The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 9, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #451 of 1,243
  Can anyone suggest some good bi-flange or tri-flange ear tip for the Pistons? Also where I can buy them from!

No answer on the ear tips question? 
frown.gif

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #452 of 1,243
My Pistons broke after 7 months. All of a sudden the right piece stopped working, but checking the cable it seems the cable broke in one spot, because if I move it, I get sound. I must say I'm disappointed.
Is there anything as good with phone mic at the same price? Another thing, the silver ones are the same quality of piston gold or they have different drivers? Or if I order another pair should I order the golden one? It seems I just missed the $19.99 sale...
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-new_version_xiaomi_piston_headphone_available_in_silver-6220.html

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:21 AM Post #453 of 1,243
  My Pistons broke after 7 months. All of a sudden the right piece stopped working, but checking the cable it seems the cable broke in one spot, because if I move it, I get sound. I must say I'm disappointed.
Is there anything as good with phone mic at the same price? Another thing, the silver ones are the same quality of piston gold or they have different drivers? Or if I order another pair should I order the golden one? It seems I just missed the $19.99 sale...
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-new_version_xiaomi_piston_headphone_available_in_silver-6220.html

The Silver ones should have the same drivers AFAIK. Strange how my pair broke in a similar length of time, and broke also because of the cable.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #454 of 1,243

No answer on the ear tips question? 
frown.gif

I would guess that the "Sennheiser" double flangs sold on Ebay would fit. I can check it this weekend.

OT: I also checked my Dynadock at it's another version compared to your but it still sounds suprinsingly good (and loud).

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #455 of 1,243
  I would guess that the "Sennheiser" double flangs sold on Ebay would fit. I can check it this weekend.

OT: I also checked my Dynadock at it's another version compared to your but it still sounds suprinsingly good (and loud).

Thanks mate! I'll look into it.

I'm still surprised by that Dynadock. I'm thinking of taking it to work so I can leave the E17 at home.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:46 AM Post #456 of 1,243
I recently received a pair of Mi In-Ear Headphones (the one with the clip) that my brother said was only ₱695 with 12% VAT ($15.56). I thought he was kidding me that these were better than the Apple Earpods that came with my iPhone. Goes to show I shouldnt doubt him considering he has a pair of LCD-3s.

Now, someone mentioned to me that although these Mi perform for the price but are somewhat fragile. What should I do to keep these Pistons in proper working order?

Again, not looking to start a flame war but I just want to tell the other 3 people receiving them as a gift on how to care for them.

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:51 AM Post #457 of 1,243

Oh dear, I must take care of my pistons then, before I sell it to get more durable IEM.  For now, I will enjoy it more

Oct 9, 2014 at 5:55 AM Post #458 of 1,243
  I recently received a pair of Mi In-Ear Headphones (the one with the clip) that my brother said was only ₱695 with 12% VAT ($15.56). I thought he was kidding me that these were better than the Apple Earpods that came with my iPhone. Goes to show I shouldnt doubt him considering he has a pair of LCD-3s.

Now, someone mentioned to me that although these Mi perform for the price but are somewhat fragile. What should I do to keep these Pistons in proper working order?

Again, not looking to start a flame war but I just want to tell the other 3 people receiving them as a gift on how to care for them.

Well, for starters, don't wind it too often with its included travel case. It stretches out the cable and might cause a short in the long run. Other than that, I don't really know how else to care for them other than the obvious things (like not stuffing them into your pocket or dropping them in your bag, etc.).

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:59 AM Post #459 of 1,243

How you store your IEM or headphone, or anything with cable is usually the main culprit of 'breaking'
Don't use the included 'cable winder', just do an over-under method to prevent tangling and store it in a small pouch or box if you want. if you have some small bag of silicon around (usually come with new bag,etc), you can put it in the pouch too.

Also do some regular cleaning and avoid using the product in extreme situation. Though, this thing is not $100 IEM, so buying another pair wouldn't hurt so much :p

Oct 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM Post #460 of 1,243
So I just got a pair from Roberts Superstore on amazon, everything looks legit and checks out as far as I can tell, burning them in for about 100 hours before I give a critical listen as of now they seem extremely boomy, I like warm tone (I have e10's) but initial impression felt like this was overkill anyways time will tell.

I have a question though, My pistons came with a silver/black color scheme just like the IF edition but well they are not the IF edition so I am a little puzzled? there is no IF badges or anything of the sort, a barcode on it states underneath "New original Gold Xiaomi" so am I the only one? I can post some pictures if need be

Oct 9, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #463 of 1,243
Oct 9, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #465 of 1,243
 yea...merimobiles look a bit shady like all the other site selling the Pistons
blink.gif
 not sure i'm interested in this Chinese headache

If you look into the "MI" official page FAQ in Facebook they state they have no authorized resellers outside their own online shops that don't offer international shipping, thats why we have to trust in the colective to find legit resellers. I think the chinese pages look way more shady, anyway, is not the ideal situation for us consumers to hunt down some company products all over the web and it is in the best interest for Xiaomi to make it available its products so there should be something else we don't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back