The Zishan dsd's corner
Dec 18, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #301 of 3,711
Will this USB DAC decode DSD256? I think is all converted to PCM so no native DSD.
In the photo of the link I cannot see the volume pot.

No dsd and no volume adjustment, it is a straight dac for connecting to an amp. Their next model up has native dsd and dac/amp combo. 

$260 for a true balanced dap with that components is really good no doubt, even without the Eq feature. I hope the zishan maker or other one could have an upgrade like that or a whole new player with true BA -better 2,5 trrs- around $200. That'd make me jump to the BA world.

Pono is $199 atm, use code: 
1974320​

http://www.frys.com/product/8535319

But that's for USA, although can use a shipping forwarder and you will have pono at your door for around $230

Dec 18, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #302 of 3,711
Cant wait to get my Zishan next week even though all the negative reviews. Mine was a Sansa Fuze 1st Gen which is still going strong after all these years and the Zishan would be my first Hifi player purchase.

Just praying it would last me for a couple of years as i still dont have the knowledge to mod the player myself.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:04 AM Post #303 of 3,711

Ghost Audio DIY turned down my refund request, and they try to blame me for intentionally drop a needle into the machine to damage it. That just changed the nature of this dispute. 
I asked a few questions to make sure, the taobao store "紫珊小屋“ from Guangdong is the original maker of Zishan player. Ghost Audio DIY from Guangxi is a re-distributor, and only they offer upgrade program. 

叫他去干他妈的。什么卖家的态度,那么差。我呸。

Try Muses01, that's what I have in mine, I think you will like the changes. But I never found the Zishan intrusive or bright. Just a bit bombastic rather than refined. It makes an excellent introduction to hifi daps imo, I would take Zishan over DX90 or other similar daps that I started on.

I have really come to appreciate modifiable daps, the D200 is the only dap for me these days, reference in sound balance plus changeable Amp + LPF is just too much fun! And the walnut, fun sound that is still customizable.

Walnut is my gym dap.

D200 is my sit in a chair outside and contemplate dap.

That's all the daps I need.

Hmm, then after I buy my 560 Zhisan perhaps I'll swap it with the Muses 01 for the LPF. Any idea which store in Taobao sells original Muses?

Dec 18, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #304 of 3,711
叫他去干他妈的。什么卖家的态度,那么差。我呸。

Hmm, then after I buy my 560 Zhisan perhaps I'll swap it with the Muses 01 for the LPF. Any idea which store in Taobao sells original Muses?
The risk of getting the fake one is too High. Better go Ebay. You can find the official resellers list on JRC website.

Dec 18, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #305 of 3,711
i am apalled by zishan's craftsmanship. After the sudden disappearance of right channen hissing problem following a dropping accident, today it just doesn't work, shut down all of a sudden. i tried to probe the reset button, my needle fell into the opening! they forget to put a reset button in there!

Sorry, I am new to HiRes terminology...    What does the "following a dropping accident" refer to ?     

Dec 18, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #306 of 3,711
I meant that after I dropped the machine on the floor, the hissing problem suddenly disappeared. It is not terminology. Apologize if I didn't put it clear.

Dec 18, 2016 at 10:39 PM Post #308 of 3,711
I must admit a stupid mistake I have made hence the wrongful accusation, what I thought was a reset opening was actually the indication light opening, that's where I lost my needle into. I just corrected this on the Taobao dispute page. 

The rest remains, machine still doesn't work, and I found that if you push your needle in the reset opening, you can still slip it into the machine, it is not sealed. 

Again, apologize for my misleading information. 

Dec 19, 2016 at 9:24 PM Post #309 of 3,711
Switched out the LPF to 2x Muses01, sound become smoother and sweeter, vocals more natural and emotional, but actually I think I prefer the harder, faster sound of Muses8920 in the LPF (for electronic music), otherwise most would prefer Muses01, very beautiful it sounds!

Fyi Muses8920 and Muses01 are completely different opamps, Muses01 is NOT a better version of Muses8920 like most people seem to think.

I think I win the award for most Muses in a dap on Head-fi though 
biggrin.gif
 (Btw the second muses is blurry from the camera not in actuality). Now which opamp to try next.

Dec 20, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #310 of 3,711
Got my Zishan today, am still trying. OOTB they dont blow me away but the UI is smooth and everything seems responsive.

Gotta listen to it more before i can comment on anything!

Dec 20, 2016 at 3:25 PM Post #313 of 3,711
man these things take time especially with Chinese sellers anyway the zishan is very unique it has a really fun and energetic sound and quite precise at the same time. I miss my zishan too -that is in the upgrade process... I hope..- well I have the walnut that is in the same sound direction... but it´s not the same you know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back