The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 18, 2016 at 4:21 AM Post #286 of 3,711
As mentioned before i had lots of problem with mine with the hiss and wind like noise.Got it from the seller on eBay.He still doesn't really to me.I sent it back with tracking number and asked first for a replacement but he originally said I should wait few days as they don't have it in stock.
Then i asked for a refund and he stopped communicating.
I am ready to leave negative feedback but i will leave it few more days.
eBay knows about this.

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:30 AM Post #287 of 3,711
It's a shame some are having problems. Zishan is definitely worth it if you get a well made one, mine is fine. The Zishan's sound is almost like a natural progression from the Walnut, cooler in tone but more dynamic. Overall I like walnut's sound sig better but Zishan's presentation and composure better. Fyi you won't have quality issues with the D200, that thing is made impeccably, the pcb, soldering and cnc are top quality.

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #289 of 3,711
As mentioned before i had lots of problem with mine with the hiss and wind like noise.Got it from the seller on eBay.He still doesn't really to me.I sent it back with tracking number and asked first for a replacement but he originally said I should wait few days as they don't have it in stock.
Then i asked for a refund and he stopped communicating.
I am ready to leave negative feedback but i will leave it few more days.
eBay knows about this.

Don't know about eBay, but some Taobao/Aliexpress sellers are not above dishonest dealings, and ostrich tactics like this when a problem rises is not surprising to me. Really disgusted by this. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:38 AM Post #290 of 3,711
  It's a shame some are having problems. Zishan is definitely worth it if you get a well made one, mine is fine. The Zishan's sound is almost like a natural progression from the Walnut, cooler in tone but more dynamic. Overall I like walnut's sound sig better but Zishan's presentation and composure better. Fyi you won't have quality issues with the D200, that thing is made impeccably, the pcb, soldering and cnc are top quality.

D200 doesn't work as a USB DAC, right? 
Then I will pass. Having my eyes set on the new Fiio X5iii. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #291 of 3,711
D200 doesn't work as a USB DAC, right? Then I will pass. Having my eyes set on the new Fiio X5iii. 

I don't need my dap as USB DAC when there is products like this for $100 that will blow ANY dap out of the water for USB DAC: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Breeze-audio-SU1-AK4495-XMOS-U8-MUSES8820-ADUM-High-Speed-Digital-isolation-Asynchronous-USB-DAC-decoder/32733084800.html

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #292 of 3,711

I don't need my dap as USB DAC when there is products like this for $100 that will blow ANY dap out of the water for USB DAC: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Breeze-audio-SU1-AK4495-XMOS-U8-MUSES8820-ADUM-High-Speed-Digital-isolation-Asynchronous-USB-DAC-decoder/32733084800.html

Thank you for the information! 

Dec 18, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #295 of 3,711

Ghost Audio DIY turned down my refund request, and they try to blame me for intentionally drop a needle into the machine to damage it. That just changed the nature of this dispute. 
I asked a few questions to make sure, the taobao store "紫珊小屋“ from Guangdong is the original maker of Zishan player. Ghost Audio DIY from Guangxi is a re-distributor, and only they offer upgrade program. 

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #297 of 3,711
I have now completed burn-in for the (stock) Zishan (240h) and did a comparison with my other DAPs, in particular my (much liked) iHifi990.  The Zishan sound signature is still a bit on the intrusive side and I already set things to 'no turbo' and the DAC filter to 'super slow roll-off' to tame things a bit.

Still for the TK13 the difference to the iHifi990 is pronounced. The 990 has a better sound stage, wider but also more detailed. Clarity is also better, its signature is equally dynamic but without the tiring I get from the Zishan. Voices are also better presented in the 990. For my (treble sensitive) ears its no comparison at all, regardless of music genre the 990 clearly smokes the Zishan.

I will amp-roll it now, maybe I can work out a combination that improves things. That the (for me: only) big plus on the Zishan side, it can be modded.

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #298 of 3,711
Try Muses01, that's what I have in mine, I think you will like the changes. But I never found the Zishan intrusive or bright. Just a bit bombastic rather than refined. It makes an excellent introduction to hifi daps imo, I would take Zishan over DX90 or other similar daps that I started on.

I have really come to appreciate modifiable daps, the D200 is the only dap for me these days, reference in sound balance plus changeable Amp + LPF is just too much fun! And the walnut, fun sound that is still customizable.

Walnut is my gym dap.

D200 is my sit in a chair outside and contemplate dap.

That's all the daps I need.

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #299 of 3,711
I will try with the Muses when they arrive. I got a bunch of opamps here I'll check out first.

Don't get me wrong, the Zishan is not particular bright. I'd call it 'intensive', on the brink of 'intrusive'... 

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #300 of 3,711
D200 doesn't work as a USB DAC, right? 
Then I will pass. Having my eyes set on the new Fiio X5iii. 

Will this USB DAC decode DSD256? I think is all converted to PCM so no native DSD.
In the photo of the link I cannot see the volume pot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back