THIEAUDIO Prestige Coming Soon
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #47 of 71
Let me preface the following by saying that I’m not looking to stir controversy, but my experience with the Prestige continues to be very different than some of the recent review videos appearing on YouTube. Perhaps it’s the use of Xelastec tips, or my sources, but the Prestige (for me) has been a fun and visceral listen. More easy to listen to than it is detailed, and it makes me wonder if I got a unit variance “unicorn.”

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #48 of 71
From the beginning this really was a thunder dome, 2 monitors enter, 1 monitor leave, scenario. The Monarch MKII is my favorite of the 5 Thieaudio monitors I’ve owned. But, I always enjoy listening to well produced and mastered music with the Prestige in ear. The bass is my favorite Thieaudio implementation yet. It’s visceral, textured, and so much fun. The top end can be sharp if you’re putting them in your ears cold, or with questionably mixed and mastered material from the 1980’s rock and new wave catalog. Otherwise, they are engaging and have a fun tonality.

Jan 20, 2023 at 4:58 PM Post #49 of 71
The Prestige is not as technically capable or convincing as the Monarch MKII. And because I do not plan to keep 2 Thieaudio monitors, someone else is going to have to enjoy my Prestige pair. If they can get close to implementing this bass tuning on everything else of the MMKII, it would be the best Thieaudio monitor yet.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #50 of 71
I am actually going the opposite direction:
Selling the MMk2 while keeping the Prestige, which in my eyes seems more competent. But I see the MMk2 as more approachable for the masses with the thicker mids and the "politer" treble.
My reasons for keeping the prestige (sorry for the list):

1. I like the articulate bass which is on the dry(er) side. Tracks like: "limit to your love" just don't sound right with the MMK2. I see clear deficit in speed and decay here with the Monarchs while the Prestige "ace" this.
2. Also the soundstage seems very natural, wide and airy to me with the Prestige, while the seperation on the Monarch seemend a little artificial (but still very enjoyable).
3. With the Final Audio tips and with some burn-in (also "brain burn-in" ) the treble seems more than fine to me - there are so many tracks that gain airyness and space because of the treble extension.

Because of these points the Prestige sound like the "competent one" that stay in my collection. Also: I heard that the Prestige react well to (oh the heresy) EQ and I may experiment with the mids a little by raising them a tad.

I think that the Prestige will be the (wrongfully) unpopular siblings of the MMK2 tho.

Last edited:
Jan 26, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #51 of 71
The Prestige is not as technically capable or convincing as the Monarch MKII. And because I do not plan to keep 2 Thieaudio monitors, someone else is going to have to enjoy my Prestige pair. If they can get close to implementing this bass tuning on everything else of the MMKII, it would be the best Thieaudio monitor yet.
You still selling those?

Jan 27, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #52 of 71
You still selling those?
I did, yes. Not an easy decision, but I can’t justify having 4 $1000+ iems on hand. I will likely purchase the MKII whenever that happens.

Feb 21, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #54 of 71
Hi. Does anyone have a direct comparison with Mest MK1 and Prestige? I have the Mest but i am not sure which has a better treble extention and details. I have not got to try the Thieaudio Prestige yet.
I have the Mest v1. I still keep it since it is crazy fun. But MMk2 is better in technicalities and timber and balance. Mest v1 competes in fun and soundstage but sometimes is a bit chaotic (imaging gets strange). Extension on MMk2 is better on both ends.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #55 of 71
I have the Mest v1. I still keep it since it is crazy fun but MMk2 is better is technicalities and timber and balance. Mest v1 competes in fun and soundstage but sometimes is a bit chaotic (imaging gets strange. Extension on MMk2 is better on both ends.
I felt the MMKII is abit sterile for me, not as energetic in treble region. Have you tried the Prestige to compare with Mest?

PS. when referring to imaging on mest, you mean the instrument placement is not accurate? Or does soundstage sound off/wierd?

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #56 of 71
I felt the MMKII is abit sterile for me, not as energetic in treble region. Have you tried the Prestige to compare with Mest?
Nope! No Prestige.
Just couple of months ago made the 'Holy Trinity' - Z1R, MMk2 and Helios. And they give me all I search for.
MMk2 is not sterile - you have the best balance and timber, vocals are magical. But we all need some flavor from time to time and the other two have it.

Mar 3, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #57 of 71
Hi. Does anyone have a direct comparison with Mest MK1 and Prestige? I have the Mest but i am not sure which has a better treble extention and details. I have not got to try the Thieaudio Prestige yet.
From the reviews I've read, Prestige has more treble extension even more that Monarch MKII (Which has better treble than Mest MKI or II). Monarch MKII is however still king of Mids with 6 BA's handling that department vs 4 on Prestige according to the review I read. I'm still going to buy Prestige since already have Monarch. Sold my MEST MK1.

Mar 3, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #58 of 71
From the reviews I've read, Prestige has more treble extension even more that Monarch MKII (Which has better treble than Mest MKI or II). Monarch MKII is however still king of Mids with 6 BA's handling that department vs 4 on Prestige according to the review I read. I'm still going to buy Prestige since already have Monarch. Sold my MEST MK1.
Hope you'll be satisfied! Mest mk1 is great (I think better than mk2). Prestige has a bit mediocre bass and is zingy in the highs. If you want smth with top extension in the highs get a Helios.

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #60 of 71
ThePrestige IEM is the topic of today's article on Headfonia. It's even a new Award Winner. Article by @Aerosphere

https://www.headfonia.com/thieaudio-prestige-review/

chrome_2023-04-04_09-00-32.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back