The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 25, 2024 at 1:25 PM Post #90,016 of 91,364
May 25, 2024 at 2:00 PM Post #90,017 of 91,364
My evening bliss...
How I wish the beautiful Cleopatra II Octa was mine. It pairs wonderfully with the Mest. It's part of a tour though.
1000028018.jpg

May 25, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #90,018 of 91,364
Certainly not4all but this brilliant performance leaves me speechless. I've been listening to it 5 times straight and don't know how to stop. Every time after hearing the fabulous end I want to hear it just one more time :frowning2:

What to do???

(Rückert Lieder ~ Gustav Mahler)

drftr

Reminded me of the impact of hearing Richard Straus, Four Last Songs, III.Beim Schlafengehen (Going to Sleep), in the movie The Year of Living Dangerously(1982). The scene, and the music, was a gestalt, that just reached into you.

The singer in the movie was Dame Kiri Te Kanawa

And another interpretation of Four Last Songs

May 25, 2024 at 3:21 PM Post #90,021 of 91,364
May 25, 2024 at 3:32 PM Post #90,022 of 91,364
Share a photo of a setup that’s bringing you joy lately .

0CC6A29C-086D-41AF-B5D5-B0B93B987489.jpeg
Don't have anything exciting lately, and that's why I am still searching for new stuff to bring me joy :).

May 25, 2024 at 3:39 PM Post #90,023 of 91,364
20240523_111450.jpg

I saw a used listing online and snatched one of these up since I grew impatient of waiting for it to be re-stocked and for our loaner tour to get to me… So far I may have to take back all the bad things I said about bass. Bass isn't bad. There's nothing to be afraid of.... Bass just never was done well until more recently (in the past couple of years) in the IEM world (at least in my opinion)

The Titan is really solid. It does not compromise the midrange and treble for its abundance of bass quantity, which is also pretty good quality as well. It’s pretty explosive and dynamic and I am quite enjoying it. It rumbles my skull on some tracks — “Hey Now” from London Grammar at around 1:21 when the bass kicks off is mind shattering.

Here’s some of my own squigs against the FatFreq Maestro SE, which is a very very comparable alternative, and two of my fav IEMs: the Subtonic Storm and Elysian Annihilator (2023).

graph (8).png

I had the FatFreq Maestro SE on loan last week and just received my Titan this week so unfortunately didn't get to compare both side-by-side. They do have a lot of similarities though! The graphs obviously show the traits. I do think the Titan is smoother and intimate, but the Maestro SE has bigger soundstage and instrument separation. I also like the shell design of the Maestro SE a little bit more just because it fits my ears like a glove, but I can also see a lot of people liking the shallower and smaller fit of the Titan over the deep and large fit of the Maestro SE.

graph (7).png
graph (6).png

The Storm is my favorite IEM (and perhaps headphone in general). The Annihilator is probably my 2nd favorite. The Titan is like taking the Annihilator low-end and mixing it with the Storm upper mids and treble and adding more deep sub-bass, so there is always a good chance I would have liked the Titan.

It's still a step behind both of these in my opinion, but it's quite fun to listen to when I just want to pretend I am 10-20 years younger and still going out to clubs/raves, except sitting on my couch like an old man. :) (edited age range because i forgot how old i am)

Last edited:
May 25, 2024 at 3:43 PM Post #90,024 of 91,364
For everyone hear who may have also have an interest in headphones.. Following this thread's lead, we have launched the Watercooler Headphone Edition's first poll - I would be deligheted to have any of you that may be interested contribute to our poll and conversation (thanks so much @Rockwell75 for your advice and help🙏)

WC HE kickoff poll: https://forms.gle/LUbE8rM6zxgq9XZL8

Hi everyone,

I hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

We are finally kicking off our very first Watercooler Headphone Edition Poll ‼️

The purpose is to have some fun together, gauging and sharing what everyone is currently interested in or excited about 😊

Please enter your replies here: https://forms.gle/LUbE8rM6zxgq9XZL8

I will collect all answers over the coming days and share back your polls results here in the thread!

:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Eyal

May 25, 2024 at 4:26 PM Post #90,025 of 91,364
I hope that cable is in for review and you didn't actually buy it 😅
That cable is more than the IEM and the DAP combined 🤣 Sick combo.

I find the placement of the vocals a bit strange when using it - it sounds like they are originating from the very centre of your head. I just can't get used to this so unfortunately it was a pass for me. How are you finding the vocal placement/imaging? I'd like to imagine this "problem" back then was that I was using 2pin to Fitear adapters when testing, so it was the adapter doing weird things and not the cable's characteristic itself.
I certainly hope thats not the case with the adapter as I was hoping to keep my EST without having to send a cable to be reterminated.

May 25, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #90,027 of 91,364
The Rhapsodio Supreme V3 are starting to grow on me.

After a few days I thought this would be a catch and release. Primarily due to fit and weight. But now with the right tips, weight seems better distributed and my ears dont feel “stretched out 😅

At first I also had to get used to the high intensity (treble), but I guess brain burn-in kicked in. Sure some tracks are still a bit much. But overall, damn this is a good set.

Im listening to this artist named “Rozen” which primarily does “stage & screen” or video game music. And let me tell you, on the v3 the tracks sound EPIC.

I would not call these bassy IEM’s, yet they create this wrapping effect in the low to mids. Engulfing you in sound

https://tidal.com/artist/4034943?u

IMG_6652.jpeg

May 25, 2024 at 8:42 PM Post #90,028 of 91,364
He might not go that route though? :smile: But whether he does or not, I'm looking forward to him getting ears on stuff, so he can plan the next steps of his journey.

Nvm what I said above lol. :smile:

I plan to demo some cables with my DAP and IEMs just to see what differences I discover with cable rolling. I’m planning on going to CanJam sooner than later.

Any bliss ever, really. We got to feed the urge somehow.

Yup. I find that when I want to listen to music more and more with my setup, then I’m on the right path.

May 25, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #90,029 of 91,364
Not sure why I'm so pleased to get the Headphoneus Supremus designation but I am lol. Today was the day the Nicehck DragonScale came into my life a cable so stiff that it acts like a snake with Rigamortus but adds sound qualities that make it worth the cable wrangling needed to use it effectively

Last edited:
May 26, 2024 at 12:06 AM Post #90,030 of 91,364
I plan to demo some cables with my DAP and IEMs just to see what differences I discover with cable rolling. I’m planning on going to CanJam sooner than later.

How busy do you get with work that time of year? Would you be able to come into town the Thursday before the show (early Friday at the latest)?

Not sure why I'm so pleased to get the Headphoneus Supremus designation but I am lol.

We love you! 🥰

Users who are viewing this thread

Back