THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #1,081 of 1,373
Thanks Zach and team - order changed to koa with brass. Can’t wait :)

Hope everyone enjoys them that are arriving this week! Need to see pictures of them all :relaxed:
Wait they let you put in the order already?! I'll be waiting for tomorrow... Oh man I need to decide between rose gold and steel...

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:31 PM Post #1,082 of 1,373
If you watched my review, I mention the HD800 vs. Atrium, briefly. Essentially the HD800 seems to have a consistently wider stage, but it sounds artificial to my ears, njot mention the peaks and anemic sound in general.

The Atrium indeed has a massive stage in all directions, and depending upon the track the width, is at times, breathtaking.
I'm getting a slightly wider stage via the Wells Dragon lvl 3 than I was on my @robo24 GOTL. The height( and below the stage ) is about even on both amps, but the depth is much more pronounced on the GOTL.

If you're looking for the absolute widest stage in history than an estat might be your ticket. However, like I said in my review, the combination of bass, mids, texture, musicality, imaging & tonality, in addition to the staging, I do not know of another headphone that offers that magnificent combination other than the Atrium.
I assume people here mean that the positioning and scaling of objects in the soundstage is more realistic than with the HD800 or other cans?

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:33 PM Post #1,083 of 1,373
Wait they let you put in the order already?! I'll be waiting for tomorrow... Oh man I need to decide between rose gold and steel...
Sorry for the confusion…I emailed in with the request to modify my order, but I’m assuming it’ll be put through with the other orders at some point tomorrow 😀

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:42 PM Post #1,085 of 1,373
I assume people here mean that the positioning and scaling of objects in the soundstage is more realistic than with the HD800 or other cans?
Speaking only for myself, I found the HD800 stage to sound artificial, for a lack of a better word. I'm not trying to knock the HD800. It is a legendary headphone for a reason, but the rest of the signature is not to my personal tastes.

Regarding imaging, to my ears the imaging, especially on guitars and vocals seem larger on the Atrium vs. VO/VC. Perhaps im imagining that aspect, as the mids are much larger part of the overall equation of the Atrium, more forward, more pronounced.

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #1,086 of 1,373
Looked at them about 50 times now and it is now between Brass and Stainless Steel for me with the Stainless Steel slightly ahead. I think it's gonna come down to a coin flip.
Here is zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzchoice.jpg my beautiful Delima.

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:56 PM Post #1,087 of 1,373
Puts on moderator hat for a moment...

Guys, in accordance with rule no. 1, let's all be cool. :relaxed:

Apr 6, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #1,089 of 1,373
Puts on moderator hat for a moment...

Guys, in accordance with rule no. 1, let's all be cool. :relaxed:
Thank you! Sometimes conversations are valid but would be better served in private messages so everyone can focus on the atrium at hand :).

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:11 PM Post #1,090 of 1,373
I haven't posted in so long, I have forgotten how. But I did receive my Atrium today and wanted to share a picture or two. I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet...hopefully soon! This is my 3rd ZMF Headphone and it shipped really fast...my other 2 shipped right around 11 weeks, so I wasn't expecting this to arrive until around late June. Very surprised and happy to have it now! Picture below should show the Atrium along with my VC - Olive (sorry for the bad-quality pics...I took them hastily because I want to start listening). One thing I noticed is that the Atrium is very light and extremely comfortable (mine weighs around 510 grams). My VC is also very comfortable and weighs around 560 grams. ZMF builds an extremely high-quality product, so my plan is to only purchase ZMF headphones going forward, as I use them way more than any of my other headphones. All for now...thanks!

Attachments

• DSCN1134.JPG
    DSCN1134.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • DSCN1133.JPG
    DSCN1133.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Apr 6, 2022 at 6:43 PM Post #1,091 of 1,373
I just tried the Auteur pads for the first time...holy cow, these headphones sound even better than what I thought! I don't think I will be able to go back to the Universe pads for a while. To my ears, the sound is more engaging and punchy with the Auteur pads. The timbre is also slightly better.

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:49 PM Post #1,092 of 1,373
I just tried the Auteur pads for the first time...holy cow, these headphones sound even better than what I thought! I don't think I will be able to go back to the Universe pads for a while. To my ears, the sound is more engaging and punchy with the Auteur pads. The timbre is also slightly better.
...don't forget that the stage is wider,too. :wink:

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #1,093 of 1,373
What material is your auter pads? I was going to try hybrid...

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #1,094 of 1,373
Apr 6, 2022 at 6:59 PM Post #1,095 of 1,373
...don't forget that the stage is wider,too. :wink:

Yes, the soundstage is so immersive with the Atrium. I have never experienced something like that with headphones.

What material is your auter pads? I was going to try hybrid...

I'm using the Auteur leather perforated pads. (With the new stock vented mesh)

You guys are all in for a treat with the Atrium. It's one of the most innovative headphones I've heard in the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back