There's Something About Ultrasone…
Mar 6, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #2,341 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for that link.
580smile.gif

there are even 2 for the HD650. mmmmh which one to choose......

Better hurry, rg, someone's gonna snap them up!
biggrin.gif

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #2,342 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by jpelg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
[size=xx-small]Are the PROline cables 3 or 4-wire?[/size]

Been wondering how the 750's might respond to balanced amping. Given the difficulty in procuring the slightly non-standard screw-on end, it seems near-impossible (atm) to create user-replaceable after-market cables for the Ultrasones. If the stock cables have four wires, my thought is it would be relatively easy to cannibalize one & attach some XLR plugs.

Anyone seen the insides of those stock cables?

James, I seem to recall there being the standard 3 wires (L, R, ground) when I cannibalized one of my coiled cables for the screw-threaded plug.

But perhaps somebody can tell us for certain from this driver photo:

20050904204133.jpg

I'm guessing that to get the best balanced performance out of the 750s, you'd need to get an aftermarket job hardwiring two cables into the respective ear-cups ala Ralph's.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:28 PM Post #2,343 of 5,942
Hmm... No image is showing up.

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:50 PM Post #2,345 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoide /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm... No image is showing up.

Grrrr, this has happened before with this particular shot. It can be found here (scroll down to 2nd image):

http://torikoya.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-14.html

I'm seein' it, but can you figure out how to get it viewable for everyone else, Zoide? Thanks!

Mar 6, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #2,346 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Grrrr, this has happened before with this particular shot. It can be found here (scroll down to 2nd image):

http://torikoya.blog11.fc2.com/blog-entry-14.html

I'm seein' it, but can you figure out how to get it viewable for everyone else, Zoide? Thanks!

Am i seeing it right, that the driver itself is built in angled? seems like it, as far as one can tell from those pictures.

Edit: but only on the second one. On the first one it seems not to be. So it might be not....

Edit: ok, after looking closely, not even on the secon one....

20050904210131.jpg

20050904204133.jpg

Mar 6, 2007 at 11:27 PM Post #2,349 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexdexter /img/forum/go_quote.gif

No problem:

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #2,350 of 5,942
OK, Binaural fans, I've finally posted a few of my own recordings. (These are raw mic-to-DAT with the Sonic Studios' DSM-6S/M microphones. Nothing has been done to them via EQ, etc. so you'll get to actually hear these great mics by themselves.) Go to the free binaural downloads post #1 - the links are at the bottom of that post.

Enjoy!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:05 AM Post #2,351 of 5,942
Mar 7, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #2,352 of 5,942
Hey, haven't looked at it for some time now, but man it is a fine list you and others put together over there. Very nice
eggosmile.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 8:40 AM Post #2,353 of 5,942
Dex,

I just got in and found out that its your BD. I hope that you've had a great one. As I am on the West Coast and its a little after 12 I imagine you are safely tucked into bed. Nice little avatar. Have to hope that the wife doesn't get jealous.
wink.gif

Have a great day after Birthday.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:07 AM Post #2,354 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is just too cool to be believed by humble little old me!
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Right there at the top. Waaayyyy!!! Thanks kramer5150 for the little push (I think that did it)!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Terry,
You are the Ultrazone Sticky King! It is a great thread. As I type I am listening to your new additions. These are some of my favorites. That girl can fly on the mountain dulcimer and a beautiful voice. This is great music for Ultrasones. I've listened the the downloads from the Milwaukee Symphony, but IMO th effect sort of gets swallowed up by the size of the symphonly. This recording technique seems particularly well suited for more intimate music. And these recordings are probably the most musical I've heard so far. Great work.

And I love the background water. Is there any place where that is available for sale as a download. I'd love to have that much water sound to throw onto a CD of iPod for going to sleep to. Some of the earlier tracks that had water sounds were wimpy in comparison, and I could have done without the barking dogs in the background.

BTW, I just did a little A/B with my Senn 580/600. While still having a lot of presence, they were no comparison to the Ultrasones (and I'm only about at 120 hrs burn in with the new 750s). This type of recording was made for Ultrasones and vice versa.

You guy are going to laugh, but a friend of mine came to me all excited today. He wants me to evaluate his new $300 Bose HP and give him advice on if he should keep them. I told him I would have another couple of options he could try (my Senn 580/600 and the 750s). If he gets too wowed by the noise cancellation effects of the Bose and I have to bring out the heavy guns, I'll play these cuts for him. I'm sure he will see the light.

Anyway thanks for the
cool.gif
great work.

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:43 AM Post #2,355 of 5,942
Quote:

Originally Posted by rhymesgalore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey, haven't looked at it for some time now, but man it is a fine list you and others put together over there. Very nice
eggosmile.gif

Keep checking, as it will continue to grow larger as I seek stuff out (or record things or get permissions from some artists to use recordings I already have) and add to it. I'll make little announcements when something big happens, since this kind of stuff suits Ultrasone headphones so well, so there are fans who want to be kept appraised of the new arrivals and such!

Nice new avatar! (Both you and Dex!)

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back