The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 19, 2012 at 7:45 AM Post #4,096 of 7,980
A solution is to find someone in Hong Kong willing to receive the earmolds. Hong Kong Post is super efficient and provides full tracking. Upon receipt they then send to China using:-

www.sf-express.com  

SF Express has a full pick up service, so the recipient don't have to go out of their way to post.

Full tracking 2-3 days courier service for approximately US$8. Just thinking aloud here, maybe $5 dollars per transaction fee? I think it is cheaper to send into Hong Kong too! 

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #4,098 of 7,980
Not an answer, but another question. I was actually surprised to find the Magnus more microphonic than my Westone 4R cable (which I believe is same or at least similar to stock 4.A cable).

Hello all. Other than the stock cable and Magnus cable, what other cables have you used and would recommend from personal experience?

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #4,101 of 7,980
Quote:

on the Heir Audio 3.Ai Impressions/Comparisons/Review Thread Inks suggested the Fututech. Inks seems to be unbaised or at least not overly pro Heir :)

Inks seems to have a bias against Heir...  He rarely says anything positive about it.  So saying unbiased would be an overstatement.  Come to think of it, I can't remember him saying anything positive about the 4.Ai (or 3.Ai for that matter).  There are a lot of positives to talk about.  

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #4,102 of 7,980
Bias is a tricky thing. Inks puts much faith in measurements and I think that's OK, even when I may disagree with conclusions. We all have bias and I think Inks is actually trying to remove it with #s. It's disagreement about correlation that becomes the issue. I could never base a purchase on measurements but it something measures poorly enough for the price, It may dissuade me. Inks puts the 4ai in that category. I don't as I haven't heard it but my spin on this is that I need to see a twfk not do it's thing before I would personally consider another. For some reason, they seem to be more noticeable to me that some others I respect. I guess that I have a twfk bias.
wink_face.gif
I do know there are versions and that it can be massaged or added to for a reported great result but I do get wary without forewarning or a listen.

Anybody here a Tzar 90 yet? I'm quite intrigued.

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #4,104 of 7,980
Quote:
Bias is a tricky thing. Inks puts much faith in measurements and I think that's OK, even when I may disagree with conclusions. We all have bias and I think Inks is actually trying to remove it with #s. It's disagreement about correlation that becomes the issue. I could never base a purchase on measurements but it something measures poorly enough for the price, It may dissuade me. Inks puts the 4ai in that category. I don't as I haven't heard it but my spin on this is that I need to see a twfk not do it's thing before I would personally consider another. For some reason, they seem to be more noticeable to me that some others I respect. I guess that I have a twfk bias.
wink_face.gif
I do know there are versions and that it can be massaged or added to for a reported great result but I do get wary without forewarning or a listen.

I never questioned the data.  Bias is in the way the data will be presented.  What Inks hides, what Inks shows, how Inks states it is the bias.  I really don't want to go into a bias discussion (I think I've doneso with another member in the past), but the bias is not in the information, rather the presentation of it.  There is no way to be 100% unbiased, but Inks is doing nothing to rid of the bias (he keeps pushing it one directionally; he's not the only biased party in this thread though).  

I think there still is only 1 Tzar90 out right now.  

Dec 19, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #4,108 of 7,980
Quote:
wink_face.gif

I will be (hopefully) getting mine on Monday if shipping goes well. I'll keep you informed ^_^

I think there still is only 1 Tzar90 out right now.  

Unless someone hasn't spoken up about them yet, Wiz has the only one. But not by next week :wink: I haven't really heard anyone else talking about 90 orders, so I'm wondering who else other than me got them, everyone seems so hyped about the 350 now 
confused.gif

Dec 20, 2012 at 9:55 AM Post #4,109 of 7,980
Thanks for the links to the iem cable threads guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back