thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Dec 14, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #3,497 of 4,190
Great. More $$$ to spend. Which one should I buy ? Opus 1S, Cayin N5ii or the HiBy R6 ?

In the same dilemma, can't decide in between Opus 1S & Cayin too.

Dec 14, 2017 at 10:32 PM Post #3,498 of 4,190
In the same dilemma, can't decide in between Opus 1S & Cayin too.

I love my Cayin N3 so much (and I do have an Opus #1) that if I were in your situation, I would seriously consider the Cayin N5ii. Cayins support is great. Actually I have not dared look at the specs and features of the N5ii because I do not want to want it :)

Dec 15, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #3,500 of 4,190
I would put my vote on Cayin N5II.

Andykong is a serious guy. I honestly did not think this would happen, but he went out of his way to contact an Engineer and they plan to implement support for Opus Lossy codec, even though Lossless is on high demand. Most listen to lossless, but Andykong told me it will happen anyways, as long as it's a feature I will use, it's almost like he values every customer.

I was told the hibyplayer will support the decoder eventually, it is on low priority but it will happen. This is something I have not seen happen to any Dap company. Even though it's a feature designed just for someone like me, and not for majority.

Dec 16, 2017 at 11:58 AM Post #3,501 of 4,190
Dec 16, 2017 at 12:07 PM Post #3,502 of 4,190
Dec 17, 2017 at 3:41 PM Post #3,503 of 4,190
a big bargain...or a big risk...

I guess he is keeping the case that would have come with it...
Sure a big risk as it do not power on...just for very experienced electrician! Anyway the dude do not ship anywhere but USA so I cannot even try my chance as a fool.

Wonder about the Opus whats the advantage to have an android based DAP if it cannot use music streaming apps like Spotify, tidal etc....

And finally, I give up about finding whats the secret for updgrad Opamp of metal version....its easier to find FBI secrets than that. Ask them )not FBI but Opus), no answer, ask lot of people....no answer.

Dec 19, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #3,504 of 4,190
Sure a big risk as it do not power on...just for very experienced electrician! Anyway the dude do not ship anywhere but USA so I cannot even try my chance as a fool.

Wonder about the Opus whats the advantage to have an android based DAP if it cannot use music streaming apps like Spotify, tidal etc....

And finally, I give up about finding whats the secret for updgrad Opamp of metal version....its easier to find FBI secrets than that. Ask them )not FBI but Opus), no answer, ask lot of people....no answer.

I seem to recall seeing some spec on the metal version but for the life of me I can't remember where.
As the holidays start and I'm not working I can do some searching and see if I can dig out the info.

The only issue I've ever had with my Opus #1 is using custom cable with Eidolic balanced plug, the plug body
is larger than the cutout at the balanced output. The grip on the plug is tenuous and sometimes
one of the channels would cut out.
My solution was to dremel the cutout to be bigger, looks like crap but sounds like heaven.

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #3,505 of 4,190
My head is spinning.

I just received my Opus#1. The current offer ($229, including the exquisite case) on Amazon proved to be irresistible, and the time seemed right to finally upgrade from my FiiO X3i.

I'm (very) slowly getting the hang of things, but one item about my Opus#1(with firmware 2.0.0.7) has me stumped so far, and I'm hoping that one of you experienced Opus users might be able to shed some much needed light.

I can't seem to get any lyrics to appear.

I'm far from an expert tagger, but I have at least been able to do the following: Take a song without lyrics that's playing normally in the Opus#1, add lyrics with MP3Tag, and then see those lyrics fine on my desktop player (MusicBee). However, when I then load the song on my Opus#1, start playing the song and then go to the lyrics screen (with two taps from the album cover), all I see is the concise but frustrating "No Lyrics" message.

What am I missing here?

Thanks in advance for any help you offer on this...

Dec 23, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #3,506 of 4,190
I can't seem to get any lyrics to appear.

I had forgotten about that. Several months ago I asked and never really received an answer. I had only experimented with a couple of songs. Later I got a tiny little Ruizu A50 player and was so surprised one day when the lyrics popped up on one of those songs. I have no idea what the Opus wants. Maybe someone knows. I guess the reason I forgot is because when I am listening to music on my dap I am not really looking at the screen. Also, it would be too much work for me to try to find lyric files for thousands of songs

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2017 at 3:46 PM Post #3,507 of 4,190
I had forgotten about that. Several months ago I asked and never really received an answer. I had only experimented with a couple of songs. Later I got a tiny little Ruizu A50 player and was so surprised on day when the lyrics popped up on one of thoses songs. I have no idea what the Opus wants. Maybe someone knows. I guess the reason I forgot is because when I am listening to music on my dap I am not really looking at the screen. Also, it would be too much work tfor me to try to find lyric files for thousands of songs

Agreed. I don't see myself utilizing the lyric feature very often, but there are a few albums I listen to that have lyrics I'd like to better understand and appreciate, and I thought my brand new DAP would help me out with that.

So far the Opus strikes me as a fantastic player and this lyric problem will hardly become a deal buster. But I just get the feeling that it might be a relatively simple thing that I'm not getting right, and it's beginning to bug me.

Too much spare time on my hands, it would appear.

Dec 23, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #3,508 of 4,190
Agreed. I don't see myself utilizing the lyric feature very often, but there are a few albums I listen to that have lyrics I'd like to better understand and appreciate, and I thought my brand new DAP would help me out with that.

So far the Opus strikes me as a fantastic player and this lyric problem will hardly become a deal buster. But I just get the feeling that it might be a relatively simple thing that I'm not getting right, and it's beginning to bug me.

Too much spare time on my hands, it would appear.

Even though I do not really need the lyric feature I would like to know how to do it because I like knowing how to do things:) Like you suggest it has to be something relatively simple. I would be happy just to do it for one song so that I know I can:)

If I do need to understand some lyrics better, I find that just reading them online is enough...or in the liner notes of my cds. I still have about 2000 physical CDs. Also some headphones, iems or buds make it easier to hear the lyrics than others do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back