The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
Dec 23, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #4,127 of 7,980
Quote:
HOLY **** THEY ARE GORGEOUS! 

Well that pretty much sums it up, yeah. DAMN they look good! - And that's some pretty decent photography work as well 
wink.gif

Dec 23, 2012 at 3:56 AM Post #4,128 of 7,980
Quote:
Santa came early! (Actually Brannan just dropped them off at my house a couple hours ago...) I must have been a good boy this year!

Heir Audio 8.A - Amboyna Burl; Light Smoke shell (I think)

A few quick snaps:

Oh yes, I forgot...

They sound even better than they look! I have only had them for a couple hours, but right off the bat they compare very nicely to my Stax 407's. And the detail and clarity remind me of my beloved Ety ER-4S's but with a lot more body, punch, and BASS! Of course, time will tell as I get more familiar with them, but for now, they are amazing!

-Darin

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:25 AM Post #4,129 of 7,980
Quote:
Oh yes, I forgot...

They sound even better than they look! I have only had them for a couple hours, but right off the bat they compare very nicely to my Stax 407's. And the detail and clarity remind me of my beloved Ety ER-4S's but with a lot more body, punch, and BASS! Of course, time will tell as I get more familiar with them, but for now, they are amazing!

-Darin

Nice looking 8's and glad to hear they sound great 2.:)

Dec 23, 2012 at 10:08 AM Post #4,131 of 7,980
Quote:
Santa came early! (Actually Brannan just dropped them off at my house a couple hours ago...) I must have been a good boy this year!

Heir Audio 8.A - Amboyna Burl; Light Smoke shell (I think)

A few quick snaps:

Yes, you can post these on the Heir Facebook page!

Those are absolutely stunning

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #4,135 of 7,980
Jesus those are spectacular. I'm starting to regret not shoveling all of my money into my own 8.A....

Don worrry. You can always get a 8A as an extra christmas gift for yourself!

Dec 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #4,137 of 7,980
Jesus those are spectacular. I'm starting to regret not shoveling all of my money into my own 8.A....

Don worrry. You can always get a 8A as an extra christmas gift for yourself!

I know the feeling. I love my 4.A but I now wish I’d waited for the free wood. Or, perhaps, known about that dark flecked wood.

Not that I’m planning on doing it any time soon—or even in the next year or more—but was there ever a word given on pricing for remolding for current customers of Heir products?

Dec 23, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #4,138 of 7,980
Quote:
I know the feeling. I love my 4.A but I now wish I’d waited for the free wood. Or, perhaps, known about that dark flecked wood.
Not that I’m planning on doing it any time soon—or even in the next year or more—but was there ever a word given on pricing for remolding for current customers of Heir products?

I think Sorensiim asked as he wanted to redo his 8.A and get that swirl option.. Can't remember the exact number, but it was well above $200 with shipping and all.

Hope he's able to live out his swirl dream now that they're off for a repair.

Dec 23, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #4,140 of 7,980
I also picked up a iPod Classic 160gb the other day at the local Wally World and rockboxed it.  I haven't listened to FLAC's in sooooo long.  The 8A's paired with the leck and rb'd classic are a killer combination.  And to think I almost went with a SGS3 and a 64 gb card.  This setup will likely be around for some time...until I pickup the 240gb Toshiba drive and mod the classic.  Too bad a larger drive hasn't been confirmed to work in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back