The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 2, 2014 at 10:08 AM Post #346 of 1,243
Caution: Lazada is selling the Pistons for 15$. HOW? That is what is happening with FK. Another specific model just like the Indian version? Is it so that Mi In-Ear Headphones are different from Pistons? Because at FK and Lazada the price is nearly the same.

It's just the Philippines, d00d. Also, the Pistons' retail price in China dropped to $15.

Oct 2, 2014 at 10:26 AM Post #348 of 1,243
Another thing: In Singapore you can buy the Mi In-Ear Headphones for $16. I am now thinking that the Pistons and Mi-In Ear Headphones are definitely different.Here- http://store.mi.com/sg/item/3141400002

Both are Mi earphones by name being pronounced in both SG and India.....

http://www.flipkart.com/mi-in-ear-headphone-piston-design/p/itmdyfhfy232wsc6

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #350 of 1,243
Earphones dispatched from warehouse. Hopefully it's from the latest imported batch. If it leaves Bangalore tonight, then might get it on Sat-Sun, otherwise Mon-Tue it will be here 
ph34r.gif

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:27 AM Post #351 of 1,243
Earphones dispatched from warehouse. Hopefully it's from the latest imported batch. If it leaves Bangalore tonight, then might get it on Sat-Sun, otherwise Mon-Tue it will be here :ph34r:  
Best of luck. BTW Flipkart is so damn awesome service wise, I got a pair o' headphones for my brother, one of the sides on them was not working. Reported it to them, they called up the next day and they said we are really sorry for the inconvenience cause, we will replace your faulty headphones ASAP. They even did that in a day and we didn't have to wait at all. Infact if we didn't chose the In-A Day delivery option the headphones we ordered wouldn't have even arrived let alone the fixed one. Oh and Please tell us about the new ones you got. I am looking forward to knowing more about the FK conspiracy lol

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #354 of 1,243
Best of luck. BTW Flipkart is so damn awesome service wise, I got a pair o' headphones for my brother, one of the sides on them was not working. Reported it to them, they called up the next day and they said we are really sorry for the inconvenience cause, we will replace your faulty headphones ASAP. They even did that in a day and we didn't have to wait at all. Infact if we didn't chose the In-A Day delivery option the headphones we ordered wouldn't have even arrived let alone the fixed one. Oh and Please tell us about the new ones you got. I am looking forward to knowing more about the FK conspiracy lol

Yea, Flipkart's return/replacement service is quite awesome. Last time I placed a return request (at around 10 AM), the pick up guy came within next two hours. I wasn't expecting them to come so quickly. Anyways, I had carefully packed the earphones by then, handed it over to him. He started opening it, I was like "Dude! what the heck, why are you opening the package, now it will be your responsibility if anything goes wrong/missing".
biggrin.gif
 This was the first time I had returned something, I was under the impression that it will be returned to some Flipkart warehouse, they will check it & issue the refund. But he did some minor checking there itself, took the package with him & I guess later when he returned to the facility in the evening, updated the collection in the system & Flipkart issued refund right after that.

As far as replacement goes, I guess they send the replacement first & then pick the defective item at the time of delivery. Having their own logistics service sure smooths this whole process for both parties.

Although I have Flipkart First subscription, but there's hardly anything in their Delhi/Gurgaon warehouse, most of my past orders have shipped from Banglaore/Mumbai. So in a day delivery is almost never available to me. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:50 PM Post #355 of 1,243
Yea, Flipkart's return/replacement service is quite awesome. Last time I placed a return request (at around 10 AM), the pick up guy came within next two hours. I wasn't expecting them to come so quickly. Anyways, I had carefully packed the earphones by then, handed it over to him. He started opening it, I was like "Dude! what the heck, why are you opening the package, now it will be your responsibility if anything goes wrong/missing". :D  This was the first time I had returned something, I was under the impression that it will be returned to some Flipkart warehouse, they will check it & issue the refund. But he did some minor checking there itself, took the package with him & I guess later when he returned to the facility in the evening, updated the collection in the system & Flipkart issued refund right after that.

As far as replacement goes, I guess they send the replacement first & then pick the defective item at the time of delivery. Having their own logistics service sure smooths this whole process for both parties.

Although I have Flipkart First subscription, but there's hardly anything in their Delhi/Gurgaon warehouse, most of my past orders have shipped from Banglaore/Mumbai. So in a day delivery is almost never available to me. :D  

That.........was outstanding CS :D and appreciate keeping everyone on this thread posted....nice job...

Oct 2, 2014 at 5:50 PM Post #356 of 1,243
Actually if the products sold in India are made for India only and the volumes ordered are big it makes perfect sense putting English on the label instead of Chinese.

I see your point. It actually does make sense to mass produce different packaging to make a foot hold on a different part of the world. 

Oct 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM Post #357 of 1,243
I want to thank PenonAudio for making this purchase a smooth one. I'm glad I didn't have to stress about receiving a fraudulent set. Received my order in 13 days but it went by quickly. An extra set of tips came outside the boxed Xiaomis and I'm not sure if PenonAudio included these as a sort of gift. I've yet to try them out but they look similar to the ones included with the Xiaomis. No real difference in their architecture. 

I can't express how great these Pistons sound. I'm not a hed-fi'er by any means, but man these are simply amazing. I can't wait until I finish burning them in. The amount of detail and refinement is almost exhilarating. I was surprised by the bass at first, but I toned it down via the equalizer and it was fine.  The metal clip and braided cord are a really nice addon. 

Also, the controls work on my Galaxy s3 which is just icing on the cake. 

The design, comfortability, everything. They are amazing. I'm seriously considering ordering 2 more sets: another one for me and one to give out. 

Oct 3, 2014 at 2:53 AM Post #360 of 1,243
I was using my Pistons that I've had for about a month and a half and the right earphone goes out unexpectedly. I try and play with the jack and need to press in in order to get sound... after some fiddling around, getting sound intermittently, it seems to have totally gone out now. This has happened with countless KSC75s that I've been using for jogging the past few years. It sucks that my Pistons developed the same issue this fast... I was really enjoying them, much more so than my 2-year old Turbine Coppers which I'm gonna have to go back to. Is there an easy fix for this, or is my only option to buy another pair...? If I do get another pair, it's at least encouraging to see that there's actually some sort of warranty you can get with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back