The Wizard Appreciation Thread - Long Live the Wizard - The former HA Appreciation Thread
May 8, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #857 of 7,980
Quote:
Toxic cables is only a few weeks away from having their iem cables ready to go.... Unless something changes of course. I will have one on the way, and am probably going to send it around for folks to demo if they are interested. I'll let you guys know when the time comes.

When the time comes i would love to give it a demo if thats okay with you!

May 8, 2012 at 3:07 AM Post #858 of 7,980
When the time comes i would love to give it a demo if thats okay with you!

Sure! I'll post a thread for it when the time eventually comes.

Back to Heir Audio - spent a lot of time comparing the 6.A to the 8.A and Merlin today. Let's just say the 6.A holds its own even in such excellent company. By far the most neutral of the trio, with just a bit of extra low frequency presence so as not to get boring. VERY impressive, though also ruthlessly revealing of bad recordings, far more so than the other two.

May 8, 2012 at 11:26 AM Post #861 of 7,980
Quote:
Sure! I'll post a thread for it when the time eventually comes.
Back to Heir Audio - spent a lot of time comparing the 6.A to the 8.A and Merlin today. Let's just say the 6.A holds its own even in such excellent company. By far the most neutral of the trio, with just a bit of extra low frequency presence so as not to get boring. VERY impressive, though also ruthlessly revealing of bad recordings, far more so than the other two.

That's great. This is a limited edition 6.A that is no longer available?

I was emailing the Wizard not too long ago and he said they've sold over 400 of the 8.A and "don't worry we have more tricks to come!" It's all good news and I don't think he'll mind if I share that.

May 8, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #863 of 7,980
Quote:

Yummy... I like the cruel ones! I wonder what's the difference between the 4.A and 6.A other than bass quantity, though. I was considering the 6.A when ordering, but decided to stick with the 4.A to be on the safe side.

Quote:
  WOW! It's more than one or even two 8.A per day I belive!

That's a fast clip to be going at...

May 9, 2012 at 1:38 AM Post #864 of 7,980
I think these may be my last CIEMs.  With my fitment issue, the cost of sending these back and getting corrected, having new impressions made.  I'd almost opt for a refund and just pick up a pair locally or stick with high end UIEMs.  
frown.gif
  I have a sore left ear to boot.

May 9, 2012 at 7:05 AM Post #865 of 7,980
Quote:
I think these may be my last CIEMs.  With my fitment issue, the cost of sending these back and getting corrected, having new impressions made.  I'd almost opt for a refund and just pick up a pair locally or stick with high end UIEMs.  
frown.gif
  I have a sore left ear to boot.

Its a real shame your having issues with them dude. Thats whats putting me off getting my TF10 re shelled.

May 9, 2012 at 7:53 AM Post #866 of 7,980
No worries!  Wizard is getting me straightened out!  A++ for Heir... their customer service is fantastic!  I guess proper impressions for a GOOD RELIABLE source is UBER IMPORTANT!

May 9, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #867 of 7,980
Quote:
No worries!  Wizard is getting me straightened out!  A++ for Heir... their customer service is fantastic!  I guess proper impressions for a GOOD RELIABLE source is UBER IMPORTANT!

Extremely. I got very lucky with my audiologist in that she was one of the cheaper people around but also one of the best. In the end, the last part is what's most important. If you have to travel a bit farther and pay a bit more to make sure you get it right the first time (or second, or third) do so.

May 10, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #868 of 7,980
Ok guys, thanks everyone for the advice and will email the Wizard about this. 

Wrote to Wizard and got a very positive reply from him. No doubt that HA is very good in their BEFORE & AFTER sales service.
But I'll need a little more luck or miracle to happen as my throat and nose is still pretty bad after 2 rounds of antibiotics. My ears still have this ringing sensation and things sound muffled. Hope it will clear up soon so as not to miss the deadline. Sigh, this really is agonizing.

May 10, 2012 at 11:30 PM Post #869 of 7,980
That's great. This is a limited edition 6.A that is no longer available?

I was emailing the Wizard not too long ago and he said they've sold over 400 of the 8.A and "don't worry we have more tricks to come!" It's all good news and I don't think he'll mind if I share that.

Apparently the name is now informally the 6.A LE because it truly is limited at this point. Wizard reckons he has enough of the drivers in stock to make 6 more sets, and then they are gone forever.

I'm sure when the business slows down enough for him to catch his breath, he will go back to the drawing board and dream up a replacement 6 driver model. Maybe he can replicate the sound of the LE enough to make a nearly identical model. In which case the rarity of the current model won't really matter. But maybe he goes in a different direction with it, making my LE something of a collector's item. Not that it really matters much - I'm in it for the sound.

Wow, 400 8.A sets is quite a lot. I bet the numbers are high for the 4.A as well since a lot of folks around here went for that. Hopefully Heir can continue to do well, turn a profit, and keep their excellent level of service and support.

May 11, 2012 at 6:40 AM Post #870 of 7,980
Quote:
Apparently the name is now informally the 6.A LE because it truly is limited at this point. Wizard reckons he has enough of the drivers in stock to make 6 more sets, and then they are gone forever.

I had thought the names would be serial: The successor to the current 6.A would be the 6.B, and then its next design would be the 6.C, and so on. But i don't actually know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back