The Zishan dsd's corner
Nov 21, 2017 at 8:31 AM Post #812 of 3,711
So in order to correct the problem with the metal sound I have to change the Elna Blue RE-3 capacitors for others? I do not know about electronics but if I have someone who could solder the new capacitors, you can pass me the indicated model of capacitors to replace the Elna Blue RE-3 that correct the problem of the metallic sound please ?, it would help me a lot if it shows me photos or even better the purchase link of the new capacitors, thanks and Regards

sorry but you should read with care what i wrote about capacitor sounds; i didn't mention any metal/lic argument but coldness, brigntness and thicker and natural notes.. for my ears of course..

someone reported before, that "metallic" sound gone with opa2107 but we should understand that for his/her ears..

yes, i tried opa2107 and i can't confirm; there is a slight metallic sound still exist there but i believe it's all related with the zishan's circuit design.. i will try to change op275 with a warmer sounding opamp but i don't know if it is responsible for "metallic" sound or not..

since zishan's pcbs are quiet fragile, i don't recommend any hard mod by amateurs who knows soldering/desoldering but lack of experience.. i thought i have enough skill for modding pcbs (which i did lots of) but the truth is zishan is not for modding because of the poor pcb quality.. except if you're a pro with right tools..

i had bought audio note caps from here;
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/470uf-25v-audio-note-standard-electrolytic.html

regards.

Nov 21, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #813 of 3,711
sorry but you should read with care what i wrote about capacitor sounds; i didn't mention any metal/lic argument but coldness, brigntness and thicker and natural notes.. for my ears of course..

someone reported before, that "metallic" sound gone with opa2107 but we should understand that for his/her ears..

yes, i tried opa2107 and i can't confirm; there is a slight metallic sound still exist there but i believe it's all related with the zishan's circuit design.. i will try to change op275 with a warmer sounding opamp but i don't know if it is responsible for "metallic" sound or not..

since zishan's pcbs are quiet fragile, i don't recommend any hard mod by amateurs who knows soldering/desoldering but lack of experience.. i thought i have enough skill for modding pcbs (which i did lots of) but the truth is zishan is not for modding because of the poor pcb quality.. except if you're a pro with right tools..

i had bought audio note caps from here;
https://www.hificollective.co.uk/catalog/470uf-25v-audio-note-standard-electrolytic.html

regards.
I thank you very much for your answer, changing the capacitor 470uF 10V to one of 470uF 50V offsets its operation ?, the OPAmp considers that the metallic sound that my ZiShab DSD has is the product of my MUSES02 ?, Regards

Nov 22, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #815 of 3,711
Yesterday I received KZ ZST and ZS6. It's a complete frustration. There is no bass whatsoever when. Just a little bit of middle and rattling highs. Even Fiio X3-II did not make them any good. And Fiio X3-II is a good match with practically all types of earphones. Just a waste of money and time for waiting. Stay away if you want to use them with the subj.

Nov 25, 2017 at 6:31 AM Post #818 of 3,711
Hello everybody,
All of a sudden my Zishan DSD started to play songs with the distorted sound. I've replaced headphones, a microSD card and even OPA. Nothing helped. What else shall I try?
sounds like some component are faulty, permanently damaged and needs to be replaced. If I were you I would contact the seller to send it back for repair.

edit: unless you have the skills to troubleshoot, source and replace component of course

Nov 25, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #819 of 3,711
sounds like some component are faulty
Fortunately everything is fine with the player.
That was my fault. I've changed the setting for the default equalizer and forgot about it. No wonder as I have several players which I listen to every day. I put the default settings for the equalizer and now everything is fine.
I created another problem though. I tried to change the OPA and scratched the the matrix of the screen. How can I polish it and remove the scratch?

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2017 at 8:00 PM Post #820 of 3,711
I have the first version of Zishan for almost a year now and there is this problem at low volume. When i try to turn up or down the volume at low level, there is this sizzling sound. Did anyone experienced this before?

Additional question: Have been away for some time, are there any newer firmware than 0.4G > Nvm, saw on the first post and this is the latest update

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2017 at 8:46 AM Post #821 of 3,711
i just got the Zishan DSD with knob version, it's already on the 0.4G firmware... i found a problem: some songs on some folders seem to be cut out in the beginning of the song, while on some other folders they don't exhibit the same problem. any ideas why this happened and how to correct them?

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:31 PM Post #823 of 3,711
i just got the Zishan DSD with knob version, it's already on the 0.4G firmware... i found a problem: some songs on some folders seem to be cut out in the beginning of the song, while on some other folders they don't exhibit the same problem. any ideas why this happened and how to correct them?
I dont face this problem tho. Its only when i skip a song, the first few secs of the next song will truncate. If i just leave it to play then there's no problem.

Dec 4, 2017 at 8:37 PM Post #824 of 3,711
I dont face this problem tho. Its only when i skip a song, the first few secs of the next song will truncate. If i just leave it to play then there's no problem.

The funny thing is when I'm connecting it via Coax to my Fiio e17k, that same song doesn't get cut off at the beginning

Users who are viewing this thread

Back