The Zishan dsd's corner
Nov 14, 2017 at 8:01 AM Post #796 of 3,711
Managed to cram the AudioNote caps in there, any larger and it would not have fit.
Switched back to stock opamp, and put Slow Roll Off filter on.
So far the slight edge has receded and things are sounding excellent. Will have to run these caps in a bit more obviously but very good stuff.
I had been neglecting this player for a long time because of the top end, but no longer.
This is the 15v power upgrade version no extra goodies.
Thanks for the recommendation!

I'd also like the thank neog007 for the excellent first post, info preserved for all time :)

the caps should be positioned exactly as the stock caps, over the cut off holes.. underneath of the caps should be same level with the buttom of the pcb..
sorry, my english is not enough, hope images helps..

IMG_20170613_205403detail.jpg

IMG_20170712_224957detail.jpg

Nov 14, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #797 of 3,711
Hy

when can i order the new zishan muses02 ? and where ?

ebay would be a good place, taobao or aliexpress(complicated order) is hard for europe based people

Nov 14, 2017 at 6:48 PM Post #798 of 3,711
Managed to cram the AudioNote caps in there, any larger and it would not have fit.
So far the slight edge has receded and things are sounding excellent. Will have to run these caps in a bit more obviously but very good stuff.
I had been neglecting this player for a long time because of the top end, but no longer.

I'd also like the thank neog007 for the excellent first post, info preserved for all time :)
Thank you.
I'll try to add some kind of tutorial about how to make personalized EQ and even playlist for our little player . I'm open to suggestions if someone thinks I'd add some other information, links or wherever in the 1st post.

Also thanks for sharing your thoughts about the AudioNote caps. I'll definitely try them too.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2017 at 6:59 PM Post #799 of 3,711
of course, mate. get whatever you like, edit it your way, and add it to the first post. i guess playlists can be added by using a similar method.
Thank you for your time posting here about the zidhan's parametric EQ. I'll definitely add it in the 1st post I think that all of us should know how to use this great feature of our player.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 5:06 AM Post #800 of 3,711
the caps should be positioned exactly as the stock caps, over the cut off holes.. underneath of the caps should be same level with the buttom of the pcb..
sorry, my english is not enough, hope images helps..

Yes I did do that, however my caps legs bend may not have been perfect.
Either that or the A.N. caps are extra tight trying to snug them into those slots on the PCB. I know one spot is touching the board above still so I might have to swap in the extra set and/or file a tiny bit out of the holes to make them fit perfect without anything touching, as the unit does heat up slightly given the power it uses during use.
Will likely redo it perfectly this week.

Does anyone have one of those leather case for them? Any good or does it get in the way?

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #801 of 3,711

any picture of the audio note caps ?
where you buy it ?

Nov 15, 2017 at 11:55 PM Post #802 of 3,711
Hello everybody,
At last I was able to listen to Rock genre the way it should be! All the instruments are separate. Try Meze 99 Classics. Other genres sound divine. The only things which does not make it sound ideal is a little amount of reverberation. But again it could be due to exceptionally wide stage. There is no mod either in the subj or in the headphones.
In the street condition I don't hear any difference between Marshall Major ($20), DT770 и AT50X. But I can hear a much better sound with Meze.

Nov 16, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #803 of 3,711
In the street condition I don't hear any difference between Marshall Major ($20), DT770 и AT50X. But I can hear a much better sound with Meze.
Not with zishan dsd, but in street condition i hear a lot of difference between marshall major and all pair of headphones i own. This Marshall major are one of the first pair of headphone i bought. I feel that when you get the hand on superior quality gear, at the end this marshall sound not soo good. In street condition on a noisy bus i hear a lot better with B&O h6 than marshall, but the price gap and the difference in build quality is huge.

Nov 17, 2017 at 2:17 PM Post #804 of 3,711
Nov 18, 2017 at 11:01 AM Post #806 of 3,711
It's fine for portable use. That's all I use mine for.
One can turn off the TURBO mode if your firmware version allows this. PLUS mine is the crazy power upgrade version, so even better for you if you have the regular version since regular power versions won't be as crazy with the output level
Turbo Mode off and regular powered version will be the same as any other DAP I would think ( obviously better though )

I’ve had my Zishan DSD for a few months now, but wanted to point out that on an older version of its firmware, I forgot which version, it changed from non-turbo mode into Turbo on its own in the middle of a song. I listen on lower volume than avg but it was still a very scary experience

This has not happened on latest version of FW though

Nov 20, 2017 at 5:42 PM Post #807 of 3,711
Thank you.
I'll try to add some kind of tutorial about how to make personalized EQ and even playlist for our little player . I'm open to suggestions if someone thinks I'd add some other information, links or wherever in the 1st post.

Also thanks for sharing your thoughts about the AudioNote caps. I'll definitely try them too.
how many hours of Burn-in will it take to lose that metallic sound that the treble ones have? I've been using it for 130 hours and there's still no improvement, only the first two days of use the treble was perfect, not exssive or metallic, the treble ones will come back to your normal tone? How many hours will it take your ZiShan DSD to sound properly? Regards

Nov 20, 2017 at 9:27 PM Post #808 of 3,711
Do you mean you still have the original Elna blue RE-3 capacitors?
Is that what you mean= how long will it take for those to warm up in sound?
It seems to be their general signature ( a bit "metallic" ) so you may want to swap them out. Or try different opamps if you do not want to solder stuff.
I hope i understood your post.

Caps change a little bit with use, but still keep their original signature overall so will not completely change their results over time.

Nov 21, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #809 of 3,711
Do you mean you still have the original Elna blue RE-3 capacitors?
Is that what you mean= how long will it take for those to warm up in sound?
It seems to be their general signature ( a bit "metallic" ) so you may want to swap them out. Or try different opamps if you do not want to solder stuff.
I hope i understood your post.

Caps change a little bit with use, but still keep their original signature overall so will not completely change their results over time.
So in order to correct the problem with the metal sound I have to change the Elna Blue RE-3 capacitors for others? I do not know about electronics but if I have someone who could solder the new capacitors, you can pass me the indicated model of capacitors to replace the Elna Blue RE-3 that correct the problem of the metallic sound please ?, it would help me a lot if it shows me photos or even better the purchase link of the new capacitors, thanks and Regards

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #810 of 3,711
finally i could manage to replace those stock re3 caps with audio notes;

no more coldness or brightness, more neutral presentation with slightly thicker and natural notes while resolution increased..
but need to burn in at least 150-200 hours for final thoughts..

btw i'm using intersil ISL28227 as lpf which gives me most natural sound among others (opa2604, opa2107, lm49720 etc).

So in order to correct the problem with the metal sound I have to change the Elna Blue RE-3 capacitors for others? I do not know about electronics but if I have someone who could solder the new capacitors, you can pass me the indicated model of capacitors to replace the Elna Blue RE-3 that correct the problem of the metallic sound please ?, it would help me a lot if it shows me photos or even better the purchase link of the new capacitors, thanks and Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back