thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jan 11, 2018 at 11:44 PM Post #3,541 of 4,190
Don't know or care. The Opus#1 is tremendous in spite of its flaws. I've never known a perfect DAP, yet the Opus#1 is closer to it than most of the big-name products on the market. Your petulance has no effect on its greatness.

go ahead and attempt to marginalize my opinion... it proves my point more and more. perhaps you need to take a good look at how you view things and stop acting like the only person that has an opinion that matters. I never said the Opus #1 wasn't capable, I said it is bothersome that a 1S was released before the first 1 was completed. the Bit manage to fix the bug in the #2 and 3, but left the #1 high and dry while they made a purple and blue one (with different DAC chips).

Jan 12, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #3,542 of 4,190
Jan 12, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #3,544 of 4,190
I find the #1, and the #1s to have pretty different marks in sound quality. I really think they tried to improve the #1.

I'm sorry you're frustrated, but aren't we laying it on a bit thick here..?

Your opinion matters Man.

Laying it on thick? More like swatting flies. I stated my opinion and backed it with facts and got a ton of push back. Now if you want me to stop responding, stop giving me reason to

Jan 12, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #3,546 of 4,190
The 1s is still being made with abs plastic...? I think i will hold on to my metal #1, for principle if nothing else.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2018 at 12:30 AM Post #3,547 of 4,190
The 1s is still being made with abs plastic...? I think i will hold on to my metal #1, for principle if nothing else.

Still ABS though the spec says "enhanced ABS" so maybe they improved the build a bit? (or maybe that is just "advanced BS" :p ) I think one of the pictures from a trade show also showed there will be a seperate metal version, but not sure.

Jan 16, 2018 at 8:33 PM Post #3,549 of 4,190
Still ABS though the spec says "enhanced ABS" so maybe they improved the build a bit? (or maybe that is just "advanced BS" :p ) I think one of the pictures from a trade show also showed there will be a seperate metal version, but not sure.
Lol, it very may be advanced BS! As limited as they made the metal versions, I would be surprised if they did that again. Dont get me wrong though, I honestly have no reason to hate on the opus 1. It has been great and I have had zero issues.. Except for the whole usb dac thing..

Jan 27, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #3,550 of 4,190
Say, anyone know the dB level change of each step of the eq? 0.5db, 1db, 2db?

Thanx.

Jan 27, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #3,551 of 4,190
Say, anyone know the dB level change of each step of the eq? 0.5db, 1db, 2db?

Thanx.

The math for that requires the impedance and sensitivity of the headphone.

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #3,552 of 4,190
The math for that requires the impedance and sensitivity of the headphone.

"
The decibel ( dB) is used to measure sound level, but it is also widely used in electronics, signals and communication. The dB is a logarithmic way of describing a ratio. The ratio may be power, sound pressure, voltage or intensity or several other things.
"

If you insist, but I must admit I was inexact ... yes, not sound level which is a function of power and above is pertinent, rather dBV. V is supplied. And unless the load is too low for the power supply and it slacks, not affected by the above.

"
dBV
dB(VRMS) – voltage relative to 1 volt, regardless of impedance.
"

So, anyone from theBit frequent this site and able to provide this? Or anyone already in the know, know? :wink:

I have a Terrasonde Audio Toolbox. I guess I could measure it... but, I procrastinate. lol

Jan 27, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #3,553 of 4,190
I also misread the question, thinking you asked about volume stages instead of EQ. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back