The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Apr 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #6,391 of 7,980
Quote:
I should clarify, the 2000 comes with the customs. The universals may very well come with the 1000 series. I had both (1000 was lost with my 4.A's) and found the 1000 to be a tight fit, indeed, but my 8.A's rattle around in my 2000. It should be more than big enough and they are as rugged as you could hope for.

They actually all have the same interior height i.e. 1 inch, so it won't work for me...we have to go the Pelican way. Thanks to all.

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #6,393 of 7,980

Received the 4.Ai+ yesterday. Amazing so far, the case is water proof right?

Apr 2, 2013 at 1:19 PM Post #6,395 of 7,980
Quote:
Yes but it is still not advised to take them in your bath however reluctant you are to leave them out of your sight.

Gotcha, but has anybody tried it before?

Apr 2, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #6,397 of 7,980
Quote:
Quote:
Received the 4.Ai+ yesterday. Amazing so far, the case is water proof right?

They're Otterbox cases. They're waterproof to about 100 feet. Since I doubt you plan on taking your headphones diving with you I'd be willing to bet it can take anything you throw, or splash, at it.

Sweet. They'll never break!

Apr 2, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #6,398 of 7,980
I hate to say it but you might want to check your insertion as mine don't have excessive treble, either, unless I haven't inserted the, properly. In short, if you never find yourself wondering where they're hiding the subwoofer in the 8.A's housing then ey probably aren't in right.

It's probably worth noting that there may be a level of burn-in with the 8.A. It's hard to tell how much of it was my learning to insert them properly, the sound changing or just becoming more familiar with the sound. I imagine it was a mix so your highs may smooth out a little more.

What are you using to drive them?

I think that maybe it's a burn in issue, I haven't had the time to burn them in properly yet, I'll check back after listening to them a little longer. I'm still satisfied with the sound don't fervent wrong, it's just different I guess? I'm currently running them out of a sansa clip+ and cMoy, the cMoy that I use has a tendency to exaggerate the highs a little, I'll try them from my desktop setup or straight from my clip+, and hopefully that changes the highs.

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #6,399 of 7,980
I was just thinking how great it would be if 3d printing was widely available and in use for the public. It would be so cool to just "PRINT" the shape of your monitors and see how the fit is and get instant feedback before shipping out the monitors. 

Apr 2, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #6,400 of 7,980
I was just thinking how great it would be if 3d printing was widely available and in use for the public. It would be so cool to just "PRINT" the shape of your monitors and see how the fit is and get instant feedback before shipping out the monitors. 

I'm sure it'll eventually happen. The trick is going to be the day when you can print the entire CIEM based on an extreme-high-res scan, not just of the empty space but of musculature and bone-structure so you could anticipate fit issues. Yeah, looking way into the future on that one, but what starts as science fiction seems to regularly become science fact.

Apr 3, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #6,401 of 7,980
I prefer Peli cases over Otter. and have found the 1020 to be a great fit for ciems 
smile.gif

As my "daily driver" however, I use this $6 case:

Just don't stand on it and your customs should be fine, it's a surprisingly rugged little case.

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #6,402 of 7,980
Quote:
As my "daily driver" however, I use this $6 case:

Just don't stand on it and your customs should be fine, it's a surprisingly rugged little case.

They're great when they're inside a rigid protective case. I use them to store my IEMs inside of the miniature Anvil-style case that carries my portable audio system.

If the IEMs are traveling on their own in a bag, I'd rather use an Otterbox/Pelican style case for them.

Apr 3, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #6,404 of 7,980
I know we're getting away from the original intent of the topic a bit, but what do people use to carry around their CIEMs? I like the Otterboxes when I'm travelling but to and form work, they're a bit excessive. I saw a few other smaller hard-shelf nylon cases on Amazon, was wondering if anyone had suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back