The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Nov 27, 2014 at 2:27 AM Post #805 of 1,243
  So, are there for sure no confirmed sellers on Amazon?

Ahem:

Guys, if you're still going to ask questions like these, then I guess the point of this 2.0 thread has been completely nullified.
If you don't know where the Amazon seller is in the above image, look for a Robert's Super Store. 
rolleyes.gif

Nov 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #806 of 1,243
  Ahem:

Guys, if you're still going to ask questions like these, then I guess the point of this 2.0 thread has been completely nullified.
If you don't know where the Amazon seller is in the above image, look for a Robert's Super Store. 
rolleyes.gif

Forget first post, some people don't even bother to read the latest page replies. Talking about forum manner...

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:12 PM Post #807 of 1,243
Not new to Head-Fi, previously a lurker. I picked up a set from Robert's Superstore. Can once again confirm that seller has legit Pistons.

I'm looking to discuss 2 things. One, I'd like to purchase better tips. From what I understand, Comply is the way to go. I've seen mentions of the S-400, T-500, and TS-500 working well.

Two. I'm mainly using my Pistons with a Galaxy Note 3 rooted with Viper4Android installed. There hasn't been much conversation lately on fine tuning V4A with the pistons despite mentions of needing to. If there are others who'd like to further that discussion I'd certainly like to take part. Additionally, if a bunch of us were to message the developer of V4A, I'm certain we could get a DDC filter made for the Pistons. There's already 500 different devices with a custom DDC filter.

V4A contact info for ideas/suggestions: 
To: china_viper@163.com 
CC: zhuhang.jasper@gmail.com

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #808 of 1,243
  Not new to Head-Fi, previously a lurker. I picked up a set from Robert's Superstore. Can once again confirm that seller has legit Pistons.

I'm looking to discuss 2 things. One, I'd like to purchase better tips. From what I understand, Comply is the way to go. I've seen mentions of the S-400, T-500, and TS-500 working well.

Two. I'm mainly using my Pistons with a Galaxy Note 3 rooted with Viper4Android installed. There hasn't been much conversation lately on fine tuning V4A with the pistons despite mentions of needing to. If there are others who'd like to further that discussion I'd certainly like to take part. Additionally, if a bunch of us were to message the developer of V4A, I'm certain we could get a DDC filter made for the Pistons. There's already 500 different devices with a custom DDC filter.

V4A contact info for ideas/suggestions: 
To: china_viper@163.com 
CC: zhuhang.jasper@gmail.com

• You already answered your own question. Unless you're supopsed to be asking where to buy Comply tips.

• To me, I don't think I would need an EQ filter for V4A (I don't use V4A but use V4W), but good luck trying to contact the lead dev of V4W. Zhuhang is not part of the dev team and only makes IRS files for them, if I remember correctly. If you want an EQ filter for the Pistons, then why not make one? Joe Bloggs posted a tutorial on XDA on how to do this. That is, unless you're too lazy to do so. Otherwise, this topic isn't worth furthering.

Dec 1, 2014 at 10:58 PM Post #809 of 1,243
I agree that no eq filter is required; these are well balanced enough that there's little or no point in micro-adjustments.

Tips: EarphonesPlus foam tips are great, more durable and cheaper than Comply, and fit the Pistons. You can find them on amazon.

Dec 1, 2014 at 11:22 PM Post #810 of 1,243

• You already answered your own question. Unless you're supopsed to be asking where to buy Comply tips.

• To me, I don't think I would need an EQ filter for V4A (I don't use V4A but use V4W), but good luck trying to contact the lead dev of V4W. Zhuhang is not part of the dev team and only makes IRS files for them, if I remember correctly. If you want an EQ filter for the Pistons, then why not make one? Joe Bloggs posted a tutorial on XDA on how to do this. That is, unless you're too lazy to do so. Otherwise, this topic isn't worth furthering.

I'd assume Amazon. The question was about which one fit best on the tip (I've bought 3rd party tips before only for them to fall off the IEM's easily or not fit).

Trust me, I'm not lazy. I just don't have a lot of time. He does take requests/suggestions but not directly on the forums from my understanding. It couldn't hurt to try a request though. Worst case, nothing changes. So there is no negative to trying.

I agree that no eq filter is required; these are well balanced enough that there's little or no point in micro-adjustments.

Tips: EarphonesPlus foam tips are great, more durable and cheaper than Comply, and fit the Pistons. You can find them on amazon.

Are EarphonesPlus tips really that good? It's really important for them to stay on the Pistons. What would you recommend if that's the case?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back