The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #6,422 of 7,980
Quote:
You are using this portable rig with your HD 650's as well? That's my desktop headphone too. 

I will be. I just ordered the Rendition today :D

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #6,424 of 7,980
Quote:
What have you been using with the HD 650 prior? Can the Rendition really be served as a desktop amp? 

I haven't been using the 650s in a portable set up yet. I use them in my living room via my Onkyo TX-sr605.

The Rendition should be more than adequate driving the 650s as it was designed to handle the Tzar 350s that have even higher impedance. I've heard several people remarking on them pairing well and it ws one of the reasons I picked the Rendition. I will happily report back once I have given it a test drive 

[size=2.866em]  [/size]

Apr 6, 2013 at 6:42 PM Post #6,425 of 7,980
Quote:

I haven't been using the 650s in a portable set up yet. I use them in my living room via my Onkyo TX-sr605.

The Rendition should be more than adequate driving the 650s as it was designed to handle the Tzar 350s that have even higher impedance. I've heard several people remarking on them pairing well and it ws one of the reasons I picked the Rendition. I will happily report back once I have given it a test drive 

[size=2.866em]  [/size]

please do. 

Is it possible to easily change the battery of the rendition 1 amp and ak100 after  lifespan has been depleted ? 

Apr 8, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #6,426 of 7,980
Quote:
please do. 

Is it possible to easily change the battery of the rendition 1 amp and ak100 after  lifespan has been depleted ? 

It's very easy to exchange the battery in the R1 but I don't know about the AK100. 

Out of curiosity, how much is that AK100/R1 stack going to cost? Typing this while listening to Muse via DX100 -> R1 -> 4.Ai 
etysmile.gif

Apr 8, 2013 at 5:23 AM Post #6,428 of 7,980
Don't suppose anyone could give me a bit of help with the tips supplied by Heir? Currently finding the medium reds are too big and causing a bit of pain/discomfort after any length of time listening to the 5.0's, swapped them with the smaller reds which removes the discomfort, but finding the seal isn't as good. The blue tips I can't get to fit on the 5.0's at all, and I seem to have two sets of small double flanged tips and one large set of double flanged, at least I can't tell any difference in the sizes between the two sets of smaller double flanged ones. 

Is there some trick to getting the blue tips on?

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:14 AM Post #6,429 of 7,980
Quote:
Don't suppose anyone could give me a bit of help with the tips supplied by Heir? Currently finding the medium reds are too big and causing a bit of pain/discomfort after any length of time listening to the 5.0's, swapped them with the smaller reds which removes the discomfort, but finding the seal isn't as good. The blue tips I can't get to fit on the 5.0's at all, and I seem to have two sets of small double flanged tips and one large set of double flanged, at least I can't tell any difference in the sizes between the two sets of smaller double flanged ones. 

Is there some trick to getting the blue tips on?

Comply T500 and T400 should fit if you want to try foam tips. Regarding the blue ones: Brute force is the trick. And a bit of patience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back