1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

    Dismiss Notice

The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread

Discussion in 'Computer Audio' started by telix, Apr 28, 2009.
First
 
Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next
 
Last
  1. Bojamijams
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Make that three in the STX -> M3 club [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm feeding through the lineout as well and I found better SQ that way tbh + that I can hook up my AD700 to the headphone out so I can use Dolby Headphone while gaming [​IMG]. I have to put the volume to 1 (yes 1!) for the AD700's lol. Even then it's sometimes too loud thus I have to change the game volume in game.




    Yeah thats what I'm doing [​IMG] Well Lineout to the Audioengine A5's then a pass-through into the M3.. and using the headphone jack for my gaming headphones.. great combo [​IMG]
     
  2. leeperry
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by G-Con /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    leeperry: Haha, perhaps I should have been clear that my card was definately not fried by my attempts. [...] going to give it another go after work today.



    you essentially need to trim them as short as possible, so the shield fits and the leads might introduce distortion and so if they're too long I think.

    anyway, all I can say is that bass is back w/ a vengeance! [​IMG]
     
  3. G-Con
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by leeperry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    anyway, all I can say is that bass is back w/ a vengeance! [​IMG]



    Bass response is really that much better on the HA's vs. NA's hmm?
     
  4. leeperry
  5. taso89
    BTW LME49720NA's are completely FREE (even the shipping) if you use a school or work e-mail address on the National website. I withheld with ordering samples until yesterday when I remembered ordering some LM4562's way back. Ordered 4 49720's for free =]
     
  6. Shahrose
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm using the STX -> M3 as well though, through the line out. It seems you're using the headphone out to feet it into the M3... with I guess some kind of a 1/4 -> RCA splitter? If so.. why not just straight line-out?



    Quote:

    Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Make that three in the STX -> M3 club [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm feeding through the lineout as well and I found better SQ that way tbh + that I can hook up my AD700 to the headphone out so I can use Dolby Headphone while gaming [​IMG]. I have to put the volume to 1 (yes 1!) for the AD700's lol. Even then it's sometimes too loud thus I have to change the game volume in game.




    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Yeah thats what I'm doing [​IMG] Well Lineout to the Audioengine A5's then a pass-through into the M3.. and using the headphone jack for my gaming headphones.. great combo [​IMG]



    I tried both extensively. With my setup (listed in my profile), the amped output (on the high gain) fed into the M^3 sounded the best. It depends on the opamps you use in the M^3.
     
  7. Bojamijams
    Where did you get a 1/4 -> RCA IC?
     
  8. ROBSCIX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Where did you get a 1/4 -> RCA IC?



    Actually, those IC's are very common in recording circles, you could always solder up a custom one.
    Is this what you mean, LINK
    I use those for insert effects on audio mixers.
     
  9. Shahrose
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Where did you get a 1/4 -> RCA IC?



    Quote:

    Originally Posted by ROBSCIX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Actually, those IC's are very common in recording circles, you could always solder up a custom one.
    Is this what you mean, LINK
    I use those for insert effects on audio mixers.




    Yes, Rob has the right ones. The ones I specifically use are the Monster iCables. They are of decent quality. Here's the link: Monster® iCable® for iPod® and iPhone™

    However, if you'd like even better RCA-to-mini cables, go to Blue Jeans' website and order from there. They cost under $50.
     
  10. leeperry
    OK, after 1 day of burn-in...the sound hasn't changed! great bass, super transparent upper spectrum and HUGE soundstage [​IMG]

    BTW, getting such a clear sound is nice and all, but distortion is simply inaudible...so I tend to listen REALLY too loud [​IMG]

    need to educate myself I guess [​IMG]
     
  11. ROBSCIX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Shahrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Yes, Rob has the right ones. The ones I specifically use are the Monster iCables. They are of decent quality. Here's the link: Monster® iCable® for iPod® and iPhone™

    However, if you'd like even better RCA-to-mini cables, go to Blue Jeans' website and order from there. They cost under $50.




    The ones you linked to are 3.5mm to dual RCA. Are you using a 1/4" to mini jack adapter on the end?

    To note, A basic cable and adaptor set is good to have around especially if you get into connecting your soudncard to various audio devices.

    I have a huge tupperware container filled with every kind of cable you can think of and a smaller tacklebox full of adpters. -Very handy when recording and using a mixer. I still run into situation where I don't have the right adapter or cable for the job.[​IMG]
     
  12. Bojamijams
    I'm just surprised that an amplified signal thats amplified again by the M3 wouldn't create some weird oscillation issues and that it wouldn't sound just.. bad... but apparently it sounds quite good .. to one person I understand, but I'm curious now to see if I'd like it too.. I just assumed that was a big no-no
     
  13. ROBSCIX
    It depends on how you look at it. Your basically driving one amplifier from another, actually that is done all the time in different ways.
    Aslong as your not overdriving the inputs of your second amplifier you should be good.
    Many might say it is frowned upon, but your gear and your ears. Enjoy.
     
  14. leeperry
    BTW, I use foobar in KS w/ foobar...opening IE6 on XP SP3 while playing a track is fine, but w/ firefox3 there's an audible audio blank ?!
    I've always found FF3 utterly slow to open up, but it's even killing foobar(which runs in high priority)..yes my HDD is defragmented [​IMG]

    this slow opening time has always been very annoying anyway, but w/ my previous USB soundcard it didn't make any glitch...time to try Safary and Chrome [​IMG]
     
  15. ROBSCIX
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Bojamijams /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I'm just surprised that an amplified signal thats amplified again by the M3 wouldn't create some weird oscillation issues and that it wouldn't sound just.. bad... but apparently it sounds quite good .. to one person I understand, but I'm curious now to see if I'd like it too.. I just assumed that was a big no-no



    Are you going to keep your system connected in this manner or are you going back to line-outs?
     
First
 
Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next
 
Last

Share This Page