The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 3, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #6,406 of 7,980
Quote:
I use a compact camera case. I find the pelican box to be too shallow and my ciems dig in to the foam lining (I must have long ear canals!)

My IEM's do this too, FullCircle, is this bad?

Apr 4, 2013 at 12:59 AM Post #6,409 of 7,980
They're great when they're inside a rigid protective case. I use them to store my IEMs inside of the miniature Anvil-style case that carries my portable audio system.

If the IEMs are traveling on their own in a bag, I'd rather use an Otterbox/Pelican style case for them.

Speaking of which, ardgedee could you please post a link to that carry case of yours. I'm in the market for one.

Apr 4, 2013 at 10:37 AM Post #6,411 of 7,980
I know we're getting away from the original intent of the topic a bit, but what do people use to carry around their CIEMs? I like the Otterboxes when I'm travelling but to and form work, they're a bit excessive. I saw a few other smaller hard-shelf nylon cases on Amazon, was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

I use a modified Ultimate Ears customs case. It needed to have some of the rubber on the inside hollowed out. Easier to open, hard sided but not waterproof.

Apr 5, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #6,412 of 7,980
I used to religiously keep my earphones in a Pelicase, which is great but cumbersome. I now use the little hard shell case that came with my ACS T-15's. It is so much more convenient and gives more than enough protection. I use it with the custom tips. i am not sure but I think it would fit CIEM's. Might be worth a call to ACS to check and see if it is available to buy seperately...

Apr 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM Post #6,416 of 7,980
Apr 6, 2013 at 3:40 PM Post #6,418 of 7,980
Quote:
I was looking up on some reviews and people have said to use an amp on top of ak100. Im considering buying this for my 4A's.....

I use the Rendition 1 with the AK100 and it is a very nice match. I suppose if anybody would like to buy the AK100 with the Rendition 1 (or any other of our products for that matter) we could discuss this further, but we won't be selling the AK100 as a stand alone product.
 ​

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #6,419 of 7,980
Quote:
I was looking up on some reviews and people have said to use an amp on top of ak100. Im considering buying this for my 4A's.....

For your 4a's yes you should use an amp due to their low impedance, however the Tzar 350's are way in excess of the optimal headphone impedance of the AK100

Apr 6, 2013 at 3:48 PM Post #6,420 of 7,980
Quote:

I use the Rendition 1 with the AK100 and it is a very nice match. I suppose if anybody would like to buy the AK100 with the Rendition 1 (or any other of our products for that matter) we could discuss this further, but we won't be selling the AK100 as a stand alone product.
 ​

I'm so pleased to hear you say you use that pairing and it's a good match

I've just ordered the Rendition from Frank in the UK office :)

AK100 - Rendition 1 - Tzar 350 / Sennheiser HD 650

Schweeeeeeeeeeeet!  :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back