The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 2, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #316 of 1,243
This is the mail I composed, hoping to get a quick reply, however be aware guys I am not sure how good the service over here in India might be, so it might just be they say yes to it as for publicity or to get it done/for the sake of getting rid of it. I would again like to BOTHER @Djscope to provide the link you mailed to. You did say you mailed to the International one, is the service.sg@xiaomi.com that one? Anyways hope my mail can be a bit of help here.

EDIT- TBG today I just checked lazada for fun and it turns out I could not find the Pistons anywhere on the site. If you could link it to the model directly it would be convenient for many.

I pressed the contact us button and is took me straight to the email. I think it did automatically put the Singapore one in because of locality.

Have a loom here http://www.mi.com/en/contact

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:21 AM Post #317 of 1,243
I pressed the contact us button and is took me straight to the email. I think it did automatically put the Singapore one in because of locality.

DAMN IT. The contact page only shows 3 mails and someone gave me a mail to Indian contact. *CLAP CLAP CLAP* Gonna compose again.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #318 of 1,243

DAMN IT. The contact page only shows 3 mails and someone gave me a mail to Indian contact. *CLAP CLAP CLAP* Gonna compose again.

Lol. They probably all get redirected to one of the three.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #320 of 1,243
This is the mail I composed, hoping to get a quick reply, however be aware guys I am not sure how good the service over here in India might be, so it might just be they say yes to it as for publicity or to get it done/for the sake of getting rid of it. I would again like to BOTHER @Djscope to provide the link you mailed to. You did say you mailed to the International one, is the service.sg@xiaomi.com that one? Anyways hope my mail can be a bit of help here.

You know what, when I first ordered the Pistons (almost a month back) & contacted Xiaomi (India) support the next day to confirm the model, they told me that Xiaomi has not launched the earphones in India yet. When I told them that I ordered it last night from Flipkart, the support agent said they have no information of such sale & he even went on to tell me that they will not be covering those earphones under official warranty. 
biggrin.gif
 So, not sure how accurate was the support response that time. Hopefully they will have more (accurate) information by now.

By the way, going by checklist in the OP, the model that I received was indeed 2.1, had L/R marking, clip, S/M/L eartip labels inside the box.

Following screenshot is from the chat I had on 2nd Sep. Received a similar response via email & phone support back then.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #321 of 1,243
You know what, when I first ordered the Pistons (almost a month back) & contacted Xiaomi (India) support the next day to confirm the model, they told me that Xiaomi has not launched the earphones in India yet. When I told them that I ordered it last night from Flipkart, the support agent said they have no information of such sale & he even went on to tell me that they will not be covering those earphones under official warranty. 
biggrin.gif
 So, not sure how accurate was the support response that time. Hopefully they will have more (accurate) information by now.

By the way, going by checklist in the OP, the model that I received was indeed 2.1, had L/R marking, clip, S/M/L eartip labels inside the box.

Following screenshot is from the chat I had on 2nd Sep. Received a similar response via email & phone support back then.

WOW. Man this FK thingy is getting complicated.

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #323 of 1,243
  Flipkart Piston owners can rejoice! I have official confirmation from Xiaomi that the Flipkart version is in fact manufactured by Xiaomi themselves.

See email trail:

Thanks For your Enquiry . This clears up a lot about how they sound so nice and yet they looked not like chinese variant!!

Wierd.  service.in@xiaomi.com ( for india)   have not responded to my email. What magic did you do to the customer care there!!

Thanks

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #325 of 1,243

This is the mail I composed, hoping to get a quick reply, however be aware guys I am not sure how good the service over here in India might be, so it might just be they say yes to it as for publicity or to get it done/for the sake of getting rid of it. I would again like to BOTHER @Djscope to provide the link you mailed to. You did say you mailed to the International one, is the service.sg@xiaomi.com that one? Anyways hope my mail can be a bit of help here.

EDIT- TBG today I just checked lazada for fun and it turns out I could not find the Pistons anywhere on the site. If you could link it to the model directly it would be convenient for many.

Dude, I'm already working on that. Didn't I already say that earlier?

Right now, I'm working on changing the redirects to send you directly to the Pistons' product page in their espective websites. Again, the URL is just there for comspetic purposes; I will update this in the OP in a few minutes' time.

The list should be updated now; try to see if it works. Also please take note that I did explicitly state in the OP that Lazada sells the Pistons under the name "MI In-Ear Headphones."

Quote:
Very interesting. Sounds like we've got a conspiracy on our hands.
So judging from the conversation PB-11 had with Xiaomi support, they're saying that the Pistons Flipkart is selling isn't supposed to be there yet?

Oct 2, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #326 of 1,243
  Here's the label on the earphone box which I had sent back.

Why is it in English instead of Chinese? And this isn't the outer box anymore -- this is the actual container of the Pistons now.
This has got to be the biggest mystery in this hype train's history. All hands on deck, people -- oh wait, isn't that a term said on ships
tongue.gif

Either way, full speed ahead!

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #327 of 1,243
https://www.zauba.com/import-mi-in-ear-headphones-hs-code.html

Here is some data of imported Headphones.  20000 pieces were imported last Tuesday .  That explains the price cuts. The code MI ZBW4122IN  matches the ones I received .

Something to cheer , You will get the same ones as Mine if you are planning to order it again from Flipkart.

Detectives
ph34r.gif
!!

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:14 AM Post #328 of 1,243
  So judging from the conversation PB-11 had with Xiaomi support, they're saying that the Pistons Flipkart is selling isn't supposed to be there yet?

That was a month back. Flipkart had released the stock at night (around 9 PM) & this support response was from the next afternoon. So, it's possible they really didn't have any information of previous night sale at that time. So, I guess a latest response from India support would clear the doubt on Flipkart import source.

Why is it in English instead of Chinese? And this isn't the outer box anymore -- this is the actual container of the Pistons now.
This has got to be the biggest mystery in this hype train's history. All hands on deck, people -- oh wait, isn't that a term said on ships
tongue.gif

Either way, full speed ahead!

Regarding, "box", you are right, I should I used some other term (like you said container, I'm not very good at English vocabulary
biggrin.gif
 ). Outer "box" was in white color.

https://www.zauba.com/import-mi-in-ear-headphones-hs-code.html

Here is some data of imported Headphones.  20000 pieces were imported last Tuesday .  That explains the price cuts. The code MI ZBW4122IN  matches the ones I received .

Something to cheer , You will get the same ones as Mine if you are planning to order it again from Flipkart.

Detectives
ph34r.gif
!!

No record of earlier imports? 
ph34r.gif

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #329 of 1,243
Right now, I'm working on changing the redirects to send you directly to the Pistons' product page in their espective websites. Again, the URL is just there for comspetic purposes; I will update this in the OP in a few minutes' time.
Oops didn't read that sorry. And as for
Also please take note that I did explicitly state in the OP that Lazada sells the Pistons under the name "MI In-Ear Headphones."
I did try that.
The model no. MI ZBW4122IN makes me feel a bit more secure. The IN does TBH.
@PB-11 this should have been in Chinese as far as I know.

Also DJscope might have got that email but reading @PB-11's chat makes it more complicated.

Also how do I add the emoji/smiley you guys use?

Oct 2, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #330 of 1,243
Oops didn't read that sorry. And as for
I did try that.
The model no. MI ZBW4122IN makes me feel a bit more secure. The IN does TBH.
@PB-11 this should have been in Chinese as far as I know.

Also DJscope might have got that email but reading @PB-11's chat makes it more complicated.

Also how do I add the emoji/smiley you guys use?

If you're on the PC, the Rich Text editor has an icon located here:

As for BBCode, just click on the icons located on your right, and the appropriate code will paste itself into the text editor. As for mobile, you will have to employ HTML codes, but since I hat Head-Fi on mobile (really wished there was an app for it), I can't help you there.
redface.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
cool.gif
rolleyes.gif
mad.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif
frown.gif
smile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif