The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0
Nov 17, 2014 at 7:43 PM Post #752 of 1,243
  Looking for some cheap earbuds that I can use when I don't want to lug around my (slightly) more expensive Sennheiser over-ear headphones. I need to get it from Newegg because I have gift card money there--are these legit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3ZB1ZP2031&cm_re=xiaomi_pistons-_-9SIA3ZB1ZP2031-_-Product ?

whoa, that looks like a cool find.  I wonder if they have the beryllium driver, or same driver as the paperback edition? 

You guys are joking, right? Clearly that's a fake. The Pistons don't come in blue unless we're talking about the Paperback version. And the Paperback version doesn't come in a package like that.

Nov 17, 2014 at 8:06 PM Post #753 of 1,243
  Just got em! TIL I have small ear canals because the small tips seal perfectly

Do they change much with burn-in? The bass sounds a little muddy for lack of a better word and I'm hoping that goes away over time

Also I'd like to get some foam tips for these, any recommendations?

Try comply foam tips with the solid inner bore cylinder from the original comply company.....works wonders! I can honestly say the bass stays balanced with the rest of the frequency and the highs sounds vivid instead of splashy. I tried the Sidy foam tips, but doesn't cut-it for me.....too much mids.

Nov 17, 2014 at 11:37 PM Post #754 of 1,243
  Looking for some cheap earbuds that I can use when I don't want to lug around my (slightly) more expensive Sennheiser over-ear headphones. I need to get it from Newegg because I have gift card money there--are these legit: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA3ZB1ZP2031&cm_re=xiaomi_pistons-_-9SIA3ZB1ZP2031-_-Product ?

Fakes. Save your gift card for black friday!

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #755 of 1,243

You guys are joking, right? Clearly that's a fake. The Pistons don't come in blue unless we're talking about the Paperback version. And the Paperback version doesn't come in a package like that.

i dunno.  newegg is pretty reputable.  i'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig tho.   i got some computer parts and my UE6000 from newegg. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #756 of 1,243

i dunno.  newegg is pretty reputable.  i'll wait for someone else to be the guinea pig tho.   i got some computer parts and my UE6000 from newegg. 

That's a third party seller in that link. With only a 2 egg rating. Newegg itself is great, got my Mikros 90 from them but it was direct.

Nov 18, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #757 of 1,243
I frankly don't see why people are cheaping out on an already cheap pair of headphones. If you want to save an extra $5, pack your own lunch the next day or skip out on your morning cup of joe. It's $25, people. 

Nov 18, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #764 of 1,243
The plastic ones sound identical and are $12 delivered worldwide from an authorised vendor. How much cheaper is it supposed to get?

btw they need minimum of 2000 hours burn and if you don't listen the entire time then you won't notice the subtle but vital differences. *cough*

Nov 19, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #765 of 1,243
The plastic ones sound identical and are $12 delivered worldwide from an authorised vendor. How much cheaper is it supposed to get?

http://www.merimobiles.com/original-xiaomi-simple-version-earphone-with-mic_p/meri10316.htm
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back