thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Mar 30, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #766 of 945
Looks like the bit haven't figured battery problem...I don't see on Amazon or Ebay..
I was informed by Andrew at Music Teck that I would have to wait "a very long time" to receive a new Opus 1S (in place of my 1S with the defective battery). I took that to mean it was being discontinued, and took a $400 credit and got the Cayin N5iiS. Not much I could do, except try to get something comparable.

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #768 of 945
I was informed by Andrew at Music Teck that I would have to wait "a very long time" to receive a new Opus 1S (in place of my 1S with the defective battery). I took that to mean it was being discontinued, and took a $400 credit and got the Cayin N5iiS. Not much I could do, except try to get something comparable.

I did the same thing, but with the R6 Pro. It's too bad - the #1S was otherwise a solid DAP for the price.

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #770 of 945
i hope dap makers will use a battery that is easier to find or to replace.. like using a battery that is used on a samsung, huawei or other phones.. these kind of batteries are readily available and can be purchased locally. i guess that would be a practical move.. esp a brand that is so good like opus.. if we purchase products we consider replacement parts as well most esp battery. i never regret buying opus#1s but i never expect that the battery will deteriorate very early than i expected.. if this kind of problem continues, people will hesitate to buy opus products instead will consider other brands.. battery is very important and i hope opus will consider to use battery similar to a specific model of any smartphone brands in their future products.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #775 of 945
Anyone seen this? It looks eerily similar to the opus #1s, shape/size wise.
http://www.cowonglobal.com/product_wide/PLENUED2/product_page_1.php

Specs are a little different, and the DAC is different. They use 2 as well. What really caught my eye is the battery life on this. Price is also quite close, about 320 USD.
There's a dedicated thread for this dap. I was tempted, but I'm keeping my 1S. Cowon sounds slow, and my 1S is quick and simple with great sound. Just the way I like it.

Apr 29, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #776 of 945
I demoed the 1s and its a very nice dap. The UI is top notch, very detailed and quick. Sound is very nice, detailed, not flat, very analog. Love it can hold two 256 gig sd cards and 128 gig internal storage.
Edit, just 32 gigs internal.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #778 of 945
Apr 29, 2019 at 2:49 PM Post #779 of 945
oh, and the #1s will work with 400gb Micro-sd cards too in my experience so you can get nearly a Terabyte on one if you really wanted to.

May 2, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #780 of 945
So considering that I got a 1S unit with a bad battery, should I contact theBIT directly, or MusicTeck for a replacement considering that I am still within the manufacturers warranty period?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back