The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 25, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #89,987 of 91,364
If Legacy Ears is the new operating name for TXN of Vietnam, then yes! This was a set I was looking to purchase last year but it never materialised for a number of reasons. Absolutely stunning craftsmanship.
I believe they could be. This is one of Legacy’s previous builds:

IMG_2893.jpeg

‘Absolutely lovely. The one in your photo looks like a CIEM, though. Do you know if they can make customs?

May 25, 2024 at 5:24 AM Post #89,990 of 91,364
I believe they could be. This is one of Legacy’s previous builds:

‘Absolutely lovely. The one in your photo looks like a CIEM, though. Do you know if they can make customs?

The one in the picture is a UIEM actually. I'm not sure if they make customs, I only ever enquired about universal. Legacy Ears website shows CIEM options. I would be surprised if Legacy Ears is not TXN, or that there's considerable overlap in talent, as both are out of Hanoi.

May 25, 2024 at 5:29 AM Post #89,991 of 91,364
May 25, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #89,993 of 91,364
Share a photo of a setup that’s bringing you joy lately .

20240525_104656.jpg

Lotoo P6K + FQL Draco (600ohm bery) + Clan Audio Type 2 Litz Copper. Expansive, natural sound on-the-go.

May 25, 2024 at 6:37 AM Post #89,995 of 91,364
That cable is more than the IEM and the DAP combined 🤣 Sick combo.

I find the placement of the vocals a bit strange when using it - it sounds like they are originating from the very centre of your head. I just can't get used to this so unfortunately it was a pass for me. How are you finding the vocal placement/imaging? I'd like to imagine this "problem" back then was that I was using 2pin to Fitear adapters when testing, so it was the adapter doing weird things and not the cable's characteristic itself.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:11 AM Post #89,997 of 91,364
That cable is more than the IEM and the DAP combined 🤣 Sick combo.

I find the placement of the vocals a bit strange when using it - it sounds like they are originating from the very centre of your head. I just can't get used to this so unfortunately it was a pass for me. How are you finding the vocal placement/imaging? I'd like to imagine this "problem" back then was that I was using 2pin to Fitear adapters when testing, so it was the adapter doing weird things and not the cable's characteristic itself.
Haha, yes, discussions on "value" at this level are totally moot. That said - and trying to see objectively through the honeymoon period fog - this combination is something very special.

I first had it on Xe6, briefly, but long enough to suggest the Rn6 pairing might be even better, and so far my gut's been right. I'm hearing things I've never heard with Rn6 before, and I've been listening to Rn6 with many different TOTL cables for quite a while now.

To answer your question about vocals, that 'front and slightly forward' presentation, especially with female vocals, is one of the things I like most about it. I'm not sure if that's what you're hearing too, but to me it doesn't sound unnatural. It just sounds incredibly real and detailed.

This cable seems to have a way of making eveything sound both more detailed and 'grippy' at the same time. I'm hearing subtle, airy details at the extremities of the stage at the same time as drums are hitting hard and dense closer to the centre. And eveything seems to be layered in its own space - not necessarily 'accurately' but I get the feeling it's accurate to the mastering (just my gut again).

It also has the ability to infuse treble details with air and agility, taking them almost to the point of 'too sharp' and never crossing over into harshness, even at volume.

It's almost like a strange combination of super hi-fi contrast and detail that somehow manages to present as effortless and relaxed. Even when I'm hearing so much stuff going on that I should be fatigued, I never am.

But perhaps the biggest competent I can give it is that it makes Rn6 truly holographic. This IEM is naturally very wide but can lack depth and height on occasion, and I feel as if Orbit is revealing that depth without sacrificing any of the width. It's a beautifully expansive presentation, that has vocals centred and sublimely resolving while instruments and details flit in an out of the audibly blacker background. It really does elevate Rn6, which was already great but not perfect to start with, to something closer to exceptional.

That's my snapshot thoughts from two days of listening. It's rare that I have a 'just one more song' session nowadays, but having only really discovered this combination last week, I can't stop listening.

I don't think I've been this excited to review something in a while. Just don't ask me if it's 'worth it'. 😅🤫

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 7:33 AM Post #89,998 of 91,364
Certainly not4all but this brilliant performance leaves me speechless. I've been listening to it 5 times straight and don't know how to stop. Every time after hearing the fabulous end I want to hear it just one more time :frowning2:

What to do???

(Rückert Lieder ~ Gustav Mahler)

drftr

I can feel with you, cause I had a similar experience with this pieces of art of Mahler with Magdalena Kozena.

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 9:30 AM Post #89,999 of 91,364
Thanks for the responses to the "What setup is bringing you joy?" question. Lots of great and varied answers...though it struck me that the Trailli, still, got more votes than any other single IEM.

May 25, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #90,000 of 91,364
And congrats on 6K...post #90,000 checking in...

Edit:

For anyone interested here are the dates of the prevous "1000 page milestones".

6000 - May 25, 2024 (5 months)
5000 - Dec 23, 2023 (6 months)
4000 - June 9, 2023 (5 months)
3000 - Jan 1, 2023 (6 months)
2000 - Jul 22, 2022 (4 months)
1000 - Mar 13, 2022 (11 months)

The time in brackets is the number of months it since the last 1000 page marker. Spring-summer 2022 seems to have been quite a busy time but apart from that it's been fairly consistent for most of the last 3 years. Here's to the next 1000.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back