The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Nov 19, 2014 at 11:25 AM Post #766 of 1,243
The plastic ones sound identical and are $12 delivered worldwide from an authorised vendor. How much cheaper is it supposed to get?

btw they need minimum of 2000 hours burn and if you don't listen the entire time then you won't notice the subtle but vital differences. *cough*

I don't believe this is true. At least from what I've read, multiple sources.

Nov 19, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #769 of 1,243
I don't believe it either. The Paperbacks, to my knowledge, have different drivers compared to the original Pistons.

I have both types and can't find any sound difference. Xiaomi state "Sound quality is the same as the updated version" and I have to agree. The differences are in materials and of course clever promotion and marketing.

Nov 19, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #773 of 1,243
  Got my Pistons from merimobiles.com today. Packaging and box seems OK and they sound pretty good, but NO chocolate smell what so ever. What's up with that? Fakes?

How to spot fakes:

http://www.pandawillforum.com/showthread.php?25739-How-to-know-your-XIAOMI-Piston-Earphone-is-genuine-one

Good luck!

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #776 of 1,243

My are exactly as the "genuine" ones - minus the chocolate smell, mine smell absolutely nothing at all. Very annoying and confusing.

Mine doesn't really smell like anything -- much less chocolate. I mean, come on guys, what is so f'ing amazing about the chocolate smell? It isn't even an indicator of a legit package or not. Rest assured, @Grieflar, they should be genuine. Don't -- by all means don't -- even think about the chocolate smell. 

Nov 19, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #777 of 1,243
  Mine doesn't really smell like anything -- much less chocolate. I mean, come on guys, what is so f'ing amazing about the chocolate smell? It isn't even an indicator of a legit package or not. Rest assured, @Grieflar, they should be genuine. Don't -- by all means don't -- even think about the chocolate smell. 

Some people can be so peculiar. haha I'd much rather just eat a bar of chocolate.

Nov 20, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #780 of 1,243
I have both types and can't find any sound difference. Xiaomi state "Sound quality is the same as the updated version" and I have to agree. The differences are in materials and of course clever promotion and marketing.

I concur, I have both the IF version and the White plastic basic version, sounds identical ....if anything I kinda prefer the plastic version as they're lighter.

Got a couple of the Rose Gold version on the way so I'll compare the 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back