thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 28, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #4,186 of 4,190
Hi I am getting one of these second hand so thank you for posting this link. I gather this was the last update available. Do I have to update the two updates in order or can I just do the latest one?
Congrats and still one of my favorite DAP's :beerchug:

Opy One M5-1D.JPG

Dec 29, 2023 at 8:46 AM Post #4,187 of 4,190
Ok so I have it and it turned out to be the metal one which is a bonus. However there is awful distortion in the playback and I have tried two different headphones. Please can anyone advise why this sounds so bad and if there is someting I can change? It appears to be in the left ear only. I have updated the firmware.
Update: using an optical 3.5 cable to my dac there is no noise so I gather the headphone jack is faulty,
Can I try the 2.5 socket with headphones?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #4,189 of 4,190
Ok so I have it and it turned out to be the metal one which is a bonus. However there is awful distortion in the playback and I have tried two different headphones. Please can anyone advise why this sounds so bad and if there is someting I can change? It appears to be in the left ear only. I have updated the firmware.
Update: using an optical 3.5 cable to my dac there is no noise so I gather the headphone jack is faulty,
Can I try the 2.5 socket with headphones?
Update: I have some balanced headphones in the other output (2.5 balanced out) and there is no distrtion in that playback now. So I guess I will have to use that going forward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back