thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 23, 2017 at 7:04 PM Post #3,511 of 4,190
Taghycardia embeds lyrics into mp3s and flacs (no wav support). I am certain musicbee downloads the lyric file based on the tag, but with the opus #1 (no data connection) I believe you need to embed the lyrics in the file. then the opus will read the lyric file off of that

That does not seem worth the trouble.... too many albums

Dec 23, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #3,512 of 4,190
That does not seem worth the trouble.... too many albums

I have limited experience with the software, but I think once you point it to the folder where your files are it downloads and embeds all the files in the root folder simultaneously. I don't remember it being a very laborious task. I was curious about lyric files while trying out musicbee a year ago. never tried on an opus to see if it worked, but did read the lyric file in a tag editor

Dec 23, 2017 at 11:03 PM Post #3,513 of 4,190
I have limited experience with the software, but I think once you point it to the folder where your files are it downloads and embeds all the files in the root folder simultaneously. I don't remember it being a very laborious task. I was curious about lyric files while trying out musicbee a year ago. never tried on an opus to see if it worked, but did read the lyric file in a tag editor

Still working on the lyric problem I mentioned earlier. Going to try the matching .lrc file and see if that works. I'll let you know.

In the meantime, as I continue to put my new toy through its paces, I've noticed two other apparent glitches - one of which is well known around here, I realize. The first oddity is the balance adjustment found in the Sound settings menu. Am I losing my mind even more profoundly than I thought I was, or does the balance knob of the OPUS1 adjust the opposite way we have come to expect a balance knob to do its thing. On my OPUS anyway, I "turn" the knob toward the right channel and the left channel increases in prominence. Turn to the left, balance veers to the right. That is the exact opposite of the way we would expect it to work, right? But don't misunderstand my mentioning this; I regard this as a burp that is amusing, not a fault that is bothersome. I just think it's funny that this feature got all the way through QC without anyone noticing it. (On the other hand, I guess this could, in fact, just be a peccadillo of my machine and my machine only. But then that would be REALLY weird.)

The other glitch I alluded to above is the oft-mentioned "10 second" problem. It's popping up a lot for me because I access music almost exclusively through the File menu and I like listening to one song and then immediately following it up with a track from an entirely different artist/album. Sort of an improvised playlist on the run, I guess. Anyway, when I do this sort of maneuver, the music player inevitably crashes. With Gapless on, it has one error message...with Gapless off, it has another. But the effect is the same: said music player lays down on the job. As crashes go, it's a very modest one, admittedly. The player presents me with the error message of its choice, returns to the track that just finished playing, and then plays just fine as soon as I repeat the same selection process one more time.

I haven't seen mention of any workaround that takes less time and trouble that just going through the restart procedure described above, but if anybody out there has figured a way to effectively deal with this issue, please do fill me in.

Someone wrote earlier in this thread that the thebit folks have addressed this problem with firmware fixes for other players but not OPUS1. Is that true? We haven't seen a fir ware update of OPUS1 since 2.0.
0.7 last summer, correct? Could that mean that they are essentially done polishing our toy's software and at this point it is what it is?

Thanks, folks, for reading this overlong post. Any feedback (err...civil feedback) is much appreciated.

Dec 24, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #3,514 of 4,190
Lots of talk here of the Cayin N5 and i5 but not much, if anything, about the N6.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on the Opus#1 and the flagship Cayin N6?

I have narrowed my search down to these two. My head is telling me to go for the Opus with its better battery and newer design but my heart is drawing me towards the N6.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dec 28, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #3,515 of 4,190
So... apparently I've semi-bricked my OPUS #1. Does anyone know of a recovery mode for it? I can play music, but I found out why I can't use it for DAC purposes and it has crashes all the time. I updated the update.pack without updating the lollipop.pack along with it, so it has the firmware update without the lollipop image. And because I have the latest firmware, it won't let me update because it says I'm up to date. WHY THE screw COULDN'T THEY ALLOW YOU TO OVERWRITE SAME VERSIONED FIRMWARE?

Sorry, I'm kind of pissed because it's past my return date and I just now noticed this when I was setting up my mother's OPUS#1 since she loved mine so much.

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #3,517 of 4,190
Being a new OPUS 1 owner (and appreciating it more each time I use it), I thought I'd take a swing at contacting someone over at theBit - or whatever they're calling themselves at the moment - to ask a question or two. The focus of my inquiry was on the well-documented "10 second" crash problem.

Much to my surprise, I received an answer very promptly. For what it's worth, I thought some of you other OPUS 1 owners might find it of interest.

The bulk of their reply to me was as follows:

Dear Customer,
We are very sorry that the new firmware( for Opus#1) update has been delayed.
We will be releasing new firmware( for Opus#1) by January of next year.
Best regards,

Audio Opus

Dec 29, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #3,518 of 4,190
Being a new OPUS 1 owner (and appreciating it more each time I use it), I thought I'd take a swing at contacting someone over at theBit - or whatever they're calling themselves at the moment - to ask a question or two. The focus of my inquiry was on the well-documented "10 second" crash problem.

Much to my surprise, I received an answer very promptly. For what it's worth, I thought some of you other OPUS 1 owners might find it of interest.

Dear Customer,
Best regards,

Audio Opus

Thanks for the good news. Let's hope the first/last seconds bug gets fixed on the next update.

Dec 29, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #3,521 of 4,190
Since it is an android based device have you tried to enter boot loader mode? If you can there should be an option to update in the recovery menu and would be a way to get the next version to load
If there is a way to do it, I'll give it a go. The only reset I'm aware of is the long power button press, but this hasn't helped. Is there another combination of key presses that will work for me?

Dec 29, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #3,523 of 4,190
For anyone after a bit of a bargain hifiheadphones.co.uk has a refurbished opus 1 on their ebay shop. £229 BIN with free delivery. Would bite but as it isn't full android and doesn't support bookmarks not much use to me!

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #3,524 of 4,190

Dear Customer,
Best regards,

Audio Opus

That would be great!! I have been not using the Opus as much lately as I do my other Daps because of that 10 second bug. If that is fixed I will feel like I have a whole new Opus!

Dec 29, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #3,525 of 4,190
For anyone after a bit of a bargain hifiheadphones.co.uk has a refurbished opus 1 on their ebay shop. £229 BIN with free delivery. Would bite but as it isn't full android and doesn't support bookmarks not much use to me!

That is a good deal from a great seller...and authorized dealer. I bought mine brand new last March from them... for around £400. I also have two headphones from them... my Meze Neo and my Sennheiser HD630vb.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back