thebit Opus#1S DAP impressions
Feb 13, 2019 at 2:22 PM Post #751 of 945
Like many Dap's I have seen on various sites ibasso products are not available in Canada. No distributor. By the time I imported one from somewhere outside Canada the price would be another 50% higher, what with currency exchange, hst (vat), processing fees and returning a faulty one is even more. Not worth it. The Sony and A&K are readily available along with Fiio but that's about it. Opus no longer is available, I guess the distributor got tired of refunding money and sending them back.

Feb 13, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #752 of 945
Like many Dap's I have seen on various sites ibasso products are not available in Canada. No distributor. By the time I imported one from somewhere outside Canada the price would be another 50% higher, what with currency exchange, hst (vat), processing fees and returning a faulty one is even more. Not worth it. The Sony and A&K are readily available along with Fiio but that's about it. Opus no longer is available, I guess the distributor got tired of refunding money and sending them back.

Interesting, maybe you can ask iBasso directly about that :)

I have no info on what is available to each region, but it should be available there as well

Feb 14, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #753 of 945
i have written two mails to ibasso and musicteck. they are aware of this problem and will no longer sell the batch with the problematic batteries. yesterday musicteck has deleted the ebay auction from opus#1s.
new ones will arrive at march according to musicteck.

very fast reply to my emails. seems like good customer support.

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #754 of 945
i have written two mails to ibasso and musicteck. they are aware of this problem and will no longer sell the batch with the problematic batteries. yesterday musicteck has deleted the ebay auction from opus#1s.
new ones will arrive at march according to musicteck.

very fast reply to my emails. seems like good customer support.

Yep, Music Teck are very responsible with their players and customers :)

Feb 15, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #755 of 945
Yes, but as I pointed to earlier who's to say their not replacing it with the same crappy battery? So I guess at least you will get another 9 months of use out of it. It would be nice to know if they are replacing it with a better, solid battery.

Did you ask? They have been pretty solid in fixing problems with them (or at least that has been my experience as I had a bad 2.5mm connection on mine originally) and I would think they are smart enough to know that if a lot of batteries is bad it should be discarded rather than just continuing to generate unhappy customers and more work for their warranty department. I know it is a concern but I think it is easily addressed by simply sending an email. You might even ask if they would install a customer supplied battery if you wanted to specify a Panasonic made cell.

Feb 15, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #756 of 945
I liked the SR15 when I got a chance to listen to one briefly and I think A&K does a good job with the interface on most of their players so it is hard to argue against them on anything other than price. I haven't gotten a chance to try the Sony yet so can't comment on that one. I do like the looks of it, but like you have heard a few mixed comments especially as regards use with high sensitivity iems.

Feb 16, 2019 at 5:40 PM Post #757 of 945
Did you ask? They have been pretty solid in fixing problems with them (or at least that has been my experience as I had a bad 2.5mm connection on mine originally) and I would think they are smart enough to know that if a lot of batteries is bad it should be discarded rather than just continuing to generate unhappy customers and more work for their warranty department. I know it is a concern but I think it is easily addressed by simply sending an email. You might even ask if they would install a customer supplied battery if you wanted to specify a Panasonic made cell.
Indeed. They said that a certain batch of these devices received bad batteries, and a chunk of those went to MusicTeck. They are using different batteries as replacements, however it is unclear if it's the same style battery, or something different.

Feb 25, 2019 at 4:50 AM Post #758 of 945
Indeed. They said that a certain batch of these devices received bad batteries, and a chunk of those went to MusicTeck. They are using different batteries as replacements, however it is unclear if it's the same style battery, or something different.

Is this anything that can be identified by serial numbers?

Feb 25, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #760 of 945
I liked the SR15 when I got a chance to listen to one briefly and I think A&K does a good job with the interface on most of their players so it is hard to argue against them on anything other than price. I haven't gotten a chance to try the Sony yet so can't comment on that one. I do like the looks of it, but like you have heard a few mixed comments especially as regards use with high sensitivity iems.
I just got the Sony NW-ZX300 the other day. I ordered an adapter for balanced and it arrived the next day. The reports about hiss are not true. There is no hiss or any other background noise for that matter. The sound quality is remarkable. Same ciem's used on both players. The difference in sound is immediately noticeable. Mind you it cost $200 Cdn more but on first impressions well worth it. The battery seems to last forever before charging.

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #762 of 945
Does anyone here has the picture of the player's battery? What does it look like. I have an opus1s but have just discovered that the back is bulging, and the back cover ajarred and i guess it needs a replacement asap. I emailed thebit regarding this but i have not received a response yet. I think replacing it is not that difficult.

Mar 2, 2019 at 12:16 AM Post #763 of 945
Does anyone here has the picture of the player's battery? What does it look like. I have an opus1s but have just discovered that the back is bulging, and the back cover ajarred and i guess it needs a replacement asap. I emailed thebit regarding this but i have not received a response yet. I think replacing it is not that difficult.
They will respond. Just give them a bit - no pun intended. I believe you need a special tool, or something similar to open the device without causing damage. Plus you may have a hard time finding an appropriate battery. It would be much less painless to send it to them for a new battery.

Mar 29, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #764 of 945
I have no choice but to send the unit to Korea. Its hard when u cant buy the battery only and it can be replaced very easily.. Our country has very strict regulations on buying battery overseas.. I hope i will not pay dues and other taxes and if that is the case i will end up like buying a brand new opus#1s again.. tsk tsk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back