thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Aug 18, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #4,156 of 4,190
Firstly I want to say the opus1 was one of my favourite Daps I have ever owned, excellent build, light, 2 X slots and sounded excellent.... but I feel that was for its time, I have had numerous daps, dongles, sources since then, and some of the cheaper more recent ones just blow it out of the water for Audio , dx160, hiby ru6 to name but a few.... tech moves on at an alarming rate and even some of the cheapest daps dongles stand up and in some ways better , hiby r3, hidisz ap80 proX, btr,5 again to name a few.... opus1 will always have fond memories for me but tech does indeed move on.
Oh absolutely, I have moved away from DAPs personally, I just feel they get outdated so quickly and for the price that majority of them are its just a no go area for me now. I mainly run Dongles for my on the go audio setup (Currently own Qudelix 5k and a Questyle M15) and run it out of my phone with streaming services. Though there is something special about holding a dedicated music player in your hand.....maybe the nostalgia is just hitting hard for me haha

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #4,157 of 4,190
Oh absolutely, I have moved away from DAPs personally, I just feel they get outdated so quickly and for the price that majority of them are its just a no go area for me now. I mainly run Dongles for my on the go audio setup (Currently own Qudelix 5k and a Questyle M15) and run it out of my phone with streaming services. Though there is something special about holding a dedicated music player in your hand.....maybe the nostalgia is just hitting hard for me haha
It's alarming how much it's all changed in 5 years...btr5 is a very good example for me , it's not the best dongle out there but you compare it to a dap from 3 to 5 years ago and wow ...

Aug 18, 2022 at 3:43 AM Post #4,159 of 4,190
It's alarming how much it's all changed in 5 years...btr5 is a very good example for me , it's not the best dongle out there but you compare it to a dap from 3 to 5 years ago and wow ...
Oh 100%, technology is one of the fastest progressing industries in the world, You buy a flagship device and its obsolete in 6 months lol

Aug 18, 2022 at 6:54 AM Post #4,160 of 4,190
Oh 100%, technology is one of the fastest progressing industries in the world, You buy a flagship device and its obsolete in 6 months lol
I have been chasing quality audio for about 45 years now and when it comes to DAPs, my Opus#1 was the first to really hit a sweet spot for me. I think it's nostalgic, I do enjoy it every day. But, yes the goal posts are always moving and there I am always chasing. It is about the music, not the equipment - ok I don't flip LPs now.

Aug 18, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #4,161 of 4,190
I have been chasing quality audio for about 45 years now and when it comes to DAPs, my Opus#1 was the first to really hit a sweet spot for me. I think it's nostalgic, I do enjoy it every day. But, yes the goal posts are always moving and there I am always chasing. It is about the music, not the equipment - ok I don't flip LPs now.
The bit Opy # 1 is still my fave overall DAP, I’ve always felt is does everything just right and is still my #1

16887844-A558-43AA-8FD9-696F4AF556B7.jpeg

Aug 18, 2022 at 9:34 AM Post #4,162 of 4,190
Yeah, "Woke up, fell out of bed, dragged a comb across my head" and now I just have to listen to one of my fave pairings today :grin: Thank you for the direction:beerchug:

Opy 1 R1 Zenith.JPG

No amp, with the Zenith's the Opy is magic to my old ears:v:

Sep 27, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #4,163 of 4,190
Was sorry to see when the bit stopped making daps..... IMO they made some of the best daps at the time of oppy1 production.
Would love to see a non-Chinese DAP with decent software.

No frills no fancy features, just best bang for buck audio performance.

I for one am happy to see audio production and competition heat up. A new dap doesn't make the old one obsolete if the older one still sounds better.

And if the new one sounds better, then that just means you'll have an upgrade path set for when the old dap bites the dust.

Sep 27, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #4,164 of 4,190
As much as I love Shanling's House Sound (MO,M1,M2 and M3s) as well as my faithful FiiO X3ii my the BIT Opus # 1 is my best sounding DAP to date :thinking: Always have to leave a little room for "You Never Know":grin:

Sol-O-py 1.JPG

Oct 30, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #4,165 of 4,190
Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to Connect Opus#1 with the PC to use it as a DAC? I am able to find the USB DAC under settings but whenever I connect it with a micro USB cable and select the mode nothing happens. I have connected the IEM in balanced out. Selected the Balanced mode. Whenever I play something in PC there is no response on the IEMs

Oct 30, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #4,166 of 4,190
Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to Connect Opus#1 with the PC to use it as a DAC? I am able to find the USB DAC under settings but whenever I connect it with a micro USB cable and select the mode nothing happens. I have connected the IEM in balanced out. Selected the Balanced mode. Whenever I play something in PC there is no response on the IEMs

Assuming you have all your PC settings right, I'd suggest trying several cables- usb dac mode never worked very well for me & even that only with the original Opus cable- 3rd party cables seemed especially prone to latency issues or something which caused the sound to start breaking up.

Oct 30, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #4,167 of 4,190
Assuming you have all your PC settings right, I'd suggest trying several cables- usb dac mode never worked very well for me & even that only with the original Opus cable- 3rd party cables seemed especially prone to latency issues or something which caused the sound to start breaking up.
That's right. I have tried with several cables. Only one cable works flawlessly. Others just chopped the sound or no response from the DAC. Thanks mate.

Nov 9, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #4,169 of 4,190
I believe the # 1 had 32GB Internal with dual slots up to 400GB combined.

Nov 10, 2022 at 2:13 AM Post #4,170 of 4,190
Hello guys , I wonder if opus#1 will run 512 gb & 1 TB micro SD ?
My library is too big for the two 128 gb I own & I need to upgrade but don't know if big cards will work or not
Opus #1 supports 1TB micro SD cards. I have it. But never tried 2 of 1TB as I only have one and it works in both slots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back