The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM Post #332 of 1,243
Guys this is how my editor looks:

What's wrong? Why can't I put in the emojis?
And as for Pistons...Something is fishy lol. If you see thispage here it states per unit value as RS.432 whereas the cost of the Pistons in China is 16$=RS.960 and let's just subtract a 5$ as their profit. 11$ should be the Manufacturing cost? or well take it as 8$ for the manufacturing cost. Still then the price is RS.480 . Got my point? I took it all down to 8$ for manufacturing and that too for beryllium and aluminium housings,that box might cost a little too.

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #333 of 1,243
Guys this is how my editor looks:

What's wrong? Why can't I put in the emojis?
And as for Pistons...Something is fishy lol. If you see thispage here it states per unit value as RS.432 whereas the cost of the Pistons in China is 16$=RS.960 and let's just subtract a 5$ as their profit. 11$ should be the Manufacturing cost? or well take it as 8$ for the manufacturing cost. Still then the price is RS.480 . Got my point? I took it all down to 8$ for manufacturing and that too for beryllium and aluminium housings,that box might cost a little too.

I think you need to set your forum preferences up.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #334 of 1,243

I think you need to set your forum preferences up.

Either that, or the Rich Text editor didn't load (the RTF editor is set by default). That happened to me for a long time. In this case, you might want to change the editor to the faster BBCode editor in the preferences, as @DJScope stated.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #335 of 1,243
Actually if the products sold in India are made for India only and the volumes ordered are big it makes perfect sense putting English on the label instead of Chinese.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #337 of 1,243
I pressed the contact us button and is took me straight to the email. I think it did automatically put the Singapore one in because of locality.

Have a loom here http://www.mi.com/en/contact

Yeah thats because SG is main contact hub to respond in english for SE Asia.....may be AsiaPAC rim even.....

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM Post #338 of 1,243
All I'm saying is that if one buyer in India order a large quantity from Xiamo and for some reason gets/ask for another package than what's sold in China it makes perfect sense not to label them with a Chinese sticker since certainly very few people in India would understand what it says on it.

All other units sold/produced could have been made for the Chinese market primarily. Just a thought....

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #339 of 1,243
All I'm saying is that if one buyer in India order a large quantity from Xiamo and for some reason gets/ask for another package than what's sold in China it makes perfect sense not to label them with a Chinese sticker since certainly very few people in India would understand what it says on it.

All other units sold/produced could have been made for the Chinese market primarily. Just a thought....

What about Lazada in the Philippines? I haven't bought a pair for myself yet, but then does that mean taht's also in English, too? I remember a couple other Head-Fi'ers buying from Lazada; I don't know who...

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #340 of 1,243

Got it, thanks for the short and sweet description.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #341 of 1,243
Got it, thanks for the short and sweet description.

You're more than welcome :)

This might not be the case but it's certainly a possibility.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:44 AM Post #342 of 1,243
Caution: Lazada is selling the Pistons for 15$. HOW? That is what is happening with FK. Another specific model just like the Indian version? Is it so that Mi In-Ear Headphones are different from Pistons? Because at FK and Lazada the price is nearly the same.

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #343 of 1,243
Definitely not Fake  Pheww!!  and Most likely a different production system followed by xiaomi themselves . 20000 pieces  looks alot and you have to make it english , new box pack, cheaper price .

Rs 425 is because at customs prices are generally undervalued .  Minus the profit and Xiaomi Pricing for india is already that low. 

Now its official price is Rs750. Waaah!!  13 $ .

Flipkart page

Mind you persuading Customer to buy a 750Rs headset is a big risk on its own!!

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #344 of 1,243
What about Lazada in the Philippines? I haven't bought a pair for myself yet, but then does that mean taht's also in English, too? I remember a couple other Head-Fi'ers buying from Lazada; I don't know who...

he says quantity(huge) based.....again his guessing.....

Oct 2, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #345 of 1,243
Another thing: In Singapore you can buy the Mi In-Ear Headphones for $16. I am now thinking that the Pistons and Mi-In Ear Headphones are definitely different.Here- http://store.mi.com/sg/item/3141400002

Users who are viewing this thread

Back