The WS99/WS77 PG 57..
Jun 8, 2013 at 10:18 AM Post #1,216 of 1,799
I hate to be a nag but...

Would anyone mind going to Youtube to listening to "This Is What It Feels Like - W&W Remix" and tell me how the bass sounds in the big drop towards the middle of the song. You can't miss it.

If possible, would you mind comparing it with the V-Moda M100 bass as well? Please? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYEUbPYmfE

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:47 PM Post #1,217 of 1,799
I don't have the M-100, so I can't compare to that set of cans. On the WS99, however, W&W's remix has a lot of powerful, deep subbass goodness during the drop. It's not so powerful so as to drown out the snippets of the melody that play through the drop.

Jun 9, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #1,218 of 1,799
Quote:
I don't have the M-100, so I can't compare to that set of cans. On the WS99, however, W&W's remix has a lot of powerful, deep subbass goodness during the drop. It's not so powerful so as to drown out the snippets of the melody that play through the drop.

thank you for the insight. have some rep!

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #1,221 of 1,799
I hate to be a nag but...
Would anyone mind going to Youtube to listening to "This Is What It Feels Like - W&W Remix" and tell me how the bass sounds in the big drop towards the middle of the song. ..
If possible, would you mind comparing it with the V-Moda M100 bass as well? Please? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynYEUbPYmfE

I still have my ws99 and have the m100 available as well.
I can check it out and let you know.
I love my ws99 but for now I am using my esw9 for its presentation I prefer.
Now I don't believe I have burned in my ws99 enough and the m100 I have acces to (family member) is used every single day since last year so they are already as sweet as can be.
In past I compared them and thought the ws99 was the faster larger bass while the m100 was the thicker but not overdone & more satisfying for basshead type of bass...
Your results will vary..

Jun 12, 2013 at 11:17 AM Post #1,222 of 1,799
Quote:
I still have my ws99 and have the m100 available as well.
I can check it out and let you know.
I love my ws99 but for now I am using my esw9 for its presentation I prefer.
Now I don't believe I have burned in my ws99 enough and the m100 I have acces to (family member) is used every single day since last year so they are already as sweet as can be.
In past I compared them and thought the ws99 was the faster larger bass while the m100 was the thicker but not overdone & more satisfying for basshead type of bass...
Your results will vary..

Thanks for the input. I would greatly appreciate some feedback on the WS99s regarding that song :)

Jun 12, 2013 at 12:15 PM Post #1,223 of 1,799
I can chime in on the WS99 vs the Crossfade LP...

WS99 bass is faster, more focused, and more articulate. The mid-bass is also very present, whereas the LP is like having a subwoofer with the crossover set to 50 hz. I can feel the WS99s vibrate on my head, yet the sound isn't boomy for fatiguing at all. The LP sounds thicker and more resonate. I haven't spent time with a M100 yet, but I've owned both the LP and the M80, so I'm making an educated guess as to how they compare. 

I have a WS99 for sale if you want to find out for yourself... 
atsmile.gif

Jun 12, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #1,224 of 1,799
Quote:
The WS99 is a substantial upgrade to the WS55. A big leap in SQ.. My advice is simple. If you want what is a peep into the high grade AT sound go for the ES700 with WS55 pads. Especially if your into your mids.

If your more a fan of the low end and want a nice high end tuning to your bass phone and also want a full sized can instead of a portable one with nice isolation the WS99.

Hey, I'm interested in buying a pair of headphones with a strong bass, but I would also like higher grade mids and highs. So far from what I've read, everything about the WS99's bass I love, but I doesn't seem to have the best mids and highs. Do you think I could buy the ES700's and use an amp to boost the bass on them? And if I can, will the bass too muddy?

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #1,225 of 1,799
Hey,
Can you guys help me a bit here? So, I'm considering getting a portable headphone. I'm currently own a ws55 for portable purposes, but the comfort is somewhat annoying and the plastic squeak... So would the ws77 or ws99 (though its a bit out of budget) be more comfortable and less "squeaky" while retaining a similar sound signature? Oh and for mostly electronic but some of other genres how would the ws 77 and 99 compare to the v moda m80? If anyone could answer these for me that would be great lol. Thanks.

Jun 12, 2013 at 10:13 PM Post #1,226 of 1,799
Quote:
Hey, I'm interested in buying a pair of headphones with a strong bass, but I would also like higher grade mids and highs. So far from what I've read, everything about the WS99's bass I love, but I doesn't seem to have the best mids and highs. Do you think I could buy the ES700's and use an amp to boost the bass on them? And if I can, will the bass too muddy?

That is debatable for the  cost of these things the highs and mids are excellent. Full.Deep and non fatiguing.. The ES700 I feel does have a higher end tuning but at the same time the WS99 does not lack in the highs and mids especially when amped... You can amp the ES700 to have more bass but if you amp the WS99 with same amp your gonna get a monster.. Give either one a try and if your curious about the other you can always sell them and just try out the other.

Quote:
Hey,
Can you guys help me a bit here? So, I'm considering getting a portable headphone. I'm currently own a ws55 for portable purposes, but the comfort is somewhat annoying and the plastic squeak... So would the ws77 or ws99 (though its a bit out of budget) be more comfortable and less "squeaky" while retaining a similar sound signature? Oh and for mostly electronic but some of other genres how would the ws 77 and 99 compare to the v moda m80? If anyone could answer these for me that would be great lol. Thanks.

M80s are not made for EDM unfortunately especially coming from the WS55. Both the WS77 and the WS99 would be a nice upgrade in sound for you but if you can't afford either I would look into the HA-S500..

Jun 13, 2013 at 10:45 PM Post #1,227 of 1,799
Quote:

That is debatable for the  cost of these things the highs and mids are excellent. Full.Deep and non fatiguing.. The ES700 I feel does have a higher end tuning but at the same time the WS99 does not lack in the highs and mids especially when amped... You can amp the ES700 to have more bass but if you amp the WS99 with same amp your gonna get a monster.. Give either one a try and if your curious about the other you can always sell them and just try out the other.

M80s are not made for EDM unfortunately especially coming from the WS55. Both the WS77 and the WS99 would be a nice upgrade in sound for you but if you can't afford either I would look into the HA-S500..

Thanks Dsnuts! I'm going with the WS99. I was thinking of buying the fiio e11 amp. What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back