The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Nov 20, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #782 of 1,243
  Got my Pistons from merimobiles.com today. Packaging and box seems OK and they sound pretty good, but NO chocolate smell what so ever. What's up with that? Fakes?

The issue is not if you like the smell of chocolate but if they are fakes. Can you have someone else smell them? If no smell not a good sign. This is the first report of the gold pistons not having the chocolate smell. Also I never thought it smelled like chocolate. 

How do they sound?

Nov 20, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #783 of 1,243
I'm curious if the new batch of Pistons no longer smell of chocolate. The new silver/white version doesn't, perhaps they stopped that?

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:17 AM Post #784 of 1,243
  I'm curious if the new batch of Pistons no longer smell of chocolate. The new silver/white version doesn't, perhaps they stopped that?

I still say someone else needs to sniff the Pistons to verify no chocolate smell. 

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:18 AM Post #785 of 1,243

The issue is not if you like the smell of chocolate but if they are fakes. Can you have someone else smell them? If no smell not a good sign. This is the first report of the gold pistons not having the chocolate smell. Also I never thought it smelled like chocolate. 

How do they sound?

Yes, that is exactly the issue :) There is a small hint of rubber when I smell them close up, but nothing I would remotely categorize as 'chocolate', and the smell is very vague.

They sound very nice in my ears. My reference is a pair of well used JVC HA-FXD70 and they match them pretty well. The bass is a bit more boomy in the Pistons, but it's close :)

Worked in retail selling hi-fi for 7 years so I've got some clues to how it should sound and what to expect of the build quality of headphones.

I hoped to get that straightened out aswell. No use contacting merimobiles, I wouldn't expect them to admit to selling fakes if that's the case :)

Nov 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #786 of 1,243

How do they sound?

Weird. My pair and my sister's pair never had the chocolate smell - just some slightly irritating smell of silicone.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:38 PM Post #788 of 1,243
Mine smell very obviously of chocolate but not while they are in my ears, only when at my nose. I wonder if others are making this elementary mistake? Perhaps Xiaomi ought to consider a redesign and come up with something which both smells and sounds good while being inserted into the nostrils instead of the ears.

Nov 20, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #789 of 1,243
maybe they ran out of the chocolate juice?   who knows?  the authenticity lies in the sound and craftsmanship.  mine smell of faint chocolate-ishness.  kinda like how chocolate licorice has hints of chocolate, but no way is it close to actual chocolate.

i bet chocolate rain sounds good on the pistons

Nov 20, 2014 at 8:05 PM Post #790 of 1,243
maybe they ran out of the chocolate juice?   who knows?  the authenticity lies in the sound and craftsmanship.  mine smell of faint chocolate-ishness.  kinda like how chocolate licorice has hints of chocolate, but no way is it close to actual chocolate.

i bet chocolate rain sounds good on the pistons

I wouldn't be surprised if they simply stopped perfuming their cases. McDonalds perfume their French fries to make people crave it whenever they smell that perfume, so it's not a new marketing ploy by any means.

Nov 20, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #791 of 1,243
I wouldn't be surprised if they simply stopped perfuming their cases. McDonalds perfume their French fries to make people crave it whenever they smell that perfume, so it's not a new marketing ploy by any means.

They do? No wonder I love their french fries! 
But then again, they do taste pretty good, compared to the others in my area.

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry if I derailed the thread. 
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:26 AM Post #792 of 1,243
So there`s a guy on my local forum with a strange problem

The Pistons don`t work on his Moto G, althought it works on his computer and notebook, and he has others IEMs and they work on the Moto G  
confused_face_2.gif

Any ideas?

Nov 22, 2014 at 8:21 PM Post #793 of 1,243

The Pistons don`t work on his Moto G, althought it works on his computer and notebook, and he has others IEMs and they work on the Moto G  
confused_face_2.gif

Any ideas?

Could it be because of the phone's jack? He might need a CTIA to OMTP adapter. And by not working, as in there's no sound at all?

Nov 23, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #794 of 1,243

confused_face_2.gif

Any ideas?

i have a moto g LTE 1st gen
pistons work fine middle button pauses
other 2 buttons nothing
no problems with audio 2 sets of pistons

Nov 23, 2014 at 8:37 PM Post #795 of 1,243
  i have a moto g LTE 1st gen
pistons work fine middle button pauses
other 2 buttons nothing
no problems with audio 2 sets of pistons

I have the 1st Gen Moto G as well. The middle button works fine for answering and hanging up calls, starting stopping music. Other buttons also do nothing (but they do skip songs on my old Nexus S, which is pretty shweeeeeeeet).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back