The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 6, 2014 at 2:56 AM Post #421 of 1,243
Kinda sad it's bundled with the Redmi; I'd like to have it with the MI3 or the new MI4.

Uhh, that's :xf_mad:
Anyways, what happened?

When I went to their website, they said that if I purchase from their Mobile app the first purchase I make will have a money back of RS. 500 and so the Pistons were costing RS.300 but then when I went on to do the billing...It showed RS.799. I am still confused whether to go for KZ earphones or Pistons.Hard choice, KZ are much cheaper but Pistons are considered bang for the Buck too! Hey if anyone has experience with both do recommend. Thanks again, oh and if you have already told me your experience with KZ don't bother to reply. Thanks FIers!

Oct 6, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #422 of 1,243
i just purchase the kz combo. Just making sure it comes with 2 iems right?

and which one is better the es or ed?

Oct 6, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #425 of 1,243
Ordered my pistons from ibuygou during their 19.99 sale. They should arrive in a few weeks. Luckily I have a few new iems to keep me entertained in the meantime :D (JVC FRD60, VSD3, Hauwai Honor, Penon IEM, Don Scorpio Bass Colour, Fidue a31s... I think that's it...heh).

Been buzy ...lol

Nice read ...your blog ..cheers

Oct 6, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #427 of 1,243
Yeah...I can't pass up on buying a decent IEM while discounted. Loving the FDR60...no idea why they don't have more fans. Can't wait to see how the Pistons compare.

You read my blog!? Yay! Thanks for the feedback
biggrin.gif

I read your blog too. Nice one!
You deserve a follow!
I'm so jealous...mai blog iz cxz.

Oct 7, 2014 at 1:29 AM Post #428 of 1,243
Did the $19.99 Sale as well... Just got them in today @ work... 

Bass Heavy which I like and I heard something on a track which I've never heard with my usual iem's.... 
blink.gif

Peace...
L3000.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #429 of 1,243
Just got mine delivered this afternoon (bought it from #Flipkart for Indian Rs 799, that is roughly US $13).

As a casual listener (and noob when it comes to describing/differentiating audio sounds) listening to Tiesto's "Make Some Noise" bass is overpowering everything, and definitely higher in quantity (kinda more boomy than punchy) than my 2 years old Soundmagic ES18. There is also a case of Unclear highs (or screechy sound) with medium volume setting using laptop as the audio source. With proper burn-in time expecting these phones to get better.

Edit: How do I add/upload an Image to a post? TIA

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #430 of 1,243
Just got mine delivered this afternoon (bought it from #Flipkart for Indian Rs 799, that is roughly US $13).

As a casual listener (and noob when it comes to describing/differentiating audio sounds) listening to Tiesto's "Make Some Noise" bass is overpowering everything, and definitely higher in quantity (kinda more boomy than punchy) than my 2 years old Soundmagic ES18. There is also a case of Unclear highs (or screechy sound) with medium volume setting using laptop as the audio source. With proper burn-in time expecting these phones to get better.

Edit: How do I add/upload an Image to a post? TIA

If you're on PC and use the Rich Text Editor (the deafult one), click on the picture icon as shown here:

As for BBCode, I have no idea since I haven't tried. If you're on mobile, explore the editor a little. I managed to upload a couple pics through mobile, but I don't really go to Head-Fi on mobile.

Oct 7, 2014 at 8:32 AM Post #431 of 1,243
If you're on PC and use the Rich Text Editor (the deafult one), click on the picture icon as shown here:

As for BBCode, I have no idea since I haven't tried. If you're on mobile, explore the editor a little. I managed to upload a couple pics through mobile, but I don't really go to Head-Fi on mobile.

Thanks for the heads up, Mate :)

I am on a Laptop and I don't get to see these options that you've mentioned :frowning2: (both in Rich text editor as well as BBCode editor, tried using Chrome and Firefox browsers but the results were same)

Oct 7, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #432 of 1,243
Whoa! Like good old wine, these phones just seems to be getting better and better sounding with each passing hour. As @Herueyes mentioned earlier, I am listening to some very new sounds which I have never thought of listened before from my audio collection. Soundtracks from Tamil feature films in particular, sounds very relaxing with brilliant detail. Looks like this one of the best bang for the buck purchase I have ever done on IEMs, already :)

Oct 7, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #433 of 1,243
Whoa! Like good old wine, these phones just seems to be getting better and better sounding with each passing hour. As @Herueyes mentioned earlier, I am listening to some very new sounds which I have never thought of listened before from my audio collection. Soundtracks from Tamil feature films in particular, sounds very relaxing with brilliant detail. Looks like this one of the best bang for the buck purchase I have ever done on IEMs, already
smily_headphones1.gif

I believe that the editor problem (Is it the problem you have? No?) persists in Chrome (at least for me) and I have to use IE for it. And if you want to upload pics then go to postimage.org and upload there and they will provide with a link to copy paste in forums. At least this is what I do because of editor problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back