thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Oct 15, 2020 at 12:10 AM Post #4,112 of 4,190
Oct 15, 2020 at 3:28 AM Post #4,115 of 4,190
It is and was one of my favourite daps I have ever owned.... excellent UI , 2 x slots , optical out and sounds pretty damn good .
I do feel audio has improved in general over daps dx160 and btr5 being 2 excellent sounding devices but you can't beat the package you get with the opus1 .
Wish the bit still made daps.

So the SQ is better in DX160 is it? What is the unbeatable package that you're referring to?

Oct 15, 2020 at 3:35 AM Post #4,116 of 4,190
So the SQ is better in DX160 is it? What is the unbeatable package that you're referring to?
I have the Opus 1 metal edition and its not really fair compared to the sound quality you get from the DX160. It sounds flatter, less resolving and less dynamic with a substantially smaller soundstage. And the Opus 1 metal was already better sounding than the Opus 1 standard to begin with which was a little more detailed and neutral but dryer and 2d sounding in comparison.

It was good for its time, but competition in the midrange dap space has gotten much more competitive since.

Oct 15, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #4,117 of 4,190
I bought the Opus #1 Metal Premium when it was first introduced. Just a "basic" player (no Android, no wifi, Bluetooth, etc.) - but a wonderful overall sound signature and seemed very well made. It was my main DAP until support/updates just dried up. I assume The Bit went out of business. I moved on to a HiBy R6, but still have the Opus. My concern buying used would be: can the battery easily be replaced? I bet I can still boot up the #1 and use it, though. But, the player I use daily now is the iBasso DX160 - and really like it.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:07 AM Post #4,118 of 4,190
I love my Opus#1 and still use it nearly every day at home with an amp. I think it's a little too large for portable use. My biggest complaint with the player is that it won't or I couldn't figure out how to make it play through folders. The sound is very pleasing to me.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:08 AM Post #4,119 of 4,190
Dx160 imo is far better than an opus 1 for audio in many ways ...the package I was referring too is what you get for your money as in 2 x slots, optical out, excellent smooth UI.
Other things I really liked were it's excellent sleep mode and pretty good battery for its time with its stripped down android.. it was a fantastic dap that a lot could learn from nowadays .

I would love to see , 2x slots and optical and sleep mode on most daps .

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #4,120 of 4,190
Wish the bit were reading this ... honestly they got so much right! ... around the oppy1 time was the fiio x5iii and fiio x7.
I owned the x7 (and x7ij) and I sold it and kept the oppy1 as it was far superior to me even though the fiio x7 was aluminium and changeable amp modules ..
Bring back the bit.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #4,121 of 4,190
I would love to see , 2x slots and optical and sleep mode on most daps .
2x slots are nice but hardly a requirement nowadays with 1tb microsd cards and whatnot. 400gb is plenty for me but i can see that people who love DSD512 may want more storage.

The DX160 lasts me 2-3 days in between charges with 1-5 hours of listening time per day, the sleep mode works fine.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:38 AM Post #4,122 of 4,190
Never been a big iBasso fan as I had issues with them early on in my portable journey (and very well may be a loss to me per Majo's take) but I love my Opus #1 and since I'm not much of a folder play kind of guy it may make no difference in that respect. I like J Kelly use mine with my XD-05 almost daily in my COVID home office and it's still one of my favorite DAPS however large as mentioned it just seems to draw me into my music. Of course I think's it's know by my post my fave house sound is Shanling :smirk: Don't be playa hatin' on me the Bit:grimacing::v:

Fat Stack Gold.JPG

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:46 AM Post #4,123 of 4,190
Never been a big iBasso fan as I had issues with them early on in my portable journey (and very well may be a loss to me per Majo's take) but I love my Opus #1 and since I'm not much of a folder play kind of guy it may make no difference in that respect. I like J Kelly use mine with my XD-05 almost daily in my COVID home office and it's still one of my favorite DAPS however large as mentioned it just seems to draw me into my music. Of course I think's it's know by my post my fave house sound is Shanling :smirk: Don't be playa hatin' on me the Bit:grimacing::v:

Fat Stack Gold.JPG
I've tried a number of ibasso products and it's been a good bad good bad situation.

Dx50 bad, dx90 good, dx80 bad, dx200 good, DX150 bad, dx220 good, DX160 good.

Same case with their iems and dac/amps.

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:48 AM Post #4,124 of 4,190
I love my Opus#1 and still use it nearly every day at home with an amp. I think it's a little too large for portable use. My biggest complaint with the player is that it won't or I couldn't figure out how to make it play through folders. The sound is very pleasing to me.
Well, I'm gonna have to dust mine off, charge it up and give it a listen! Been a while...

Oct 15, 2020 at 10:50 AM Post #4,125 of 4,190
Wish the bit were reading this ... honestly they got so much right! ... around the oppy1 time was the fiio x5iii and fiio x7.
I owned the x7 (and x7ij) and I sold it and kept the oppy1 as it was far superior to me even though the fiio x7 was aluminium and changeable amp modules ..
Bring back the bit.

Opus#2 & #3 are sold by iriver in Aliexpress. Could it be that iriver bought over thebit? If it's true is it to revive it or to kill it completely?

2x slots are nice but hardly a requirement nowadays with 1tb microsd cards and whatnot. 400gb is plenty for me but i can see that people who love DSD512 may want more storage.

The DX160 lasts me 2-3 days in between charges with 1-5 hours of listening time per day, the sleep mode works fine.

For me the appeal of more slots is I could utilize my available microsd rather than to buy a bigger one. And I could simply put in the one card which songs I want to listen to without replacing the other one which also contain songs that I want to listen to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back