The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 16, 2016 at 2:25 AM Post #271 of 3,711
  Do you mean a player w optical out instead coaxial out?
Anyway it must be pretty hard to find since the x3 is right now at $79

I thought Zhisan DSD only has COAXOUT and not OPTICAL? 

But I bought my XDUOO X3 for $100 last year so if there are any better upgrade than the Zhisan which can be future proof (i.e can be used as a digital transport for lets say an external dac such as Mojo or the Oppa HA2)?

Dec 16, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #272 of 3,711
 I thought Zhisan DSD only has COAXOUT and not OPTICAL? 

But I bought my XDUOO X3 for $100 last year so if there are any better upgrade than the Zhisan which can be future proof (i.e can be used as a digital transport for lets say an external dac such as Mojo or the Oppa HA2)?

zishan is just coaxial. I thought you prefer optical over coax for digital transport.  Anyway personally I don't know any good dap around 100usd w opt/coax output and dac function, the only one I know is the zishan mini but this one have a lot in common wth the zishan dsd and if you don't like this one...maybe other members can advise you better

(And btw I've the xDuoo x3 too and it can't really be compared with the zishan that is in another league -not in price fortunately)

Dec 18, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #274 of 3,711
i am apalled by zishan's craftsmanship. After the sudden disappearance of right channen hissing problem following a dropping accident, today it just doesn't work, shut down all of a sudden. i tried to probe the reset button, my needle fell into the opening! they forget to put a reset button in there!

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:05 AM Post #275 of 3,711
i am apalled by zishan's craftsmanship. After the sudden disappearance of right channen hissing problem following a dropping accident, today it just doesn't work, shut down all of a sudden. i tried to probe the reset button, my needle fell into the opening! they forget to put a reset button in there!

send it back to Zhisan?

Crap...now I am really having second thoughs on buying this player....

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:13 AM Post #276 of 3,711
  send it back to Zhisan?

Crap...now I am really having second thoughs on buying this player....

I talked to the the maker and demand a full refund, which I believe is only fair, but they refused on the ground that 1. I bought the original Player more than 1 week ago, and 2. the upgrade is irreversible. 
Now I have to ask taobao to rule over the dispute. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #277 of 3,711
jeeze I hope the 15v upgrade avoids these issues.
Or are those? Will find out.
Sorry to hear!

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:41 AM Post #278 of 3,711
  I talked to the the maker and demand a full refund, which I believe is only fair, but they refused on the ground that 1. I bought the original Player more than 1 week ago, and 2. the upgrade is irreversible. 
Now I have to ask taobao to rule over the dispute. 

Shytz.....never heard of Taobao dispute before, cause I was lucky enough that I never had to use it.
Hope it all works out well for you mate.

Just a note, are all the Toabao pages selling the Zhisan by the same individual? From looking around Taobao, I can find at least 3 seller under the Zhisan name selling the same player, hving a hard time identifying which is the official seller. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 1:49 AM Post #279 of 3,711
  Shytz.....never heard of Taobao dispute before, cause I was lucky enough that I never had to use it.
Hope it all works out well for you mate.

Just a note, are all the Toabao pages selling the Zhisan by the same individual? From looking around Taobao, I can find at least 3 seller under the Zhisan name selling the same player, hving a hard time identifying which is the official seller. 

First time for me too over a QC problem

I found only 2 sellers and they are from the same city, Wuzhou, Guangxi Province. I don't know their relationships, but can only guess that they maybe are one family or something like that? 

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:01 AM Post #280 of 3,711
  First time for me too over a QC problem

I found only 2 sellers and they are from the same city, Wuzhou, Guangxi Province. I don't know their relationships, but can only guess that they maybe are one family or something like that? 

Guess if I were to buy, I shall buy from this 3rd seller from GuangDong.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=2013.1.20141001.1.8ppyvm&id=528200190230&scm=1007.10115.53307.100200300000000&pvid=07c1e343-ddbf-4e42-8fd1-88ba86bc2826&idnum=0

Hopefully then it would perhaps be a seller with better QC? Perhaps?

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:14 AM Post #281 of 3,711
very unlikely, they are all made by the same guy nicknamed "you ling", or ghost from Wuzhou. In all fairness, the 4 days I had with stock Zishan I encountered 0 problem and was very pleased, otherwise I wouldn't sign up for upgrade.

If you were to buy, make sure the first thing you do with it is to poke the reset button with a really long needle to make sure it is there and wouldn't lose your precious needle.

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:30 AM Post #282 of 3,711
very unlikely, they are all made by the same guy nicknamed "you ling", or ghost from Wuzhou. In all fairness, the 4 days I had with stock Zishan I encountered 0 problem and was very pleased, otherwise I wouldn't sign up for upgrade.

If you were to buy, make sure the first thing you do with it is to poke the reset button with a really long needle to make sure it is there and wouldn't lose your precious needle.

I apologize. I assumed "You ling" from Wuzhou is the maker of Zishan, it might not be the case. 
The seller from Guangdong has sold more Zishan players over the years, and only "You ling" offers an upgrade program, and it was You Ling's upgrade messed up my player. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:41 AM Post #283 of 3,711
  I apologize. I assumed "You ling" from Wuzhou is the maker of Zishan, it might not be the case. 
The seller from Guangdong has sold more Zishan players over the years, and only "You ling" offers an upgrade program, and it was You Ling's upgrade messed up my player. 

So if I buy from the Guangdong seller, fingers crossed everything will be okay.......

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #284 of 3,711
 my needle fell into the opening! they forget to put a reset button in there!

Jeeze you're full of bad luck!. Mine came with the reset button as its obvious I had to use it only once 
gs1000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back