thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea
Jan 31, 2018 at 4:36 AM Post #3,556 of 4,190
Jan 31, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #3,557 of 4,190
Well that's taken a long time. Too long for me as I cannot access settings on my Opus#1. I can pull down the menu, but no response from the settings symbol. Any helpful suggestions welcome...
I assume you tried a factory reset, right?

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:40 AM Post #3,558 of 4,190
I assume you tried a factory reset, right?
I'm only aware of the long press on power button. I don't suppose there are any other keypress combinations, that would work? I don't think it can be a hardware problem as the digitiser responds everywhere else on the screen and appears to respond to a long press in the top right corner, by lighting up the top of the screen. A short press just clears the pull down menu.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #3,560 of 4,190
I'm only aware of the long press on power button. I don't suppose there are any other keypress combinations, that would work? I don't think it can be a hardware problem as the digitiser responds everywhere else on the screen and appears to respond to a long press in the top right corner, by lighting up the top of the screen. A short press just clears the pull down menu.

try a factory reset first and let us know how it goes! :)

Jan 31, 2018 at 1:20 PM Post #3,563 of 4,190
It was left charging overnight so should be fully charged.
Battery indicator shows 1% plugging into the mains shows 53%. Can't update to latest firmware unless the battery indicator shows at least 50%. Anyone any ideas?

Jan 31, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #3,564 of 4,190
It was left charging overnight so should be fully charged.
Battery indicator shows 1% plugging into the mains shows 53%. Can't update to latest firmware unless the battery indicator shows at least 50%. Anyone any ideas?

Are you using the cable that came with it? I have had problems with other cables.

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #3,566 of 4,190
while I've had the 10 second issue a few times it's not that much of an issue that I need to install this update
immediately.
I use line out and gain control a fair amount and don't want to lose those options.
Think I'll wait and see what others find before I update my firmware.
I've found the Opus to be particularly sensitive to differences in USB cables

Jan 31, 2018 at 4:48 PM Post #3,567 of 4,190
while I've had the 10 second issue a few times it's not that much of an issue that I need to install this update
immediately.
I use line out and gain control a fair amount and don't want to lose those options.
Think I'll wait and see what others find before I update my firmware.

I have an email submitted with my findings. I will post an update if I receive one, but I definitely don't have any gain control. if I remember correctly this happened once before and was corrected rather quickly

Jan 31, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #3,568 of 4,190
Lol ... and here I just updated to 2.00.07 the past weekend.

Thank for the reports. I'll wait a bit and see if there is a .09 soon.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #3,569 of 4,190
I have an email submitted with my findings. I will post an update if I receive one, but I definitely don't have any gain control. if I remember correctly this happened once before and was corrected rather quickly

It did happen once before and was corrected quickly. I have done the update and am ok for now. I tend to just use medium gain anyway and that seems to be what it is stuck in now. I will be so happy if I never see that 10 second bug ever again. It happened to me so often that I had stopped using my Opus.

Not only the Opus but also my Cayin N3 and my Hidizs AP200. Those are usb C. I had to buy aftermarket cable for them. At least the stock Opus cable works.

Jan 31, 2018 at 6:50 PM Post #3,570 of 4,190
It did happen once before and was corrected quickly. I have done the update and am ok for now. I tend to just use medium gain anyway and that seems to be what it is stuck in now. I will be so happy if I never see that 10 second bug ever again. It happened to me so often that I had stopped using my Opus.

that's where I seem to be stuck at (medium gain). I was concerned when the lineout function didn't work, although a reset ironed that out. I am hoping that my email gets some notice and engineering patches things quickly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back