The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #4,111 of 7,980
Well, my impressions are done and mailed off to Heir Audio. The audiologist seemed to know what I was talking about when I explained I wanted them for a CIEM and was confident the impressions would work. He even said if there was any problems to come back and he would redo them for free. The funny thing is, I showed him the Heir Audio site and while my impressions were solidifying he killed time surfing around the Heir site. After the impressions were removed he started asking me tons of questions involving which CIEM sounded like what and the type of finishes they provided. He then asked me if mobile amping would help the sound out which rather shocked me he knew about mobile amps. I think he was impressed with what he saw on the Heir Audio site because as I was leaving his office he went right back to surfing the Heir gallery section. Any who before he packaged them up I gave them a real close inspection and there wasn't any bubbles or shiny areas which means I think the impressions were good. He also seemed to be taking special care making sure the Tragus was properly covered in goop and he gave a couple of light pushes to make sure the goop got the proper indentations. When I was examining them the audiologist pointed out where the second bend was and said he made sure to go deep just to be on the safe side. I sent them off this afternoon with fingers crossed and a prayer. Man do I hope those impressions work out. I really don't want to be playing refit monopoly over the next couple of months.

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #4,114 of 7,980
That amp looks great. Hoping I'll get the chance to audition it at some point.

Ugh, still no sign of my impressions. Still hoping they make it to Heir at some point
redface.gif

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #4,115 of 7,980
Quote:
That amp looks great. Hoping I'll get the chance to audition it at some point.

Ugh, still no sign of my impressions. Still hoping they make it to Heir at some point
redface.gif

I know the tracking issue is no fun, but it's possible that they arrived and it just isn't showing up in the system for whatever reason. I recently sent impressions to Unique Melody, and they claim to have received them a while back. Tracking shows no updates other than it left the USA.... same thing with a few other intl. shipments I've done recently. So there's hope for you!

Dec 21, 2012 at 10:59 AM Post #4,117 of 7,980
Quote:

I know the tracking issue is no fun, but it's possible that they arrived and it just isn't showing up in the system for whatever reason. I recently sent impressions to Unique Melody, and they claim to have received them a while back. Tracking shows no updates other than it left the USA.... same thing with a few other intl. shipments I've done recently. So there's hope for you!

Well that's a little reassuring! Although iirc Heir usually sends an e-mail when they receive the impressions?

Either way, I did file a "lost package" formula with the postal service, although if it's lost somewhere I doubt they'll find it. Oh well, might as well wait a little longer before I pay $50 for a new set of impressions in case the parcel shows up.

Dec 21, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #4,118 of 7,980

The Amp looks fantastic. 

- I am getting pretty excited, I got an email on Dec. 10th that the US office received my (redone) impressions and they are OK and being forwarded to the lab. So they should be in China by now, I am guessing - so at least a step closer to getting my customs. Seriously happy to hear that

Dec 21, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #4,119 of 7,980
Well my impressions should have arrived today - Guaranteed!
If they haven't I'll be able to claim compensation from the postal service....haven't heard from Sunny yet confirming that they arrived

Dec 21, 2012 at 6:01 PM Post #4,120 of 7,980
Does anyone know if it's at all possible to test the Heir universal models at all? I understand that they are not sold retail but does the company offer test models or a no questions return policy? Thanks

Dec 21, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #4,121 of 7,980
there's that world tour thing they have/had.  i've been wondering if there's a way to sign up for that..

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:23 AM Post #4,124 of 7,980
Santa came early! (Actually Brannan just dropped them off at my house a couple hours ago...) I must have been a good boy this year!

Heir Audio 8.A - Amboyna Burl; Light Smoke shell (I think)

A few quick snaps:

Yes, you can post these on the Heir Facebook page!

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:31 AM Post #4,125 of 7,980
HOLY **** THEY ARE GORGEOUS! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back