequencies without bloating the frequency balance. They aren’t as revealing as the MMKII, but they are very easy to listen to.
I have the same impressions after a short time with them. They aren’t as detailed as my Mest MK2’s. The bass is very well done and the cable is awesome. They fit great and I was using the included silicone tips. I will try different ones tomorrow. The cymbals are a little “splashier” than the Mests and not quite as tight and snappy. Very easy to listen to and non fatiguing.

Jan 8, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #37 of 71
Thank you for the prompt sharing. I wanted to know quite a particular detail and you touched it with "They aren’t as revealing as the MMKII, but they are very easy to listen to."

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #38 of 71
Hello @Silverlinings. I think the comparison to the MEST MKII is a fair one and I’m not sure that I like the Prestige more than the MEST MKII. The Prestige definitely requires a bit more power. Their presentation is smooth and non-fatiguing, and, for me, they sit somewhere between the MEST MKII and Monarch MKII. If you could only keep one, which would it be?

Jan 8, 2023 at 10:16 AM Post #39 of 71
Hello @Silverlinings. I think the comparison to the MEST MKII is a fair one and I’m not sure that I like the Prestige more than the MEST MKII. The Prestige definitely requires a bit more power. Their presentation is smooth and non-fatiguing, and, for me, they sit somewhere between the MEST MKII and Monarch MKII. If you could only keep one, which would it be?
I’d keep the Mest. Right now I prefer the sound of them. The Mest also has greater soundstage. I think it could be the bone conduction. However, I will continue to listen to the prestige and do some tip swapping. They will make a 2nd good set as a compliment because they have a great fit, great cable, and are an easy listen. The Mest could get fatiguing with certain tracks.

Jan 8, 2023 at 9:30 PM Post #40 of 71
Really had a good listening session for around an hour and a half and I gotta say I’m starting to like these more and more. Like I stated before they don’t have the soundstage or “surround” effect of the mests but they are so comfortable, great cable, non fatiguing, and really sound great with metal. 90% of my listening is with metal and I would highly recommend them for metal. The cymbals are a touch “splashy” as opposed to tight but they sound damn good. And like I said I only have maybe less than 2 hours on them. They’re also a very attractive shell and extremely light.
80668694-5B33-4B71-B4D4-4B320823E9B9.jpeg763770CE-877A-4943-B747-266E73955228.jpeg

Jan 9, 2023 at 5:03 PM Post #41 of 71
Really had a good listening session for around an hour and a half and I gotta say I’m starting to like these more and more. Like I stated before they don’t have the soundstage or “surround” effect of the mests but they are so comfortable, great cable, non fatiguing, and really sound great with metal. 90% of my listening is with metal and I would highly recommend them for metal. The cymbals are a touch “splashy” as opposed to tight but they sound damn good. And like I said I only have maybe less than 2 hours on them. They’re also a very attractive shell and extremely light.
80668694-5B33-4B71-B4D4-4B320823E9B9.jpeg763770CE-877A-4943-B747-266E73955228.jpeg
They’re really growing on me too. They might be my new favorite monitor for rock music. I still prefer the MMKII for female vocalist rock music, but the Prestige are so comfortable and easy to listen to and the details are rising to the surface as I continue to let the drivers cook.

Jan 11, 2023 at 6:39 AM Post #42 of 71
I need more info.
The term "splashy" needs to be described more. Is it over the top or still natural? Is the treble presence just uncommon because of the popular drop-off in the treble?
Please elaborate more.

Jan 11, 2023 at 8:44 AM Post #43 of 71
I need more info.
The term "splashy" needs to be described more. Is it over the top or still natural? Is the treble presence just uncommon because of the popular drop-off in the treble?
Please elaborate more.
I don’t find it over the top. It still sounds natural but just presented different. In other words I don’t listen to it and get annoyed by it. I had the effect Audio Gaea that had raised upper mid range and couldn’t stand it and had to take them out of my ears. This nowhere comes close to that experience. Once you hear it once you see the way it’s presented and that’s it. It doesn’t IMO take away anything from the presentation. Hope that helps lol.

Jan 14, 2023 at 2:03 PM Post #45 of 71
Quick impressions compared to the Monarch MK2:

Bass: The monarchs bass is really slow. Not so the bass of the prestige which is tight and fast and deep(er) reaching. For me a solid S-Class bass in quality.
Mids: In most reviews so far you read, that the mids are way more in the background. I don't see that so extreme. Also in the quality of the mids I see no weakness compared to the ones of the mm2.
Treble: As always easy to modify by tiprolling. But there is not much harshness. Sometimes I got the impression that the Monarchs are more sibilant/harsh. The described "splashy" treble is indeed audible but always very controlled - but: You will hear percussion, such as snares, high hats, cymbals and so on more in the foreground (but very high quality)). This sometimes irritated me a little with some few tracks. I could dampen this impression too by tiprolling.
Soundstage: The seperation isn't that obvious like with the monarchs - the latter sounded like little compartments with the different instruments in front of me. Not so with the prestige, which sound more natural/coherent but in my opinion also wider.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back