The Watercooler -- Impressions, philosophical discussion and general banter. Index on first page. All welcome.
May 14, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #89,252 of 90,228
A cross post from the other Cooler.

Enjoying some Jazz-Rock tonight with Aja by Steely Dan on my Susvara. An album I like, especially tracks Aja, and Deacon Blues. A quick story: When I finally attained the 2-channel system I had wanted for many, many years, Deacon Blues was one of the tracks played to show me what the system could do. Hope you all like it as well.

May 14, 2024 at 11:49 PM Post #89,254 of 90,228
He switches across many styles. Here are a few samplers…

YouTube clip of him playing "Caravan" in a duo with Josho Stephan (lots of great YouTube clips for him):

For streaming...

For a quiet ballad, he has an exquisite cover of the much covered song “Somewhere over the rainbow”:

1715735007207.png

This album is a recording of one his live shows, so gives a feel for it:

1715736035361.png

A duet with Frank Vignola:

1715735124163.png

I like his rendition of Classical Gas if you have not heard it.

May 14, 2024 at 11:50 PM Post #89,255 of 90,228
May 14, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #89,257 of 90,228
Has a man paired the Totem with the XE6 before? 🙂
Not the actual Totem cable, but I have listened to Xe6 on this rig with the Totem interconnect which is pretty divine.

May 15, 2024 at 12:21 AM Post #89,258 of 90,228
PW Audio Orpheus Shielding.
+1. PW First Times Shielding no slouch either and I did a/b the two and could not discern a difference!

May 15, 2024 at 12:35 AM Post #89,259 of 90,228
Brise Yatono
Big Brise lover here. I'm testing the Yatono Ultimate 4w with the Traillii at the moment and I'm getting mixed results. The bass is more textured, more microdetails, but the treble is a bit too energetic for me. I use an adapter, "cause the cable is mmcx ended, but I don't think this alone can explain the treble. Quite puzzled, really. The cable is great with other IEMs.

May 15, 2024 at 12:38 AM Post #89,260 of 90,228
Big Brise lover here. I'm testing the Yatono Ultimate 4w with the Traillii at the moment and I'm getting mixed results. The bass is more textured, more microdetails, but the treble is a bit too energetic for me. I use an adapter, "cause the cable is mmcx ended, but I don't think this alone can explain the treble. Quite puzzled, really. The cable is great with other IEMs.
Everytime I see something like this, and of course I have similar experiences with cables in terms of how they can skew a sound towards treble or bass; I end up scratching my head on how large youtube reviewers can’t hear a difference and resort to what they can measure using tools at their disposal.

May 15, 2024 at 12:41 AM Post #89,261 of 90,228
I have the Yatono OG 2-pin with the Trailli and I don't get any energetic treble at least with that variant. Just the usual Brise house sound goodness.

May 15, 2024 at 12:59 AM Post #89,262 of 90,228
Just finished listening to this album on this chain and I could not be happier and more engaged! I have finally fine-tuned and brained-in the sound and I am getting lost in the emotions!

Happy Thursday (or Wednesday) as the case may be Coolers! May the music be with you!

IMG_4583.jpg

May 15, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #89,263 of 90,228
Just finished listening to this album on this chain and I could not be happier and more engaged! I have finally fine-tuned and brained-in the sound and I am getting lost in the emotions!

Happy Thursday (or Wednesday) as the case may be Coolers! May the music be with you!

IMG_4583.jpg
Can you list out everything in this audio chain, if not already? :eyes:

May 15, 2024 at 1:21 AM Post #89,264 of 90,228
25 Kendrick Lamar - Count Me Out: phat track, vocals and beat focused, lots of changes
I recently relistened to Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers after watching him utterly demolish Drake, and man... that album is a masterpiece. 'Can't wait for people to start coming around to it and recognize it as probably K-Dot's best.

lol that sax guy! 🤣
When I see "sax guy," I always think of this man:

('Full show in case anyone wants to watch it. :wink:)

May 15, 2024 at 1:26 AM Post #89,265 of 90,228
I recently relistened to Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers after watching him utterly demolish Drake, and man... that album is a masterpiece. 'Can't wait for people to start coming around to it and recognize it as probably K-Dot's best.
It's between this and To Pimp A Butterfly for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back