The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Oct 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #379 of 1,243
Package has left Delhi for my city. Most probably it will be delivered in morning. 
ph34r.gif

By the way, not sure what MI/Xiaomi is planning this festive season in India. I noticed that MI phones are now listed on Infibeam. So, could they be expanding their "official" retailers in India? 
ph34r.gif

EDIT: Or could be Infibeam taking a dig at Flipkart by listing MI phones with coming soon status & then displaying an overlay with "Why Xiaomi? Redefine your choice. <image of some other phone>" 
ph34r.gif

Earlier this week, we announced that we have arranged for a cargo charter flight full of Mi goodies to India. To keep you updated, the plane is gonna depart today!

Oct 3, 2014 at 7:02 PM Post #380 of 1,243
Why dosent United States have xiamoni

Quick question what is a good isolation IEM for 30$ I was thinking about the E30 and how are they compare to the pistons?

Oct 3, 2014 at 8:02 PM Post #381 of 1,243
Why dosent United States have xiaomi

Quick question what is a good isolation IEM for 30$ I was thinking about the E30 and how are they compare to the pistons?

First of all, consider the fact that Xiaomi is a Chinese company and not an American company. Xiaomi is also a relatively new company (relative to, say, Apple or Samsung), and mostly focused on their local (mainland China) market for their first ~5 years. Now, they're looking to expand to the global market, which started not too long ago, so consider that fact as well. 

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #382 of 1,243
Want to ask something about piston 2

just got my piston 2 v2.1 (i think it's v2.1) yesterday from Lazada Indonesia Flash sale

but something's not right.

the box is not brown,it's white

somehow the bass quantity is too much,and cover the area of bass.

and doesn't smell of chocolatey,it's smell more like rubber thing.

do you all think of fake?but wait,why lazada cooperate with xiaomi can sold a fake piston?

Thanks in advance for your answer,

Sorry for my bad english...

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #383 of 1,243
Why dosent United States have xiamoni

The US market is already very saturated and it's most likely the reason why Xiaomi doesn't bother entering the US market. Xiaomi is currently focusing on developing, high growth markets. 

Anyway, I don't know how the Soundmagic E30 sounds, but the Pistons 2.0 sound better than the Soundmagic E10. The E10 and Pistons 2 have similar sound signature, but the Pistons 2 sound wider and have better clarity. Mids are also more pronounced on the Pistons 2. The E10 was good when it was released back then, but imo it's not worth importing now. If you are importing, I suggest you get a KZ ED Special Edition (or ED2, it's the same thing) instead. I just got mine, and they're like a better Pistons 2. Their sound is similar, but the EDSE's treble is a tad bit smoother and less sparkly, and the EDSE has a noticeably crisper low-end. Superior sub-bass and mid-bass detailing on the EDSE, and without the mid-bass bleeding you find on the Pistons 2. Soundstage is about the same, although admittedly I can't ascertain yet as my Pistons 2 already have nearly 100 hours of burn in while my EDSE has only about 3 hours on them from listening. I haven't started burning them in yet. I'd say the EDSE's sound is most similar overall to a mix between the Yamaha EPH-100 and JVC FXD80.

Want to ask something about piston 2
just got my piston 2 v2.1 (i think it's v2.1) yesterday from Lazada Indonesia Flash sale
but something's not right.
the box is not brown,it's white
somehow the bass quantity is too much,and cover the area of bass.
and doesn't smell of chocolatey,it's smell more like rubber thing.
do you all think of fake?but wait,why lazada cooperate with xiaomi can sold a fake piston?
Thanks in advance for your answer,
Sorry for my bad english...

You most likely have the plastic edition of the Pistons.

P.S. Don't leave too much spacing between your sentences.

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #384 of 1,243
  The US market is already very saturated and it's most likely the reason why Xiaomi doesn't bother entering the US market. Xiaomi is currently focusing on developing, high growth markets. 

Anyway, I don't know how the Soundmagic E30 sounds, but the Pistons 2.0 sound better than the Soundmagic E10. The E10 and Pistons 2 have similar sound signature, but the Pistons 2 sound wider and have better clarity. Mids are also more pronounced on the Pistons 2. The E10 was good when it was released back then, but imo it's not worth importing now. If you are importing, I suggest you get a KZ ED Special Edition (or ED2, it's the same thing) instead. I just got mine, and they're like a better Pistons 2. Their sound is similar, but the EDSE's treble is a tad bit smoother and less sparkly, and the EDSE has a noticeably crisper low-end. Superior sub-bass and mid-bass detailing on the EDSE, and without the mid-bass bleeding you find on the Pistons 2. Soundstage is about the same, although admittedly I can't ascertain yet as my Pistons 2 already have nearly 100 hours of burn in while my EDSE has only about 3 hours on them from listening. I haven't started burning them in yet. I'd say the EDSE's sound is most similar overall to the JVC FXD80 and to a lesser extent the Yamaha EPH-100.

You most likely have the plastic edition of the Pistons.

P.S. Don't leave too much spacing between your sentences.

sorry for my enter spacing habit :)

plastic edition with gold rose colour?
wait i try to upload the image...errr,don't have the white box image,just the piston
i planned to buy from ibuygou instead,is it legit?

Oct 4, 2014 at 12:52 AM Post #386 of 1,243
IF edition maybe? Anyways if you guys are still wondering why did I post the Xiaomi phone pic, actually take a look at the listing of the earphones on that pic. I have marked it. Oh and where can I get my hands on the KZ ED SPECIAL? available on eBay? How much do they cost? Thanks!

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:00 AM Post #388 of 1,243
IF edition maybe? Anyways if you guys are still wondering why did I post the Xiaomi phone pic, actually take a look at the listing of the earphones on that pic. I have marked it. Oh and where can I get my hands on the KZ ED SPECIAL? available on eBay? How much do they cost? Thanks!

AliExpress official KZ store: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1380688

I  highly suggest you also get the KZ ES. It's different from the EDSE and Pistons 2. The ES is balanced and I'm dumbfounded how good they sound. I was actually going to purchase only the EDSE, but the store had an EDSE + ES bundle which is the one I got. I'm really glad I got the ES as well. I'd say it's 80% as good as a Hifiman RE-400. That good! The EDSE is great, but I prefer the ES better, primarily because of the balanced sound sig.

This is the EDSE + ES bundle (no microphone on both) I got: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/oem-purchase-kz-es-and-ed-special-edition-headphone-ear-headphones-piston-lower-the-headset/2036915498.html

P.S. Damn. The bundle is now $16.20. I ordered mine two weeks ago for $18.

Quote:

Piston 2.0

PenonAudio : $29.00
ibuygou : $19.99

quite different ...:frowning2:

Well, that's your call. I just find PenonAudio more reputable and reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back