THE ZMF ATRIUM!!! and other cool LTD ZMF Stuff
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #601 of 1,373
Please be more specific. What about twilight on the planet Venus?
When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars...

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #603 of 1,373
I tried listening to some of that real thrashy stuff, just to see what it was all about, man...scared me and I turned it off :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
HAHA! Try listening to death metal!
For "slower" metal, I think the Atticus is much better than the VC.
Agreed
I love Glenns guitar playing....just when he starts singing, that I lose interest....I own all of those albums, just don't listen much.
What?!?! Glenn's vocals walked all over Coversdale when they were both in Deep Purple Mk lll
I hope that the Atrium will have the same treble presence and the same forward mids of the Auteur.
Someone suggested on my Youtube channel that a more open titan mesh, or no mesh at all might make the Atrium sound much more aggresive. Zach did already mention that it will def increase the treble presence.

Someone with better eyes and DIY skills than I should give that a try and report back how that works out for metal.
Feels like I need to try me some planars to compare for metal music :dt880smile:
Maybe if we all ask nicely ZMF will make a planar!?!

Mar 29, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #604 of 1,373
Someone suggested on my Youtube channel that a more open titan mesh, or no mesh at all might make the Atrium sound much more aggresive. Zach did already mention that it will def increase the treble presence.

Someone with better eyes and DIY skills than I should give that a try and report back how that works out for metal.

That'd be great if someone would be willing to test the Atrium with the radial vented titan mesh (or with no mesh) with Metal music before the 1st of April :wink:

Mar 29, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #605 of 1,373
Oh, maybe I'll have to try Atticus. I tend to struggle a bit with VC's overly smooth top end.
I own both, and love them equally. I say go for it, the Atticus is special when driven properly.

Mar 29, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #606 of 1,373
That'd be great if someone would be willing to test the Atrium with the radial vented titan mesh (or with no mesh) with Metal music before the 1st of April :wink:
if someone will send me the Atrium with all the meshes i'll do it! :)

jokes aside, i'm going to request both meshes when I order my Atrium. Zach had stated somewhere he will include both options when ordering if you add that to your notes. I want to try all combinations myself to see which i like most. i've swapped meshes on my Auteur and it's a breeze.

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #607 of 1,373
@zach915m does the various mesh options decrease the 3Dness on the Atrium?

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #608 of 1,373
When the Moon is in the seventh house, and Jupiter aligns with Mars...
Speaking of that, the Hair soundtrack actually sounds pretty decent on the Atrium. It's a recording which suffers from the crappy AM radio effect, which the VO makes very obvious. The Atrium smooths that over more, making it a more pleasant listen.

Mar 29, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #609 of 1,373
Speaking of that, the Hair soundtrack actually sounds pretty decent on the Atrium. It's a recording which suffers from the crappy AM radio effect, which the VO makes very obvious. The Atrium smooths that over more, making it a more pleasant listen.
Yeah, its the same way on the film soundtrack of Jesus Christ Superstar. Somehow Ted Neely does a better Jesus than Ian Gillan did (!!!!)
The crap mastering and lack of dynamics are an absolute sin ( pun intended) for such an amazing rock album. I've been hoping for a tasteful remastering, but its been 49 years, and if it hasnt happened already, it most likely never will. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #611 of 1,373
Mar 29, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #614 of 1,373
Just got them. I'll do some testing tomorrow.

Mar 29, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #615 of 1,373
Note to self: after finally posting review of Atrium, write script for new gutter-trash film, VAMPIRES ON VENUS.
It better be good, you got stiff competition!

1648587826246.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back