The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 7, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #437 of 1,243
  I read your blog too. Nice one!
You deserve a follow!
I'm so jealous...mai blog iz cxz.

That's for the follow brah. Now that people have actually checked it out, I suppose another update is in order. Any suggestions on what you want to see covered out of these options; JVC FRD60, VSD3, Hauwai Honor, Penon IEM, Don Scorpio Bass Colour, Fidue a31s, Sony MDR-XB50, Panasonic RP-TCM125? (Ps. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do to improve the content/writing/etc., I'm all ears...eyes...yeah. Just PM.)

Too bad the Pistons will take a while to arrive, because I'm really excited to try them out. Seems I'm a bit of a sucker for some big, quality bass...

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #438 of 1,243
That's for the follow brah. Now that people have actually checked it out, I suppose another update is in order. Any suggestions on what you want to see covered out of these options; JVC FRD60, VSD3, Hauwai Honor, Penon IEM, Don Scorpio Bass Colour, Fidue a31s, Sony MDR-XB50, Panasonic RP-HJE125? (Ps. If anyone has any suggestions on what to do to improve the content/writing/etc., I'm all ears...eyes...yeah. Just PM.)

Too bad the Pistons will take a while to arrive, because I'm really excited to try them out. Seems I'm a bit of a sucker for some big, quality bass...

Sorry TBG ..OT ....HUAWEI HONOR ...like to see review on that ..cheers

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #439 of 1,243
Sorry TBG ..OT ....HUAWEI HONOR ...like to see review on that ..cheers

I bought them spur of the moment from your link earlier in the thread (figured you would like that). I'll tell you right now that the build quality and packaging impressed the Shiit out of me...how they sell these for only 12 bucks is beyond me. 
blink.gif

Oct 7, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #440 of 1,243
Hello. I have legit 2.1 Gold version over month.
I really like it, even more then my Sony MDR ZX600 for $50.
Now i have FiiO X1 and i am looking new companion for it.
Is Ostry KC06A will be much better then Piston Gold ?
Thank you.

Oct 7, 2014 at 6:16 PM Post #441 of 1,243
Hello. I have legit 2.1 Gold version over month.

I really like it, even more then my Sony MDR ZX600 for $50.

Now i have FiiO X1 and i am looking new companion for it.

Is Ostry KC06A will be much better then Piston Gold ?

Thank you.

The Ostry will be better if you like a less V-Shaped signature. Although the KC06A is slightly V-shaped there is less exageration in bass and treble area with the mids also being more forward. There is also a bit more detail in the KC06A over the Pistons. If you like that v-shaped signature, you may find the KC06A lacking bass, although to my ears, the KC06A does not lack any bass at all, and to the contrary may be slightly too V-shaped for me also. I think the Pistons are better than the KC06A in soundstage IMO.

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:57 AM Post #445 of 1,243
I reckon the piston's soundstage.  I was riding a bus one day with my pistons while listening to Outkast.  Theres this track I cant remember the name, where after the song theres silence, then some ambient sounds.  I was hearing some name calling, turned my head and thought it was somebody in the bus or outside; turns out it was just part of the track.  SURREAL!!  I dont get this with my SR80s!

Oct 8, 2014 at 4:47 PM Post #446 of 1,243
  I reckon the piston's soundstage.  I was riding a bus one day with my pistons while listening to Outkast.  Theres this track I cant remember the name, where after the song theres silence, then some ambient sounds.  I was hearing some name calling, turned my head and thought it was somebody in the bus or outside; turns out it was just part of the track.  SURREAL!!  I dont get this with my SR80s!

Listening to the whole Beatles discography with these is a joy. Very impressed. 

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #447 of 1,243
Listening to the whole Beatles discography with these is a joy. Very impressed. 

Yes exactly this! It was when I put on Help! That I realized these were something special.

Oct 8, 2014 at 6:58 PM Post #448 of 1,243
you guys amp your pistons?  when i had them, i tried them with my E11 and i thought it made them sound worse.  with my T1e's i currently use, it's the opposite, it greatly enhances the listening experience.  or am i the only one who thinks this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back