thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jun 16, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #4,143 of 4,190
I know that table!. ..
Oppy1 as you know will always have fond memories.

...and thank you for suggesting that option when you were here helping to sort what gear to sell. Already I have a little more space. Anyone who has seen our lists probably assumes this is a big house...it's not. At least the daps dont take much space.

As you know I am so far unable to part with the things that have too many fond memories.... mine or his. It is a slow process.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:50 PM Post #4,146 of 4,190
Mine didn't come with one ... never could find one and don't own it any more.
Mine didn't either. I think maybe they were only included with the first batch. I had to order on Amazon but it seems to be the official opus sleeve according to engraving on the back on the leather. I am happy I have it but I remember being annoyed at the time about having to pay for it. Probably posted about it at the time.

Jun 16, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #4,147 of 4,190
By case I meant travel case. I have the leather sleeve that it came with.

Mine didn't either. I think maybe they were only included with the first batch. I had to order on Amazon but it seems to be the official opus sleeve according to engraving on the back on the leather. I am happy I have it but I remember being annoyed at the time about having to pay for it. Probably posted about it at the time.
When I looked couldn't get one for less than £70! With delivery...no way I was paying that.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #4,149 of 4,190
Was sorry to see when the bit stopped making daps..... IMO they made some of the best daps at the time of oppy1 production.
Agreed, that is the case that came with mine Mary :wink:

Balanced Pairings.JPG

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #4,151 of 4,190
Agreed, that is the case that came with mine Mary :wink:

I had to pay £15 extra as a separate order. I had forgotten all about that. Found my old posts in here.

Jun 16, 2022 at 2:58 PM Post #4,152 of 4,190
I had to pay £15 extra as a separate order. I had forgotten all about that. Found my old posts in here.
Yeah, when I ordered mine they said they were throwing a case in so I assume it was decided after they discontinued them with the player!

Jun 17, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #4,153 of 4,190
Me too. I am currently using the Opus as a transport for the Fostex amp in the photo. Luckily the 3.5 out doubles as an optical out...and of course the Opus will also output balanced to this setup. My other favorite daps are also in the photo.

This is the coffee table to the side of the recliner sofa where I can relax when using full size headphones. I am finally sometimes able to enjoy music again after havng lost my husband @HungryPanda to covid April 2020. We shared this hobby but the music has always been more important than the gear. I blame Headfi for the length of our lists. Straight out of a dap I much prefer some of the excellent earbuds that I have. ..particularly the diy ones my husband made for me. He was constantly buying new drivers to try.

20220616_161144.jpg
Very impressive list - I have only a few of those but it must be very hard for you to decide what you're going to listen with ! I may replace my Onkyo DPX-1 one day - I did like it but was worried about battery life and sold it while the price was still fairly high. I have an AK240 and a Fiio M11 but I still pick up the Opus#1 sometimes. I also have an Xduooo X3 (somehwere). I'll have to dig it out and "Rockbox" it. Nothing to lose. I think I've read your story over on the Nighthawk pages. Pleased to hear you're once again able to enjoy your shared hobby, at least sometimes. Best wishes to you anyway.

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:07 AM Post #4,154 of 4,190
I pulled my Opus #1 out of my drawer today, still works perfectly since I bought it years ago. How are you guys finding it compared to newer DAPs on the market? I remember it being toted as a GOAT back in the day. Had it driving my UM MEST mk2 and it worked great

Aug 18, 2022 at 1:23 AM Post #4,155 of 4,190
I pulled my Opus #1 out of my drawer today, still works perfectly since I bought it years ago. How are you guys finding it compared to newer DAPs on the market? I remember it being toted as a GOAT back in the day. Had it driving my UM MEST mk2 and it worked great
Firstly I want to say the opus1 was one of my favourite Daps I have ever owned, excellent build, light, 2 X slots and sounded excellent.... but I feel that was for its time, I have had numerous daps, dongles, sources since then, and some of the cheaper more recent ones just blow it out of the water for Audio , dx160, hiby ru6 to name but a few.... tech moves on at an alarming rate and even some of the cheapest daps dongles stand up and in some ways better , hiby r3, hidisz ap80 proX, btr,5 again to name a few.... opus1 will always have fond memories for me but tech does indeed move on.

I will say though this is all from memory but I know at the time of selling mine already daps in the same price range and cheaper were imo performing better with audio which is why I sold it and tjst was at least 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back