thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jan 10, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #3,526 of 4,190
Jan 11, 2018 at 6:49 AM Post #3,527 of 4,190
I'll have the 1S pretty soon. Expect thorough comparisons after burn-in. :D

Jan 11, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #3,529 of 4,190
and does the Bit expect Opus #1 buyers to shell out another $400 to get a complete device? the 10 sec. bug was never addressed in the #1 and another device isn't the solution

Eh, didn't they say just a week or two ago that they'll bring out a new sw in January??

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:08 AM Post #3,531 of 4,190
Jan 11, 2018 at 2:21 PM Post #3,533 of 4,190
perhaps, but I would like it better if the last device was complete before another is brought to market.

There's always something that can be done better, so "complete" is an abstract concept. There most likely isn't a single dap on the market that doesn't have an issue. Like with most things, it's about what compromises you're willing to make.

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #3,534 of 4,190
There's always something that can be done better, so "complete" is an abstract concept. There most likely isn't a single dap on the market that doesn't have an issue. Like with most things, it's about what compromises you're willing to make.

you make compromises... I on the other hand work hard for the money I pay for items and I expect them to function properly. also, since the industry relies on an incentivized review system I have learned one thing... its to make up my own mind and leave reviews for toilet reading.

update- and if you need proof of that, go on over to the Chord Poly thread and give a read

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #3,535 of 4,190
you make compromises... I on the other hand work hard for the money I pay for items and I expect them to function properly. also, since the industry relies on an incentivized review system I have learned one thing... its to make up my own mind and leave reviews for toilet reading.

update- and if you need proof of that, go on over to the Chord Poly thread and give a read

Sorry man I just don't get you. This player has one issue that I've noticed (and a very minor one in my book since I'm able to survive without changing song in the last ten seconds) and whether you like it or not this is actually very little in today world where phones, computers, TVs yeah pretty much everything is delivered half baked and constantly fixed by fw updates. On top of this the bit has already confirmed that they'll come out with a new firmware thus month. So please stop crying and at least give them a chance to fix it as promised.

And for the record: I did purchase my Opus #1 and I also don't have money magically falling down on me but have to work for it........

Jan 11, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #3,536 of 4,190
Sorry man I just don't get you. This player has one issue that I've noticed (and a very minor one in my book since I'm able to survive without changing song in the last ten seconds) and whether you like it or not this is actually very little in today world where phones, computers, TVs yeah pretty much everything is delivered half baked and constantly fixed by fw updates. On top of this the bit has already confirmed that they'll come out with a new firmware thus month. So please stop crying and at least give them a chance to fix it as promised.

And for the record: I did purchase my Opus #1 and I also don't have money magically falling down on me but have to work for it........

relax I wasn't pointing at you, but be honest and tell me the review system on this site isn't tainted. Also, stop with the name calling for a legitimate concern from an owner of the device. The Opus #1 is a decent player, but I am personally ticked that a "1S" model is coming out before the known issues of #1 are addressed and fixed.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #3,537 of 4,190
relax I wasn't pointing at you, but be honest and tell me the review system on this site isn't tainted. Also, stop with the name calling for a legitimate concern from an owner of the device. The Opus #1 is a decent player, but I am personally ticked that a "1S" model is coming out before the known issues of #1 are addressed and fixed.

Dude, your posts look rather sour. Pete here is the least likely cheerleader of any product I know.

If you plan on bothering someone, just write tons of messages to the Bit. There's tons of other daps out there as well, whether to be praised or get worked up on. Ymmv.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #3,539 of 4,190
Peter will by no means hold back if he dislikes a product. Also, don't fool yourself into thinking you don't make compromises, as everything in life involves them. It's a part of pretty much every decision process , an inescapable part. If you're not happy with the product, uou always have the option of selling yours and moving on, or at least looking for something better and selling it when/if you do find it.

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:23 PM Post #3,540 of 4,190
and does the Bit expect Opus #1 buyers to shell out another $400 to get a complete device? the 10 sec. bug was never addressed in the #1 and another device isn't the solution

Don't know or care. The Opus#1 is tremendous in spite of its flaws. I've never known a perfect DAP, yet the Opus#1 is closer to it than most of the big-name products on the market. Your petulance has no effect on its greatness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back